Support Group

Dan F

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sounds like things sorted themselves out for you Katie. I'm glad you're happy. do you need qualifications for day care and such?

Yeah, there's stuff that I have to do beforehand, but at the moment I'm just looking into it and what I have to do. You don't really need qualifications but I think having your own child would count for something. I probably won't set it up until next year.

Why is it I finally identify myself as a lesbian (...95% anyway :wink: ) and now I have, I'm noticing men even more than I have done ever.

Anyone want to try and explain? :(

Maybe because you have decided your a lesbian, you subconsciously think you can't 'have' men. Might be the whole the 'grass is greener'. You know, people want what they can't have. Mmm, I really don't know. Sorry I can't help much.

noticing men as in there seem to be more around or as in "there goes a cute man" kinda way?

As in 'check out the ass on that dude...' kinda way? :unsure:

Maybe because you have decided your a lesbian, you subconsciously think you can't 'have' men. Might be the whole the 'grass is greener'. You know, people want what they can't have. Mmm, I really don't know. Sorry I can't help much.

Perhaps this is the case.

And to make things more confusing... my Aunt and Uncle (of many uncles and aunts :lol: ) came round yesterday and sister told them she was now engaged. The next sentence to come out after the congratulations? It will be my turn next to get married. Should have turned round and said can two women get married in the UK <_<

As in 'check out the ass on that dude...' kinda way?

If it makes you feel any better, I do that with both men and woman (and I'm straight as far as I know) so I'm sure it's not a bad thing. :wink::P

But seriously, I think I agree with Katie. Maybe your just noticing men more now that you have decided your a lesbian, which is probably fairly normal (My friend is bisexual, but she's more of a lesbian she's said herself and she notices men more now, so I recon it's just a thing....)

Okay, I make no sense whatsoever :unsure:

Apologies for the upcoming rant, but a problem shared etc...

I'm having big problems with someone I work with. This person is quite a lot older than me (the same age as my mum) and is I someone I thought I got on well with, but I've recently discovered that she's been talking about me behind my back, bitching about my work and about more personal things as well. She's someone that I have to work very closely with on a daily basis and is a very popular and influential person at my workplace, so it kind of feels like I'm back at school being picked on by the popular girl! I don't know what I've done to offend her so much and have no idea how to handle it. I haven't had chance to speak to her about it but because she's such a feisty, opinionated woman I don't really feel like she'd give me a chance anyway.

Any suggestions? :unsure:

That's a tough situation to be in. I was in a similar one a few years ago. The shop I worked at changed owners and before they came this older woman (older enough to be my mother) used to be Assistant Manager. But when the new owners came, she was demoted. One of the owners started to get me to do managerial stuff - rosters, pays etc and this lady started getting jealous and giving me a hard time. I'm sure she was bitching about me behind my back and pushed me so hard, I didn't want to go to work anymore. She was so mean, she reduced me to tears. We used to be really good friends before all of it happened. Things got so bad, she ended up leaving. She never got along with the new owners because they never really wanted her in the first place.

I just kept my head down through it all and never retaliated. But I really wished I had confronted her about it and I think that's what you need to do. Talk to her about it, you don't have to be all confrontational. Otherwise things are just going to get worse.

i am in the exact same situation. I have problems with someone at work who is the same age as my mother. i've been here for nearly three years and every 4-6 months she goes to my boss to complain about me for various reasons. As yet the bosses have never agreed with her and don't see where she is comign from, aside from the fact that she's had issues with every person who's held my position before me.

So, my advice. Stay calm, if you want to cry about it, either go to the loos or do it at home (don't do it at your desk like the woman at my work does). Firstly try speaking to her. Don't make accusations that you can't back up but say that maybe you feel like she has a problem with you and you'd like to sort it out. If she's bitching about personal things then you need to be careful what you tell her, but also next time she asks you anything personal, tell her that you'd prefer not to discuss personal issues with work collegues.

If it gets really bad, go to your line manager. It's their job to deal with this kind of thing (mine's great).

If you want to talk more with me (seeing as i know exactly what you're going through) feel free to PM me.

But most importantly, keep smiling, at the end of the day it's a work collegue not a friend. :)

Stupid Queensland Government. That apprenticeship that I didn't get. Well I just got a call from the nurse to book in for my medical. She received an email from the Careers section telling her to book these people in for a medical exam. She must have thought I was the dumbest person cause I was like, uh I wasn't successful because I didn't pass one of the tests. So she called the Careers section to find out what the hell was going on and it turns out I was successful in getting the apprenticeship and has no idea why I was sent that letter. I never even got a phone call or anything, which I thought they would for the peeps who were successful.

This is just great. Just when I decided I was glad I didn't get it and planned out what I wanted to do, this comes up. Now I'm all confused again and things aren't exactly giong great for me at the moment. I don't want to say no, because it's a good opportunity, but then all those reasons why I didn't want to do it still stand. My life is so messed up right now, it's not funny. I just want to crawl into a hole and go to sleep and wake up next year.

Archived