Support Group

Dan F

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with what everyone else has said, Seriously dont let them get to you I know easier said than done but they are just jealous, and well what the hell if they dont stop give us all a shout and we'll come round and sort them out for ya! (not that i condone violence) but sometimes a bit of their own medicine helps ;).

Just keep your chin up girl your worth a million of them altogether

xx

• 3 weeks later...

This is more a request for indirect support but my best friend has just been told that her Dad has about a year left to live. He's been diagnosed with bowel cancer which has spread to his liver and lungs and it's been a really fast detioration already.

I'm just trying to be there for her as much as possible because she feels she always has to stay positive with her family and she's finding the whole thing so emotionally and physically draining. I was just wondering if anyone has gone through a smiliar situation and has any advice about what I can do to make it at all easier for her. Even if you haven't been through it, any advice at all would be great. They are the best people and it is heartbreaking to see this happening to their family.

This is more a request for indirect support but my best friend has just been told that her Dad has about a year left to live. He's been diagnosed with bowel cancer which has spread to his liver and lungs and it's been a really fast detioration already.

I'm just trying to be there for her as much as possible because she feels she always has to stay positive with her family and she's finding the whole thing so emotionally and physically draining. I was just wondering if anyone has gone through a smiliar situation and has any advice about what I can do to make it at all easier for her. Even if you haven't been through it, any advice at all would be great. They are the best people and it is heartbreaking to see this happening to their family.

My niece has leukeamia well had it, she is in remission but the best thing you can do is not to tell her you are there for her but just be there whenever she needs you and trust me it helps. :)

I'm sorry to hear that. My dad had bowel cancer, too, and he died after three years of battling it. Honestly, it's not going to be easy, and you can't make it 'easier' because the only way something like gets 'easier' is if the person gets better, and in this case it doesn't sound like it. Knowing that she has a great friend around like you will help, it means she has a person to cry or open up to that is not necessarily feeling the same things and she or the rest of her family are going through, so she won't always have to feel that she has to be positive around you- hopefully. I bottled a lot of my emotions up, which was probably a bad thing to do, but when I did let loose it was great that my friends were there for me. And don't worry if you don't know what you should say to her- she will understand.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to double post, but man, I feel craptacular.

I should stop writing depressing fics...I don't really think it's helping. But it feels good. It feels good to write some that's depressing me? That's slightly strange.

Argh...I'm sick of being the person that I am. I wish I was better. I wish...things were different.

I have to stop thinking. When I think...everything gets to me.

I don't even have any reason to feel like this- people have to so much worse off than me. But I can't help it.

*sigh* Please feel free to ignore my ranting.

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling depressed. And I've just realised that I never thanked you for replying to my post about a month ago. Sorry about your Dad and thank you for your advice. You're right, nothing's going to make it easier but I think she knows I'm just there if she needs me.

I do the same thing, if I'm depressed I listen to incredibly depressing music. Sometimes it's good to wallow - but not for too long!

And don't feel bad for having a down day. If you looked hard enough there's always someone that has it worse off than you, doesn't mean you're not allowed to feel rubbish for what's going on in your life. There's always going to be someone that has it better than you. Just let yourself be unhappy for yourself but then try and do something to cheer yourself up. Ring a friend, watch a funny film, just make yourself laugh. Life's too short to waste it being unhappy.

Sorry for the crap advice, please feel free to completely ignore me.

Archived