UK Episode Discussion

Skykat

I was disappointed that Mark and Paige didn't get married, partly because it'll give someone an excuse to start insisting the Second Coming of Kate is just around the corner (the constant references to her didn't help, neither did bringing Mark back from the dead), partly because they were a good pairing and I'm not sure what they can do with them now. Brennan has always been a bland non-character and Paige gave him a bit of life, and he's snapped right back to being deathly dull and supremely annoying.Despite his stated reasons, it's hard to believe that he arrested Paige for anything other than personal reasons, because she'd hurt his pride and humiliated him and he wanted to do the same to her. Maybe there's a chance of a reconciliation, maybe not.Looking ahead, it seems the show may have something potentially interesting lined up for Paige when she gets back, so I'll reserve judgement for now, but Brennan seems like a lost cause.

I still haven't warmed towards Piper, she just comes across as an immature brat.It's odd because part of me would quite like Tyler and Piper together, and I don't think the age gap is the barrier everyone insists it is, but after the way she's treated him I don't think she deserves him.She learnt nothing from her childish revenge when she sabotaged the garage and risked his job by posting that video because she heard him calling her a little kid (marvel at the irony).She constantly gets him into trouble with her tantrums, and now she's posted a video slandering his new girlfriend out of petty jealousy.It's frustrating that Brad and Terese keep handing out punishments that she ignores but whines about anyway, and then she gets to cry and act the victim when it doesn't go well.The way that Aaron and Tyler keep helping her find ways to get around her bans when they're meant to be the adults is nothing short of idiotic.

Xanthe's another one that largely comes across as a brat.I wasn't keen on her introduction, where she got away with scamming a meal from the Waterhole because Brennan's incompetent, and it seemed like she was a brat to Kyle and he got the blame for not welcoming her with open arms.She's improved slightly, and I was actually intrigued with the suggestion that she had reading difficulties (which seemed to have most of the audience nodded knowingly and going "dyslexia", whereas I just took it to mean she hasn't been to school much), but then she opens Georgia's letter and I'm left wanting someone to slap her.I like Kyle and Amy together but the show needs to work out what it needs to do with them, they seem to be stuck in a cycle of arguing and making up at the moment.

I mostly just roll my eyes at Brad and Lauren these days but I really hated the way Lauren took down Matt's picture, having successfully got rid of all those pesky children from her marriage who hated her erasing their father from history and hooking up with her other child's father.I was sorry to see Amber go, she was one of my favourites, but at least she got a positive exit and was spared seeing this and being stuck back with Josh, which seemed to be threatened at some point.(Did someone twig that most of the audience hated the idea?) I was disappointed that Daniel and Imogen got stuck back together though, they seem a very dull and mismatched couple despite Tim Phillipps insisting the fans love them.

I am finding Steph hard to like in this whole Charlie storyline, and not appreciating the way that Toadie, Sonya, Karl and Susan are all onboard with her getting custody.I liked Max and wasn't happy with the way he seemed to get erased from existence in typical Neighbours style when he left, not even being mentioned when Steph went to jail and left Charlie with Lyn.So when we found out Charlie was living with him that felt like a redemption...and now Steph's trying to take him back without any consideration to the fact that he's got a home and family and might be better off with them.I wasn't happy with the way Lyn manipulated things or with the fact Charlie's now lying to Max.So, while I quite like the idea of Paul and Steph going into business together, I'm hoping it isn't an instant success.Not sure what Paul's up to with Doug's money, but he seemed keen to keep it secret from Josh and Daniel.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, dncllpyk said:

Neighbours fanatics(Gil) has asked Andrew Morley on his facebook page to give her page a shout out i just hope he knows what she is like and to be careful

Neighbours was good this week can't believe Mark arrested Paige at their wedding 

Well I couldn't help her I doubt anyone else can as well. I'm sure she known to the show and I second your opinion as well.

Yes total unrealistic plot yet I'm sure that made NFanatics happy.

Despite Lyn and Brad's attempts to thwart the idea I'm actually glad Steph and Doug decided to go into business with Paul.  I've found I've actually really enjoyed their scenes trying to get the hotel up and running and struggling to cover up the obvious issues in order get the hotel inspectors to give the green light.  Hell, they've even roped Amy into helping.  I think it's been good to actually see Paul do some hard graft in addition to the community service.

I said last week that I wasn't in any particular hurry for Paige to rush back from Singapore but surprisingly I haven't minded her this week at all and I've actually quite enjoyed the scenes with her and Mark (after they sorted out returning their belongings).  I'm glad she got humiliated but I actually wouldn't mind if they stayed together.  I think Paige did have a point though.  I don't think the age difference in itself is a problem, they just have different attitudes towards life and want different things.  I do actually feel a bit sorry for Mark ATM.  Without Paige and being forced to take time off work he seems lost.

I think the idea of Paige going to uni is a good one.  She seems like a bit of a tomboy and only seems to have male friends so it will be good to see her hanging out with other females and given that Courtney goes to the same uni she wants to enroll in I think a friendship with these two would be interesting.  I'm not sure they have much in common but I hope they will start hanging out.

I suppose Terese should feel grateful for Mother Theresa apologising to her for accusing her of being unprofessional when she was actually trying to do her a favour.  Of course you can't really blame Lauren but once again it just feels she is made out to be perfect no matter what she does.  And Terese is always made out to be the bad guy especially given that she's now forced to keep quiet knowing some of her friends could be in trouble with the plans for a second Lassiter's complex.

It seems ridiculous but I am left wondering is Julie doing all of this i.e. screwing over numerous people just to get back at Paul?  Does it really make sense to build two massive hotels so close together?  Wouldn't it make more sense to move it across to the other side of town?

Given Tim Collins's character assassination of Sonya, I wasn't expecting her to be elected as major.  This will be interesting given that she seemed glad when she thought she lost.  I suspect she will struggle but Paul will obviously want to join forces to thwart Julie Quill.

On Facebook TV week Page Neighbours Fanatics of course continued her support of Mark and Kate yet she said something interesting?

"She good on the Bold and Beautiful"

Its nice she accepted her fav has another role. I'm impressed she FINALLY took my advice and understand actors have more than one role. Yet she still beating the theory Kate will return and other fans support that as well which gives her hope maybe not a lot yet still enough to keep her hopes up! And the show plot with Mark helps make her feel that way too.

I think the best thing would be to get the actress back on the US show yet she had a busy time from what I been told so any actor needs a break form their character and The Neighbours needs to MARRY the Mark actor ASAP and maybe She accept the relationship she adores is over.......I feel sorry for  her in a  way as my favs are gone and I accept that even though I heard a rumor one may return I dismiss it as I know why 3 people left and DIDNT want to come back. One "Never to be seen In Erinsbough again" My group gone as as much as I wish H&A and N people well I'm just don't have those feelings anymore.

my  issues are

1 Bad writing Paul had a wonderful idea to replace Elle and when they failed I was disappointed,

2. The show shouldn't tease the fans which has lead to the Problem with the UK fan. Be honest. Sadly its changed over the years.

3. As a UK fan said they shouldn't waste time trying to get people back or others who are not willing to commit to a role. TV work is hard as many actors I met here in the States have told us at events. Some actors are good and some would rather do films? That's their right.

I say the show is doing 2 things it should.

1. Bring in new people

2. Needs teens and younger characters

As I read in an interview

"The longer people stay the more the audience invest!"

As my ex source said most new people want to do a Margot Robbie and work a short time and try for the USA!

The 2 things I like to see wont happen as I know why.

More from Facebook sadly other fans have help Neighbours fantics with her support of Kate by saying she should return?

Here is what she posted for TV WEEK.

"They could bring her back Neighbours keeping returning characters underwraps so you don't know whats going to happen?

OH the good days when I use to know people? I wonder who she knows? as the BIG inside sources  I knew banned her as well?

Years ago the show really let us know about leaks form the set and one reason I DO NOT have my Melbounre contacts anymore. So I shocked yet admire her devotion in a way.

I think its says a lot the actress has such a fan base support which I'm sad to see they doing what a lot in the USA doing wanting everything both ways and when they make statements that give fans false hopes then...............

Just FYI

3 hours ago, dncllpyk said:

There is an interview with Ashleigh Brewer in the current TV week magazine in it they say that Ashleigh is back to filming on Bold snd the Beautiful 

That's good news as That was her plan to live in the states and work like Margot............Sadly I doubt that interview will make her Devoted fan ever give up her fantasy that she and the guy on the show will reunite!

I posted my opinion on the TV WEEK site I do not know if she will reply? another fan did negative 

Im sure she will not like my advice it as she didn't in the past?

Over the years I come to accept things are not as they are.  When I read "Only official fan page" and knowing from a source on the set they didn't want that???

Sad for everyone her, the actors the show!

So, Paige at uni.Could be an interesting idea but at the moment all we've had is one of those bog standard "new student turns the tables on snobby classmates" episodes and her weirdly attempting to bully Sonya over some environmental issue.She really needed more of a comeuppance for that, instead we get Sonya making a throwaway comment about keeping the trees that has me going "Huh?" and predicting someone thinks that's a resolution.I was very surprised Sonya won the election and am left wondering if the writers actually know where they're going with this, although Aaron as her assistant is a potentially interesting idea.

I still haven't warmed to Piper and Xanthe that much.It seems like we get an episode where one or both of them starts to be bearable, then they're back to being brats.I was very surprised at them teasing Imogen and Tyler.I actually wouldn't mind them together but not if it's just going to get teased a bit and then she gets stuck back with Daniel.

Despite involving a lot of characters I'm not keen on, Doug's storyline is managing to be fairly affecting, with his fear at his decline being palpable.Still not too happy with Steph's attitude and trying to turn Max into the villain of the piece is just going to get the backs of long-term viewers up.She's having a laugh if she thinks she can make Max's chequered history look worse than hers.

2 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

So, Paige at uni.Could be an interesting idea but at the moment all we've had is one of those bog standard "new student turns the tables on snobby classmates" episodes and her weirdly attempting to bully Sonya over some environmental issue.She really needed more of a comeuppance for that, instead we get Sonya making a throwaway comment about keeping the trees that has me going "Huh?" and predicting someone thinks that's a resolution.I was very surprised Sonya won the election and am left wondering if the writers actually know where they're going with this, although Aaron as her assistant is a potentially interesting idea.

I still haven't warmed to Piper and Xanthe that much.It seems like we get an episode where one or both of them starts to be bearable, then they're back to being brats.I was very surprised at them teasing Imogen and Tyler.I actually wouldn't mind them together but not if it's just going to get teased a bit and then she gets stuck back with Daniel.

Despite involving a lot of characters I'm not keen on, Doug's storyline is managing to be fairly affecting, with his fear at his decline being palpable.Still not too happy with Steph's attitude and trying to turn Max into the villain of the piece is just going to get the backs of long-term viewers up.She's having a laugh if she thinks she can make Max's chequered history look worse than hers.

So they want to make Steph a bad person  after trying to show how she trying to put her life back together now you see why I disappointed as they did that to others?

Archived