Support Group

Dan F

I really don't know why I am posting this, I just feel so blahhh about the whole thing. About two weeks, I took a bad pain in my chest, I was diagnosed with Costochronditis (just inflamation between lungs and bone, nothing serious). Anyway I went to hospital and had to wait three hours to be seen, but thats all sorted. (Thats not my problem)

A few days ago I discovered my finger was infected, again this is no big deal. But by this stage my mum was a bit sick of hearing me complain about things.

So here's my real problem:

Ages ago, I found a small lump behind my jaw, where the Lymph nodes are. I didn't worry too much, thought it was just one of those things but lately it has become quite painful, and bigger. I mentioned it to my mum but of course she says I am turning into a hypochondriac, and I see her point, I am always complaining. I am just worried because I have heard so much about Lymphoma and I am sure it's not it but I am just worried. I have looked online and everything but I just can't find anything to put my mind at rest.

Doctor. Now. Better to get it checked sooner rather than later. Did you mention to your mum that you think it may be Lymphoma? It's a serious matter. If she doesn't believe you, then go to the local GP or doctor on your own and explain what you think it might be. It may be sneaky, but you need to get that checked.

And I hope everything is OK. :)

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my parents are drama queens sometimes. If I were to tell them about my ingrown toenail, they'd freak out. Heck, they think I need to see a doc I have a nap during the afternoon for petes sake :rolleyes:

If I have a stomach ache, it's bad, If I get a small cut, its bad, if I take a nap, it's bad.

^^The only way you can really put your mind at rest is to go and have the lump checked out by a doctor. I can understand you not wanting your mum to complain again but wouldn't you rather be safer than sorry?

Go and see the doctor as soon as possible. I'm sure that the sooner you see someone the sooner you can stop worrying about this. I hope everything goes well.

Doctor. Now. Better to get it checked sooner rather than later. Did you mention to your mum that you think it may be Lymphoma? It's a serious matter. If she doesn't believe you, then go to the local GP or doctor on your own and explain what you think it might be. It may be sneaky, but you need to get that checked.

Thanks guys, I talked to my mum again, and asked her to feel my neck, she can't feel anything but I asked a few of my friends and they can. So I am going to make an appointment tomorrow *fingers crossed*

EDIT: Appointment on Thursday, I am really nervous but I think I have convinced myself its not too serious, I just hope I am right.

^^The only way you can really put your mind at rest is to go and have the lump checked out by a doctor. I can understand you not wanting your mum to complain again but wouldn't you rather be safer than sorry?

Go and see the doctor as soon as possible. I'm sure that the sooner you see someone the sooner you can stop worrying about this. I hope everything goes well.

Thanks guys, I talked to my mum again, and asked her to feel my neck, she can't feel anything but I asked a few of my friends and they can. So I am going to make an appointment tomorrow *fingers crossed*

EDIT: Appointment on Thursday, I am really nervous but I think I have convinced myself its not too serious, I just hope I am right.

^^Good on ya for making that appointment. I'll keep my fingers crossed that everything's ok. :)

My appeal is happening on Friday. Me against 3 doctors to see if I really am fit to work or if I am completely crazy.

At least I will have my Mum with me and a representative who has got a lot of evidence together to support me.

I'm scared though :(

Good luck. I don't really have any advice for you but I hope it works out for you :) *hugs*

Good Luck ^^^

Went, the doctor wasn't sure so he took blood to test for three things, dunno what they were though. Could be up to a week before I know.

Good Luck ^^^

Went, the doctor wasn't sure so he took blood to test for three things, dunno what they were though. Could be up to a week before I know.

You'll know for sure soon. Still keeping my fingers crossed for you. :)

My appeal is happening on Friday. Me against 3 doctors to see if I really am fit to work or if I am completely crazy.

At least I will have my Mum with me and a representative who has got a lot of evidence together to support me.

I'm scared though :(

Good luck :)

Archived