UK Episode Discussion

Skykat

10 hours ago, j.laur5 said:

I really wish that PTB didn't bring Steph back Her character just does not fit in anymore!.

I find it so amusing she fits back in after the trial..........How she can get along after some including Paul went after her. I guess that's they way soap actors work?

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got a lot of sympathy for Angus.I think Sarah's done wrong in dumping him on Karl and Susan and not telling him she's ill, it's just made him feel abandoned.Especially since the only reason he's staying with them instead of someone he actually knows is so he can be in Neighbours.Ben was less than welcoming even before he took the money, but seems to have perked up a bit since.

I have no idea who caused the explosion, even though they seem to be eliminating suspects all over the place.I'm hoping it's not Ned, and there's going to be some resolution to the conflict with Brad (who continues to behave pretty badly towards him) other than him either deciding he was wrong and Brad's wonderful or being exposed as a villain so it doesn't matter that he doesn't like Brad.I don't want it to be John either, and his amnesia does seem to be genuine.

It feels like the show doesn't know what to do with Xanthe.The character's all over the place, switching from vulnerable and insecure to shallow and self-absorbed almost at random. It continues to make her difficult to warm to.

On 4/30/2016 at 7:31 PM, Red Ranger 1 said:

I don't know if it's still on there but apparently at one point it was on My5 listed as Neighbours:Who Dies?, which you had to hunt around for.Just to confuse matters, it was broadcast in Australia as the first half of a double-length 7337.

Thanks.

On 5/1/2016 at 3:52 AM, j.laur5 said:

I really wish that PTB didn't bring Steph back Her character just does not fit in anymore!.

That's debatable IMO.  Whilst Sonia was initially jealous of her friendship with Toadie, she and Steph get on quite well now.  As just mentioned Steph and Toadie are close (he seems to trust her more than his own wife).  She's going out with Brennan.  Carl has always been sympathetic towards her.  In fact she seems to get on OK with just about all the male characters.  Even Paul despite what he did to her.  Paige was hugely jealous of her and Mark initially but ended up giving her advice to help their relationship.  She didn't fit in when she first came back but I personally think she gels very nicely with most of the other characters now.

I was hoping that Tom Quill was responsible so it would get Paul off the hook but the fact that Jacka framed Paul means either he or an associate was involved in the explosion.  The only motive that springs to mind is payback for Steph reporting him to Mark.  But then why would he frame Paul?  Interesting that Ned knows him.  No doubt links to his criminal past or even present.

I'm glad Ned's decided to continue with his plan to get payback re Brad.  I have to admit I do actually think Ned and Lauren have chemistry.  I hope he does try it on with her and something happens.  It will be worth it if it stuffs up Brad and Lauren's relationship.

Very little Piper/Tyler interaction this week although they did glance at each other.  Tyler is clearly into her now but presumably Piper just can't switch off her feelings and still likes him.

I'm almost always against Sheila but this time I was on her side when she slapped one of the girls who was bullying Xanthe across the face although I don't mind the fact that it's backfired on her.

I was continuing to enjoy seeing Paige get jealous of John Doe and Amy although it appears as though her persistence in trying to help him (for purely selfish reasons) may have finally paid off.

Can't stand Angus.  I agree with Ben that he's a tool.  I know the money wasn't Ben's to take but it still annoyed me the way Angus helped himself to it, bought himself a pair of new trainers and was gloating about it.  I actually didn't mind having Sarah around and quite enjoyed the stuff with Susan so hopefully she can get treatment at the clinic in Germany.  Just a shame Angus has to stick around.

I can explain Steph behavior. 1st Carla back as a regular and she willing to be a team player and support the show. That's to be commended. Although not a fan its great she willing to say Ok write me as everyone BFF and have me interact with all!

Be nice if other actors had that attitude.

You think they be more dislike toward her given she was responsible for another character demise? Let say I'm not a fan of storyline that caused her and others to leave.

I really like the Angus and Sarah stuff she was I guess wrong to drop him on Karl and Susan but I guess it was there way of introducing a new character I really didn't think I'd like him but I think he's actually quite a good character pretty funny and I love the stuff with him and Ben a reminder of the H&A early years, I get the feeling he's also harbouring insecurities about not being wanted, I think him and Xanthe with be good for each other.

The Xanthe stuff is pretty good writing Im enjoying seeing her struggles to get into modeling and to being liked and accepted for who she is Im sure many girls go through the same thing and many lads at some stage so Im sure people are connecting with her on her journey.

The John stuff is intriguing and Im enjoying him and Paige work out who he is I think the warning signs are there to turn him into some bad guy character but Im hoping they don't, I still feel myself wanting to shout at the TV his name's spencer and he lives in summer Bay (If only)

I'm sort of liking Angus, possibly more than I should.He's a troublemaker but I don't think he's "bad" exactly.I've also found myself warming towards Xanthe at last:She's still somewhat shallow but she's managed to hit the right note of vulnerability at last (although the theft of the money remains an unresolved awkwardness).In fact, I've found myself most disliking Ben, who objectively may have good reasons for hating Angus but is still coming across as a colossal jerk.He'd probably be good for Xanthe but the fact that he only seemed to like her when Angus did doesn't help matters.It was good that Angus shut things down with Xanthe on realising she was with him for the wrong reasons.

So, Ned seems to have been cleared of the explosion, which I'm glad about.I'm also hoping John is innocent, despite his friend running away from the police, although it's hard to see how this amnesia storyline can have an ending that isn't an anti-climax.We know that Jacka framed Paul in conjunction with someone else (I don't think it's Ned, the attempts to show they know each other are so unsubtle they have to be a red herring), but most of the credible suspects don't seem the type who'd work with him, leaving me wondering if the explosion and Paul's framing are the result of different parties.Of course, now Terese is helping with the latter, having sunk to Paul's level.

After the Fake Walter storyline of a few years ago, we now get Real Walter.I've not been too happy with Toadie, he's lied to Sonya for no good reason and now seems to be trying to put the blame on Walter. Walter's essentially likable, although I'm not sure about him hooking up with Terese.

I absolutely loved the way Paul got into Piper's head.  Before she interviewed him she was set to go in all guns blazing and berate him for killing Josh and Doug.  But after the interview not only did she doubt his guilt but was actually fighting his corner.  Paul also did well to manipulate Aaron into taking up the PR campaign for him in the first place.  At the moment I'm reserving judgment on Terese paying Cecilia to claim Paul fessed up to causing the explosion.  Regardless, when the truth comes out, she is going to be in really serious trouble.  Whilst I enjoyed Paul manipulating Piper at the start I'm not sure I liked the way Paul has been made out the be the victim later on in the week i.e. Nate accidentally hitting him with his car, Paul telling Amy not to waste any time and his whole throwing in the towel attitude.  I prefer him when he focused, determined and refuses to give up without a fight.  Regardless it's obvious this is a precursor for total vindication.

I was totally hating on Angus up till Friday's episode.  A lot of the things he was doing seemed to be purely to wind Ben up.  But after he finished with Xanthe and fessed up to starting the fire alarm I'm not so sure now.  I still find that accent of his annoying and there's a small part of me that thinks it's an act but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

The stuff with Paige and John Doe is kind of flat although I found it interesting Paige was telling Mark to stay out of their relationship a couple of weeks ago and then she asks him advice about what to do regarding her feelings for him.  I suppose it's good they can still be friends.  Part of me is hoping Paige and John get together only to find out he's a master criminal or something like that.  There was one scene where John and Paige went to meet up with a guy who was in a photo with John and the guy ran off when he saw Mark but I don't think that's actually proof John has criminal connections.

Continuing to enjoy seeing Ned attempt to cause trouble with Brad and Lauren.  I do think he and Lauren have good chemistry and really hope he makes a move on her.  Even if she doesn't reciprocate it, it will be worth it to see her look and feel uncomfortable and once again being faced with a dilemma whether or not to tell Brad.

Im enjoying the John and Paige stuff can't wait  to find out who he is

I can't believe Xanthethinks she needs a boob job she dosent her breasts are fine they way the are. Ben only realising he like Xanthe as more than a friend when Angus takes an interest in her. 

I want to know who caused the explosion I just hope they don't drag it as long as did with who shot Charlotte? On Home and Away 

5 hours ago, dncllpyk said:

Im enjoying the John and Paige stuff can't wait  to find out who he is

I can't believe Xanthethinks she needs a boob job she dosent her breasts are fine they way the are. Ben only realising he like Xanthe as more than a friend when Angus takes an interest in her. 

I want to know who caused the explosion I just hope they don't drag it as long as did with who shot Charlotte? On Home and Away 

Sadly for many girls into Modeling they feel that way. It OK to like a girl as a friend I only wish that unfortunately some take it the wrong way.

OMG IF I was writing How I could wrap it up with Paul and bring back someone?

Archived