Australian Discussion Thread

Frankie

The backdrops are a lot better now than they used to be, it isn’t a painting though, it is a blown up photo take from the door of the real house.. Having said that, if you look closely outside Todie and Steph's window, you will see the same backdrop they had since the show started, you know this because you can still is the water hydrant outside no. 22, the one that was taken down in the 80's!

To be honest though, they cant do much more than a backdrop on a drama series budget, if it were a movie they would have a huge green or blue screen outside every set, with actual motion footage of the street. Maybe something like that will come, but i don’t think you can bag out the show for the way it is currently, and they cant really start doing all door scenes at the actual outdoor location because the interior of the real houses are totally different to the sets we see.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So is Susan innocent, since she didnt hit Bridget??

She did hit Bridget, which we saw. But she couldn't have avoided it partly because of her fainting spells (although the prosecutor argued that she therefore shouldn't have got behind the wheel) and partly because Bridget fell off the curb in front of her.

Interesting the way they managed to bury that detail, because I hadn't thought of it as something that they'd be able to use to get Susan off. I was wondering what Bridget would be able to remember that would help Susan.

Basically, she was sentenced to one year in jail, but it was suspended AS LONG AS she doesn't commit the same or a similar crime within three years - if she does, she will have to serve the year in jail.

So basically, unless she runs someone else down (or commits a similar driving crime) within three years, she doesn't have to serve any jail time.

I hope that makes sense.

Well I just wanted to say something about tonight episodes, those guys were suhc jerks, I am glad Declan gave them a piece of his mind. I mean come on, all bridget is doing is walking with a stick, she still looks pretty and everything so that was cruel. Also I thought Zeke was cruel to Miranda too.

Did they do it on purpose though? I wasn't sure... they looked like they were still messing around afterwards, so... I don't know. Declan might have just been overreacting. They were staring at her before, but they weren't saying anything... So... I don't know. It could have been an accident... I kind of think that it was done more to illustrate Declan being insecure about being seen with Bridget when she's like that.

Anyway, I loved their date. He offered her a mint twice ^_^

Declan and Bridget's date was all cliched, but it made me laugh and twas sweet.

I'm really glad that Libby is back. Also I liked the little reference to Rachel all of a sudden becoming an 'outsider' between a mother/daughter relationship. That was good. :) Glad to see her back!

Archived