Support Group

Dan F

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with Jem, that is a long time. You think they wouldn't make you wait that long.

When I first went to see a doctor about my agoraphobia I was told I'd have to wait up to a year to see a therapist unless I went private. Needless to say, I went private! But it costs me £15 for each half hour session, which is incredibly unfair considering that my condition is an illness like any other. <_<

I live in the country, so the only one that comes here that is covered under medicare is her. She comes here every 3 weeks. It's not just my town she covers on her trip, I think there's 3. We need more out here.

Okay, well yesterday we got back from Florida to find me school report. It wasn't... great. My Mom says it's grand but I can tell she thinks I'm a stupid loser. She looks down on me now. Kat and everyone are telling me it's fine but... well... look for yourself.

Business Studies - Higher Level - C2 - 60% - Jade is a helpful co-operative student who is a pleasure to teach. (Bit of a disappointment considering I got an A1 at Christmas.)

CSPE - No Level - B2 - 72% - Jade is a helpful co-operative student who is a pleasure to teach. (It was just based on a class test. He asked weird questions.)

English - No Level - C1 - 65% - Jade has worked well this term. (I was a bit disappointed, I thought I did really well on my story. But in my essays she always underlines my big words with a red pen and a question mark, something that really frustrates me. She did it to Kat too :P)

Geography - Higher Level - *cough* E - 34% - Steady and accurate revision is required, she needs to learn material thoroughly. (I don't really like rocks but... I thought I had done alright.)

History - Higher Level - B1 - 82% - She has worked well this term. (Really pleased with this. My best grade, excluding art.)

Home Economics - Higher level - D1 - 51% - She has the potential to improve this grade. (duh, i know that. I don't get your stupid crap. I'm so dropping it. Then I'll have a normal timetable. *I take Art too like an extra class*.)

Irish - Higher level - F - 21% - Grammar, Spelling, and Written Expression are weak. She must correct and learn from past mistakes. (You b*tch! It's your fault! She knows I have severe dyslexia and didn't do Irish in National! It was her fault she never bothered to help and gave me detention because I didn't understand the f*cking homework!)

Italian - Higher level - B2 - 75% - She is an enthusiastic and interested student. (Thank you. And the only reason I lost marks was I missed my Aural cos I was sick. the Aural was 15%... Ohh! I must have got 90% on my written! WOOHOO! I think...)

Mathematics - Higher Level - B3 - 72% - Jade is a helpful co-operative student who is a pleasure to teach.

PE - She does not participate fully in class. (Hmm... yeah, about that... *blinks innocently*)

RE - Jade is a helpful co-operative student who is a pleasure to teach. (Yup. Although I forget most of the stuff we learnt...)

Science - No level - D3 - 44 - Steady and accurate revision is required, she needs to learn material thoroughly.

Oh, sod it. After typing this up, it's not that bad. But... it's not great. I don't know why I'm in here. I just... It's my mom. That's all. She's like not talking to me. I think I did quite well for someone who missed a lot of Primary due to travel and a lot of secondary due to sickness AND has learning disabilities. And it's not my fault I don't understand Irish. Of course not.

^^ Hey don't worry about it. It's one report card out of how many? Just because you don't do as well as you want to doesn't mean it's the end of the world and doesn't mean you won't be successful. If you're really worried and you want to do better, why don't you ask your teachers and parents for help?

And your Mum doesn't think you're a loser, nor does she look down on you. She is your mother and loves you no matter what.

I live in the country, so the only one that comes here that is covered under medicare is her. She comes here every 3 weeks. It's not just my town she covers on her trip, I think there's 3. We need more out here.

Have you looked into counsellors who do therapy over the phone? I have my appointments over the phone as being agoraphobic obviously makes it difficult for me to travel. But as I said, my therapist is private, so it is quite expensive.

Recently, I've got into this cycle of calorie counting, and it's actually driving me insane. I can tell you the calorific value of virtually any food, and I won't eat it if it's over 300. I thought the lack of eating was just down to severe exam stress, but even now they're over it's not back to normal. And, tonight, for example, I went out for a meal and ate a healthy (but didn't finish any of it) amount and I still think I've massively over-indulged. I don't even know why I'm posting this - I guess I'm just scared that it's gonna spin out of control and kinda need reassurance that I'm not going crazy, as I fear I am. :/

I know that probably makes no sense, but it's 00:10 - forgive me!

Urgh, just when life was going great I have the dreaded doubts about my second year subject choices. I had my heart set on Chemistry but now it's coming up to beginning the subject, I don't feel I can cope. The horrible thing is my sister has joined the course and will be doing chemistry, so expects me to do it.

Doesn't help that the timetable has completely shifted. Psych is on Friday instead of Monday, GCSE maths is on a day that has no good subjects for me.

I was going through a box of treasures the other day (stuff that means something to me, or might be worth something some day) and I came across a Peer Support badge from high school. Turns out I'm actually qualified to comment in this thread! :lol:

Archived