Australian Discussion Thread

Frankie

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fine?? FINE!?!? He's gonna go to jail!!! For attempted manslaughter, no less!

Um, I think that's a contradiction in terms.

Yeah, it's great to see Valda back, and I suppose everyone will be happy that they have a matriarch character on the show for the first time since Rosie left in 2003.

The chemistry between Bridget and Declan is terrific, although I didn't see it coming when she moved in (of course, we hadn't met Declan yet, but still) - I figured she was going to end up with Zeke.

I love Steph's very-long-engagement idea, but I hope Toad takes it seriously and doesn't screw up their relationship the way Brad did.

Fine?? FINE!?!? He's gonna go to jail!!! For attempted manslaughter, no less!

Um, I think that's a contradiction in terms.

If you want to get technical... I was distraught.

What do you call it when you don't kill someone, but you don't save them from dying? Is that manslaughter or murder? Or nothing...? Assisted accidental death...? You can be arrested for assisted suicide - you don't kill them, but you provide the opportunity for them to kill themself. So assisted accidental death seems like it should be illegal somehow. Declan didn't throw.. name... into the water, but his actions provoked the man to fall in, and Declan didn't help him to get out again. What is that?

Criminal negligence...?

EDIT: Just had to check that that quote was actually in reference to that incident, seeing as I posted it over a month ago. It was.

I'm finding it really hard to believe that car accident did the damage it did to both the car and Bridget. At the speed it was going, it shouldn't have done much more than a shopping trolley. I suppose she did hit her head on the road, but the dent on the car wasn't really plausible.

Also, how did Karl not put the pieces together when Susan said that she'd fallen asleep while driving and hit the curb? Did it not occur to him that he'd been driving his car all day?

That was before he knew about Declan and Oliver's car though, plus the way Susan described it, it seemed totally natural... I've fallen asleep at the wheel and hit the curb before.

The dent, I guess we are just supposed to believe it did do that damage and she was hit harder than we saw from the angle we got... but it was a pretty nasty hit.

That was before he knew about Declan and Oliver's car though, plus the way Susan described it, it seemed totally natural... I've fallen asleep at the wheel and hit the curb before.

Yes, but if Karl had been thinking he should at least have realised that she'd been driving Declan's car, and then when it was discovered to be responsible for the accident he would have worked it out before Susan did.

• 4 weeks later...

That guy that Bridget was talking to yesterday at the pool, the one in the wheelchair, is that Chris Hemsworths brother in real life?? Because wasnt he meant to be on Neighbours? And ive been waiting a long time to see his appearance :P

Yes he is, and I suspect that his name, Josh Taylor, is taken from the Dolly competition last year that led to the hiring of Lolly and Ringo: in the competition, those auditioning for the female role had to make a film of them as a new character called Taylor, while the boys had to do the same as a boy called Josh.

And where the hell is Daniel Fitzgerald? He wasn't in any part of the episode I saw, or on the recap video on the website.

Archived