Support Group

Dan F

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm certainly not the best person to ask about procrastinating! I'm a bad one for it, especially when it comes to essay writing!

Liz, as Hayley says try and get out of the house to clear your head, even if it's only for a walk - though that may not be the best thing to do at this time of year! :rolleyes:

Also try and have a distinct seperation between relaxation and study, if you sit at your desk all the time whilst your studying, don't stay there when you have a break, go and lie on the bed and listen to music or something.

Don't know if thats any help! :lol:

When you're taking a break from studying, do something active. If you're making a cup of tea or something, put some music on in the kitchen and dance around. Going for a walk of having a little bop in your bedroom like Clare said are all good too.

I don't think there is a cure for procrastination. My friend confiscated my Internt cable during the exam revision time in January. She just refused to give it back until I'd done my exams. Didn't help much, I've a genius for finding other things to do... :P

Thanks for the advice, guys!

I think the gym could be good... it should stop me from feeling low when exam stress starts to get me down.

I love dancing around to music when nobody's looking... I should be well practiced! :D

I can't offer much more than the others have.

Bye getting out and doing something e.g walk or gym even go to the pitchure's. what i mean is that by doing this you are seperating yourself from the mind consious of i've got to study! you end up cramming by constanly thing of it .

Do something you enjoy music is one of the best thngs to as it liven's up your mind and spirit. I know this sounds corney but as Hayley said a hot bubble bath with music and candles is a total relaxation and just let your imagination run away with it's self.

Good luck

Daz and Dan this is a great idea by the way. :)

:) I do love bubble baths!

I seem to find it difficult to find a good balance between hard work/stress and relaxation.

It is diffucult i can't strical say as obviously i don't know your daily rounte. btw i'm not asking you to tell us :P:P

Make sure you have done your studing and think postive, i'm going to have time for myself, it's essential that you listen to you gut instinct and have time for no1

Archived