UK Episode Discussion

Skykat

Forgot to mention in my last post that I saw the explosion aftermath episode and although after not liking Josh for a lot of his time on the show and quite liking him towards the end he went up in my estimation.  Total self sacrifice putting his sister's happiness above his own life and I thought he went out like a hero.  And even though I don't necessarily agree with it I can understand now (apart from the green card thing) one of the reasons why Josh and Imogen wanted to get married.

Still thoroughly enjoying Ned's manipulation and attempted seduction of Lauren.  I like the fact that she knows that he finds her attractive and it's making her feel uncomfortable.  Not because it's unwanted attention but quite the opposite.  Because she is attracted to him and that scares her because she is supposed to be hopelessly head over heels with the love of her life.  Ned and Lauren have got far more chemistry than Brad and Lauren IMO.  Ned's doing a brilliant job of making Lauren think that the perfectly platonic nature of Brad and Terese's relationship is not so platonic.  Really looking forward to seeing where this goes and if Ned can succeed and hopefully wreck Lauren/Brad as a couple.

Part of me thought that Mandy was genuine for the simple reason that I couldn't understand a motive for pretending to be John Doe's girlfriend.  I did wonder if he was well off person and she was an acquaintance that wanted to swindle him.  But no it was a lot simpler than that.  This was all because she fancied him and she was deluded enough to think she could manipulate his memory loss into having an actual relationship with him.  I am disappointed she's been rumbled so quickly because (a) she was cute (b) I was once again really enjoying seeing Paige get jealous and out of shape.  Although fair play to her for the quite cunning way she exposed Mandy's lies.  Paige has invested an awful lot in John Doe.  She was at his bedside most of the time he was unconscious in hospital, even choosing that over he grandfather's funeral (Which is interesting given that she decided to ditch her previous family for the new one and decided to change her life for them and they're not important enough to give one day of her life to someone she was apparently quite fond of and would never see again - As an aside I wonder if she still keeps in touch with Ethan).  She's also dedicated the most of her free time to helping him discover his identity.  So I really, really hope this all comes crashing down on her and she somehow loses him although I suspect they will probably end up together.

Again I've warmed to Angus this week.  Now he's not acting like a tool I am slightly more sympathetic towards him although I still find the accent annoying.  I liked the way he seemed to be getting on with his punishment without whining about it.  And I didn't like Piper and Ben's attitude towards him initially when they were quizzing him about Xanthe.  Susan and Karl have a problem now though.  Angus knows about Karl cheating on her with his mum so quite correctly he's extremely suspicious of their motives for letting him stay with them.  Certainly from his perspective what person in right mind would do that.  The whole we're friends line is not good enough as he knows they were fobbing him off.  And by not being honest with him this is arousing even more suspicion.  Eventually he's going to put his foot down and demand to know what is really going on so they will either be forced to tell him or give Sarah some ultimate to do it herself.

Now that we've seen a more vulnerable side to Xanthe I've found I've liked her a little bit more.  I also think she's kinda cute like this.  I'm assuming she wasn't lying when she told Ben and Piper she was only going for a consultation at the clinic and not the actual breast enlargement.  They're going to have a very hard job convincing her to change her mind so although I didn't like Amy blabbing to Sheila about Xanthe previously in this case it may be required for her own good.

Can't believe Piper brought that idiot Chas back.  Although it does seem to have had the effect that Piper knows Tyler likes her now and the connection between them is not just one way.  I can understand Nate warning him off as she's only sixteen but I am actually undecided how I feel about him doing that.  I'm not sure what Tyler's age is and can't decide whether Nate was right or not.  If Piper was eighteen or over then I wouldn't care but Tyler does have to be mindful of Terese and Brad and the fact that he's had a thing with both of her sisters.  Personally I think Piper's really cute which is one of the reasons I like her so much and do hope she an Tyler eventually become and item.

Whilst I haven't particularly liked the way Toadie kept Walter's identify from Sonia for some reason (even though it is understandable) I haven't liked Sonia's attitude towards him.  So I was quite enjoying seeing Walter and Terese together winding her up.  I also didn't appreciate the way she tried to guilt-trip/emotionally blackmail Terese into reconsidering seeing him.  There is obviously something going on with him but until we know what I will try and give him the benefit of the doubt.

Well if Jacka didn't actually cause the explosion he definitely knows who did.  What I'm more interested in is why?  Again not liking the writers making Paul out to be the victim.  And like a broken record I absolutely hate the way he's thrown the towel in.  So I wasn't too happy when he left (given Amy and Jimmy still want to be part of his life) and would prefer him to stay and fight.  I do have to admit I did find Julie's attitude upon discovering the Terese paid Cecilia to implicate Paul quite amusing.  I guess they both share a mutual hatred towards him although is that really the case with both of them?

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was never really convinced that Josh sacrificed himself so Imogen could be happy, I think he just realised that he was a goner either way so told them to go ahead and save Daniel. Anything else seemed like Daniel doing his usual thing of trying to see universal messages in anything and thinking Josh's death had to serve some greater purpose rather than just being random and meaningless.

I am completely over Paul's storyline.The fact that his attempt to do a runner has been rendered a completely meaningless waste of half a week just underlines how much it's been running on the spot.It does seem like we've got the trial coming up but even if he's found guilty it'll probably be overturned within a couple of weeks.I'm continuing to find Ned interesting.It seems like he has actually accepted Brad at face value which makes his behaviour towards Lauren all the more interesting: There do seem to be some genuine, and not necessarily one-sided, feelings in there.

I didn't mind Paige that much up until that last episode, where she became way too self-absorbed with her tantrum about John not being willing to date her when he doesn't know who he is, even though that's pretty much the only sane response to his predicament.Sadly it's another storyline that's dragging:It's hard to imagine the reveal of John's identity being anything shocking so I'd rather they just got on with it.

I've actually been pretty impressed with Sonya's openness with regards Walter.I'm certainly finding her more likable than Toadie, who seems very eager to try and get rid of his newfound father-in-law.Hmm, yes.That revelation was a bit soapie but plausible.I'm not sure Walter is going to be a reliable father figure but I would like him to stick around and build a relationship with Sonya.

I keep saying this but I think I am at the point where I sort of like Xanthe.The scene between her and Ben on Tuesday was very insightful and helped to redeem Ben somewhat after his inconsiderate attitude towards Angus.It's a shame they're all stuck in this silly storyline about stealing Tom Quill's money, which just seems to defy all logic.Piper and Tyler is seeming increasingly likely with all the screen-time they're getting and I'm definitely in favour of it.

• 2 months later...
12 hours ago, dncllpyk said:

Would you believe Gil still thinks Kate is coming back. Kate has been gone for 2 & a half years now. You would think Gil would off accepted that Kate is gone by now

You would be surprised at the rumors I hear from Sydney and Down under yes All PR people "Hint" at things and most of the time there wrong............

I wish ALOT of people would come back yet I heard from sources those actors have moves on to other work like Kate did and one EX Ramsey Street had "PUT NEIGHBOURS in her past even though they "tweeted" to someone they would like to come back. Things like that disappoints me as I understand  agents post for stars yet some fans are take every word as real and that lead to what we are discussing,

Yes They are false posts made online! Yet even a hint of someoene fav returning can cause issues.

I know MY people not coming back and im fine with it.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, dncllpyk said:

Gil has created a Facebook page to bring back Kate. I just don't see why she can't be happy for Ashleigh Brewer. She has moved on.

A trailer for Neighbours spoilers was released on the channel 11 Facebook page today. There is a lot of interesting stuff coming up

Its not only her anymore alot of fans have been so cruel to the new people on both neighbours and HOME & AAWAY characters bashing them saying they cant act and should leave. Its a cruel business  I understand we miss our people Yet some like Margot Are NOT coming back...........others I been told put those characters in the past. Which is why I never would do anything like that. I told a mate in Melbounre who talked to one of Neighbours that I wished she would stayed yet the decision was up to them and he passed that along and once that was done what more can you do. GH was told by everyone including the actor they want to move on as my People did.

Sad she still cant enjoy the fact her people are working even though it may not be as we like.

I do think any time a former cast returns down under it gives fans a False hope they could return much as I been reading in the Aussie press some actors have returned from the states yet that doesn't mean they return to Summer bay or Ramsey Street.

• 4 weeks later...

The Balloon crash was a little different to what we've seen before one that I enjoyed I don't believe it's ever happened before in soap land I think it's pretty obvious who dies in it tho which is a shame I was hoping for a bigger name, but it was good to watch and the way Steph crashed just after too, I think someone may come out with a bigger injury than just walking away from it unhurt like they all did with the plane crash.

The Paige and Jack story is just getting boring now it's dragged on for about 6 month.

Love anything with Paul in love his vendetta with Terese it's a shame we aren't seeing more of his family back on the street.

6 hours ago, Gazza said:

The Balloon crash was a little different to what we've seen before one that I enjoyed I don't believe it's ever happened before in soap land I think it's pretty obvious who dies in it tho which is a shame I was hoping for a bigger name, but it was good to watch and the way Steph crashed just after too, I think someone may come out with a bigger injury than just walking away from it unhurt like they all did with the plane crash.

The Paige and Jack story is just getting boring now it's dragged on for about 6 month.

Love anything with Paul in love his vendetta with Terese it's a shame we aren't seeing more of his family back on the street.

Yea if they could get some actors to come back Stefan could have more fun than he is now.

1 hour ago, samdanfan said:

Yea if they could get some actors to come back Stefan could have more fun than he is now.

It's great when Lucy comes back but it's only temporary, I'd love to see more of his kids back to give him some different screen time or even a permanent return for Des Clarke, it's a shame they've never been able to get Jim back it would of been great for Paul to of seen him when he had his brain tumour. It's a shame Scott's such an Iconic character when played by Jason Donovan it would be great to see him back for a guest stint even if they got Darius Perkins to play the role again.

Archived