Support Group

Dan F

Recently I haven't really been eating much, which is weird for me cause I can normally eat for England! I'm not fat and not too thin and thats what confuses me because I just don't seem to enjoy eating much anymore. Like today i didn't have any breakfast, I have one potato and have a slice of turkey and no pudding for dinner today and I just don't know whats wrong with me. I was sick on Monday and I think its because I'm so hungry and that was why, my stomach couldn't take it anymore. I'm worried because normally I'm so hungry, I don't get too full and don't eat loads and loads but now it seems like a few chips is all I want to eat so do you know what might be wrong with me? Or nothing, just not feeling hungry anymore.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You could be run down or have some sort of virus...and maybe not eating the right things ...becasue that can actully put you off eating...try more fruit and veg...and treat yourself to some chocolate too. ...if you are not feeling better in a day or two then see your GP as that is not normal for you.

At the moment, I'm finding life a bit lonely. I don't have many close friends and I'm single. Sometimes I wish I had a sister to confide in, I'm not particularly close to my Mum. Since finishing school at the end of 2004, I haven't done any study instead I'm stuck in a job at a service station I don't really like. I don't have much energy and I don't go out much.

I've found that when you feel like this the best thing to do is be proactive and change things around. Put a CV together and apply for different jobs; the change will make you look at things differently, it'll open up a whole new circle of friends for you give you different opportunities and you'll probably find you have more energy and want to go out more. Or have you thought about further education - a college course maybe?Another option is to take up a sport or hobby, there's loads and loads of different things you can do, just find something that interests you and have the guts to go for it, it'll give you the opportunity to make new friends, give you something else to think about and probably increase your confidence. If I was you I'd take any opportunity available to meet new people, get new interests or try new things and you might find you'll start enjoying life again.

Thanks for the advice. I'm actually thinking of applying for a few different jobs. :wink:

Working in a service sation would be quite a lonely job I imagine. Try for a job where there are a lot of other people around so you can make some new friends. Also you could try some voluntary work.... thats a good way to meet people and to help others.

You could be run down or have some sort of virus...and maybe not eating the right things ...becasue that can actully put you off eating...try more fruit and veg...and treat yourself to some chocolate too. ...if you are not feeling better in a day or two then see your GP as that is not normal for you.

Thanks for your help, I have eaten alot more today and I feel so much better for it. Chocolate does help, you're right! I treated myself to some Thorntons chocolate and believe me that did help!!! :D

Recently I haven't really been eating much, which is weird for me cause I can normally eat for England! I'm not fat and not too thin and thats what confuses me because I just don't seem to enjoy eating much anymore. Like today i didn't have any breakfast, I have one potato and have a slice of turkey and no pudding for dinner today and I just don't know whats wrong with me. I was sick on Monday and I think its because I'm so hungry and that was why, my stomach couldn't take it anymore. I'm worried because normally I'm so hungry, I don't get too full and don't eat loads and loads but now it seems like a few chips is all I want to eat so do you know what might be wrong with me? Or nothing, just not feeling hungry anymore.

Im confused

hey! I need some help what will you do If a guy likes you , you like him but he is 3 years older and My brother told me that if he tried something with me he is 'killing' him so I have 2 choises

1) playing the trouble teenager and go out with him

2) I be de responseble teenager that is listening to her brother and not to her heart

lovexxheaven

Heavan, It is up too you hun, Your brother may be a tad over protective.

You are young , prehaps easily,intimaded by your brother, sorry to say this he can't tell you what to do.

I don't mean to sound pattronising.

It's easy to play the troubled teen, trust me it's not going to get you anywhere fast.

It's easy to be secretive but why lie, don't do it.

Does the guy in question treat you well, with respect.

Heavan, It is up too you hun, Your brother may be a tad over protective.

You are young , prehaps easily,intimaded by your brother, sorry to say this he can't tell you what to do.

I don't mean to sound pattronising.

It's easy to play the troubled teen, trust me it's not going to get you anywhere fast.

It's easy to be secretive but why lie, don't do it.

Does the guy in question treat you well, with respect.

I agree with most of this.

I can see why from your point of view, the thought of going behind your brother's back is appealing and when I was your age that's probably what I would have done but looking back now with hindsight I realise just how vulnerable I was and that the older people in my life who tried to protect me, had a point.

If I'm right you're fifteen and this guy is eighteen, as you get older age gaps will not seem so significant but as a teenager they are. There are a number of things that at eighteen he can do, ie. drink, smoke, get into clubs and pubs, have sex etc that legally you cannot do and even if you did get with him and everything was perfect, these issues would cause problems. Either you may end up doing things you are not comfortable with and/or not legally old enough to do in order to please him or he will do the things that he is allowed to do and leave you behind which isn't an ideal situation either.

When I was your age a number of my friends went out with older guys and one or two of the relationships really worked BUT most of them failed because the two age groups are incompatible. If I'm completely honest most eighteen year old lads who go for fifteen year old girls, (I'm saying most not all ) are up to no good and not actually interested in the girl at all.

My younger sister is sixteen so I can sympathise with what your brother says although he is a bit extreme in threatening to kill the boy. If this lad really likes you and wants a genuine relationship (that is one where you are equal and not put under pressure to do anything you don't want to do) then he should be prepared to make the effort. He should be willing to meet and talk to your brother, to reassure him (and you) that he is genuine, to be patient and not pressure you and to sacrife certain aspects of his lifestyle in order to be with you. If this boy is not willing to do those things then he is seriously not worth your effort, however attractive he might seem - trust me on this because I've been there and it tends to end with you getting hurt.

At the end of the day it is your choice but the fact that you are asking for advice shows that on some level you accept that your brother has a point. My advice to you is to think long and hard and make sure that you know this boy pretty well and that your family has at least met and spent time with him before you do anything. This isn't a question of being a dutiful sister or a troubled teen but of making a choice that is right for you and one that will not end up with you getting hurt.

Archived