Support Group

Dan F

Anyone got any advice on how to motivate myself to do exercise?

This only really works if you want to exercise because you want to lose weight, but I have a pair of trousers that I never wear, never wash and aren't stretchy, in my "ideal" size. They are substitute for weighing myself, which I hate. I just try them on every couple of weeks to see if I have put on or lost weight. Either way, I find they motivate me, either to keep exercising or start! At the moment they are too tight! Grr. Back to the gym for Emma! :angry:

Otherwise, give yourself treats when you have done some exercise. Like, when I walk into Uni all week instead of getting the bus, I let myself buy a magazine or something with the £2 I would have spent on the bus pass. Just little things to motivate yourself, really. But obviously it's hard to get excited about little things like that, so I guess it only works if you deep down want to get fit or lose weight.

Yer I want to lose weight..lol thats the only reason I'm doing it but I don't like non-team sports...Like I love playing soccer but I hate going to the gym I find it so boring. If I could just play soccer/cricket/footy all day I'd be happy but I can't!

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is quite hard to explain, but I seem to have lost all interest and motivation to do anything. I really don't care anymore. I have been dragging myself into University for my seminars, but missing all my lectures. I can't be bothered anymore. I've suddenly gone from quite an enthusiastic student who usually did all her work to someone who really doesn't care either way. I am tired all the time, that doesn't help, but I have no money so I've pretty much stopped going out in the evenings so it's not that.n I'm just exhausted. And I've always got a headache. I don't feel down especially, not depressed, I just have no interest in anything. I'm going to start getting in trouble as I'm not doing my work. I just can't concentrate to do it.

Any ideas?

This is quite hard to explain, but I seem to have lost all interest and motivation to do anything. I really don't care anymore. I have been dragging myself into University for my seminars, but missing all my lectures. I can't be bothered anymore. I've suddenly gone from quite an enthusiastic student who usually did all her work to someone who really doesn't care either way. I am tired all the time, that doesn't help, but I have no money so I've pretty much stopped going out in the evenings so it's not that.n I'm just exhausted. And I've always got a headache. I don't feel down especially, not depressed, I just have no interest in anything. I'm going to start getting in trouble as I'm not doing my work. I just can't concentrate to do it.

Any ideas?

POssibilities:

1. Seasonal affective diosrder...cure...buy a light box.

2. Depression....see your GP

3. Have you had a cold or flu in the last three months?...could be post viral

4. You could do something active to get yourslef going again....like going to the gym, swimming ewtc....

5. cant think of anynmore....

I would see your GP anyway, it could be something easy to fix.

At the moment, I'm finding life a bit lonely. I don't have many close friends and I'm single. Sometimes I wish I had a sister to confide in, I'm not particularly close to my Mum. Since finishing school at the end of 2004, I haven't done any study instead I'm stuck in a job at a service station I don't really like. I don't have much energy and I don't go out much.

Archived