UK Episode Discussion

Skykat

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2015 at 11:22 PM, dncllpyk said:

Now that UK will be getting Neighbours the same day as Australia starting on Monday they won't be too far behind Australia at all. I can't wait until the new season starts

There is this person on Facebook who has a few accounts who thinks Kate is coming back. That her death was fake and that Kate is in witness protection. I know in soapie land sometimes people don't stay dead. But honestly I think Kate is really dead lots of people though Dee was coming back after she died in 2003 including me and she hasn't come back. So I don't think Kate will be coming back especially now that Ashleigh Brewer has found success in America

Hello, Been awhile since I been here and talking to some mates Down Under recently I am aware of what is going on.

I know of whom you discussing here I even talked to her years ago when I was on the N forums. Its a sad case and although she in the wrong I feel the show and actor making comments like "never say never" and teasing they come back lead to this.

Sadly the actress in question take leave from her job here in the states and that give a false hope she return to Australia. The Fan in London as you said still BELIEVES one day that character will return? I was told by others the UK fan been banned from sites  and OMG she wanted to come to the USA and "Hypnotize" The actress and make her return to neighbours WOW that should have got the authorizes notified. The actress like many other jumped at the chance to work in the USA and although I agree the show made a terrible call letting a lot of talent leave its the actors life to choose their what they do.......I told the British Fan to be happy for her and accept her new role in the USA and she went on about how the actress should be back Down Under! So she deleted me and I gave up trying to help.

The Mate told me one reason the actress want killed off was because of the online harassment from that fan! I'm disapointed when shows are cancelled and Characters leave yet I understand those things are out of our control as fans. Sadly Gill That's her name she never going to accept the breakup for her favs........I fear things will get worse and the show or actor will end up taking legal action? I seen here in American on the US soap she on Her character had an issue with another character and took restraining order so I wonder if that was a message to the UK fan?

I recently watched both N and H&A the current people and my feelings is Neighbours better people yet Summer Bay better location who can beat the beach!!!

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, dncllpyk said:

She deletes or bullies anyone on Facebook who disagrees with her. I've noticed she has been quiet for a while. A Neighbours page posted a post over the weekend stating that Kate is not returning to Neighbours. 

Yes others have told me the same......I'm shocked she allowed anywhere near a site?

I'm not a fan of the actor although I heard she and most of the cast are good and she VERY popular here in America of course next to Margot Robbie so It would be foolish for them to return to Australia unless they are homesick.

Of course I doubt that will convince her even any comment official or not she always believe what she wants to.

Its rare for an actor to comment for more than 2 contracts so its terrible for any fan to lose their hero yet as I always told them look back at the good times and be grateful for what you had. Of course she didn't like that advice.

The person in question is well known to long-term BTTB members, I had to ban her a few years back after a lot of troublemaking. Back in those days it was Jack and Belle who were supposedly in witness protection - and not even statements from those who worked on the show, which I got solely as an attempt to shut her up, would convince her otherwise. Her obsession with Kate, and stalking around Twitter 'correcting' people who mention anything about Neighbours, is something else though.

21 minutes ago, Dan F said:

The person in question is well known to long-term BTTB members, I had to ban her a few years back after a lot of troublemaking. Back in those days it was Jack and Belle who were supposedly in witness protection - and not even statements from those who worked on the show, which I got solely as an attempt to shut her up, would convince her otherwise. Her obsession with Kate, and stalking around Twitter 'correcting' people who mention anything about Neighbours, is something else though.

Yes I talked to her years ago when I was on N forums and she lost it when her favs left. YES even the actress told her she didn't want to come back............I was sadden to see good people I liked leave the show yet I knew people in Sydney and Melbounre who TALKED to the actors and I knew the REAL reason they left and unlike the UK fan I'm willing to accept they left for other things. Many moved on to other work and if the Brit girl was a true fan she would accept the actress  decision and should be happy and support her American job yet she wants her to go back to Ramset Street. I'm shocked legal action hasn't been taken as I heard rumors the police was going to be called? She not the only actor to leave Neighbours because of the fans! Totally sad.

She also reckons people have seen the Brennan brothers filming with a baby on the set and that Kate was pregnant. Another lie which has been confirmed untrue on facebook and that the only child on set is Scarlett Anderson who plays Nell Rebecchi

Edit about 2 hours ago Neighbours fanatics  (Gill) posted a comment on a post on the TV week facebook page about how immature Paige is and Mark and Kate all the way 

3 hours ago, dncllpyk said:

She also reckons people have seen the Brennan brothers filming with a baby on the set and that Kate was pregnant. Another lie which has been confirmed untrue on facebook and that the only child on set is Scarlett Anderson who plays Nell Rebecchi

Edit about 2 hours ago Neighbours fanatics  (Gill) posted a comment on a post on the TV week facebook page about how immature Paige is and Mark and Kate all the way 

Well many fans agree with her they don't like the new actress and couple which gives her a false hope they wont last?

I worry about people who say I heard from someone on the set and so on? I lost friends in Melbounre as about 5 years ago they really shut people up ( After the bridget leak ) talking behind the scenes so most of my news comes from Sydney now? I wonder whom she getting her info from?

Interestingly they've changed the intro to have a small scene at the start just after the recap before going into the beginning credits.

I've actually really enjoyed Paul now that he's at the bottom trying to work his way back to the top again.  I love the fact that a lot of things that happen come back to him.  And also it doesn't matter what he does it very rarely goes against him.  I said before that what he did to Steph was disgusting.  But I found it funny how many people knew about it but nobody wanted to mention anything to Amy.  Then when she did find out she goes back to forgiving Paul anyway after virtually disowning him.  Even Lyn doesn't seem as angry with him as what she should be almost like nothing happened.  I've enjoyed seeing the lengths Paul has gone to to trying to raise capital to buy the motel - Trying to seduce Lyn, trying to talk Steph into investing and using Doug's condition to manipulate him into giving Paul a cheque for $20000.  Now that Steph's decided to invest I hope Paul, rips Doug's cheque up.  Although he will still probably want to use the money anyway.  At the very least he should be giving Doug the profit and not even thinking about stealing his money.  I did find it quite interesting how he decided not to go into business with Dimato even though it would have solved all him problems.  I would have thought he was adopting the philosophy beggars can't be choosers.  But I think it was a business decision more than moral one.  He doesn't want to be in permanent debt to a known criminal especially given Paul has a criminal record himself and has to do everything above board from now on.  I would have preferred if Paul actually didn't help Paige because whilst I disliked Dimato and Michelle, I quite like the fact they were setting her up and I would have liked to seen her and Lauren get into trouble.  However I did like the scenes with Paul and Paige and the way he was effectively mentoring her using his experience with dodgy dealings.  I liked the motivational talk with Steph and the way it impressed her to the point of investing.  I think that she recognised that irrespective of what she thinks of Paul as a person, he's a sound and astute businessman.  I especially liked his line - "You have to be ruthless, focused and determined".

I've made my feelings clear about Mother Theresa and Brad and I do not like this relationship one bit.  I also don't like the fact that almost everybody else has now accepted it and you have people like Josh who is actually happy for them and judging by his expression when he saw them just before they reunited believes they belong together.  I don't like the way the show has made out that because they were this power couple of the past that Lauren can sleep with somebody else's husband but just because she is calm and pleasant natured and empathetic to someone who was supposed to be her mate (who she screwed over) that it's acceptable.  I don't accept them but accept there's really nothing that anybody can do about it and if they are in love and want to be together then they will be together and people can't stay made at them permanently.

I don't normally condone violence but I have to admit I was almost in stitches after Nate beat Dimato up.  Unlike Kyle from H & A at least Nate was prepared to go to the police and turn himself in although he backed off because Dimato threatened Karl and Susan initially.  I don't think it would have mattered anyway because it would have required Dimato to press charges.  I actually hope Nate does come back soon because I actually quite like him and I like the relationship he has with the Kennedys.

I don't like Xanthe.  I don't think she has much depth to her and find her highly annoying.  The way she tried to run off without paying for the food initially, throwing a party at somebody else's house trying rip people off and opening Kyle's letter from Georgia.  When she first came I was hoping she was a guest character but it doesn't look like it.  I do think Kyle should read Georgia's letter anyway.  I think he's worried that she does want to get back together and is not sure how he feels about it.

I do actually really like Piper.  It started after the fire when everybody turned on her which made me feel sorry for her.  I think she's feisty headstrong but also impulsive and extremely reckless.  I was shaking my head when she uploaded the video of Tim Collins and Courtney to her blog because I knew straight away Courtney was Tim's daughter just looking at their interaction (although it was surprise).  I also don't like the fact that she deliberately went against Sonia's wishes and did it purely because she couldn't handle Tyler and Courtney being together.  She has been extremely fortunate only having to make an apology in a newspaper considering the damage that she's done.  I did really like the scene with her and Courtney the way Courtney empathised with her and respected the fact Piper was honest.  I am hoping for something to happen with Tyler and Piper at some point although I do quite like Courtney (putting aside the fact that she's hot, I really like her personality) so am happy for her and Tyler to stay together at least for now if it means Courtney sticks around for the time being.  At the moment you would say a romance between Piper and Tyler is pretty unlikely anyway now that he wants nothing more to do with her but I have to ask myself it that's the case why have the writers made such a big thing about it.

Not sure what to make of Tim running for Major.  I think he could actually end up being worse than Paul in terms of doing what's best for the ordinary person.  I did like the way after being faithful to Paul for years Tim effectively turned on him.  I'm not sure Sonia would make a good Major either as she would be too idealistic.

As I mentioned above whilst I wasn't entirely happy that Paige got out of being set up and she hasn't been as annoying as of late, after the smug expression on her face when Lauren announced Brad was moving back in I was absolutely delighted her big day was ruined.  And how beautiful that her fiance turned up and was the one to arrest her in front of everybody right before she was about to marry him.  Her humiliation was wonderful and it's been a long time coming.  Interestingly she decided to run off with Mary (someone who she completely ditched once she found her real family).  With any luck she won't be back from Singapore anytime soon.

As I not into the show much anymore except for being told what is going on. my complaints are although I have nothing against the new people lt is like watching H&A  recently interesting but I cant get into the story or people.

Paul and Steph friends? I guess the trial  been forgotten...........I really wished behind the scene the replacement idea for Elle had worked and sadly as another fan told me that actor moved on and the Paul  ended up working other storylines with other characters?

Good on any actor wanting to come back. I'm sure any would be welcomed. Unlike a UK fan I wont go overboard wanting someone to come back. I would have liked some to come back yet I heard things which has ruined that and although they are rumors that They  could I really don't put faith into that. as I read things that had made me question some stories I hear back a few years ago.

What I read about the Mark character sadly only going to make devoted fans think someone else is coming back? That actor need to return to her other show ASAP to put to rest that rumor. I was told many new actors only want to spend a short time and them move on to BIGGER things (USA). I don't blame people for wanting to be Hotties. At least they are willing sadly some actors cant stand that and one reason someone left!!!!!!! Thankfully  I think the show has learned its mistakes and knows whom to cast in the future.

I agree with a Bloke in Perth I would rather see new talent get a chance and try to let the past people stay there unless they were willing to return. I really don't have a fav anymore and feel sorry for many yet they as I been told moved on and I guess that the advantage of having inside info you can accept things.

Archived