Support Group

Dan F

Your profile says you were 14 in december, that is quite young to be going out with a 17 year old, and I am not surprised your brother is being protective. He obvioul;sy cares about you a lot. What do your parents think? If this 17 year old really cares about you he will meet and talk with your parents and your brother and agree to any rules they set, about times to be home etc...and show you respect. If he asks you to sneak around he isn't worth it, as he is not really showing care or respect. I would suggest you say no to this boy, you are likely to end up with a lot of grief if you say yes.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No offence but what does a 17yr old want with a 14yr old girl?

Exactly.

It is very flattering to be asked out by a 17 year old, and it gives a lot of cred amongst the peer group, but it alwasys ends in grief in my experince. You are asking to be hurt if you say yes. dating at 14 is about learning about yourself, its very rare that you meet the person you are going to live with for ever, despite the messages given out on Soaps like HAA, LOL, you need to go out with guys around your age who are learning about themselves just like you. Friends are more important than anything and he wont want to hang with your mates either. Dont go there is my advice. Big bros is right. I know its annoying as big bothers can be such a pain.

No offence but what does a 17yr old want with a 14yr old girl?

I'm a little mature for my age , all my friends are 17 and 18

Or...they are very immature for their age. :P

I don't know Heaven....you have to do what is right for you at the end of the day, but your brother is right to be wary, just think long and hard and don't whatever you do get pressured into sneaking around or into doing something you are not ready for.

Heaven, I definitely agree with what people are saying about not sneaking around. You are trying to convince your parents and brother that you are mature enough to know your own mind and be with this guy - lying is not the way to do that! Show them you are an adult, and don't get angry if things don't go your way at first. Try to compromise. If they won't, then you have to decide how much you are willing to risk for him. Your brother, your family? Only you know if he's worth that, but if he asks you to do something you're not comfortable with, I would say he's not. If he's willing to go with the rules that your family set down, then go for it! Also, mention to your parents how you feel about your brother saying these things - he loves you, but its not really acceptable for him to make threats and try to control your life. He is not your parent! Ask them if they can make him back off a little.

I hope everything goes OK for you. :)

I am a step-mum to a 14 year old, and we are very close, we are closer than the relationship she has with her own mum. My advice is to listen to your brother, as i think the only reason he is with you, besides your beauty and personality is to take advantage of you. All i suggest is enjoy your mates, and have a relationship with older boys when you are a bit older, to be able to handle different situations, and cope with them. :rolleyes:

Thanx, for the advice , But no way I'm going to tell my parents that I have surten feelings for somebody, that is 3 years older then I am . And normally I don't tell my brother that but I was talking to his girlfriend about and he overheard us . I'm still going to back down a little bit . Having fun with my friends and if he is really in love with me then ,he can wait a little till I'm like 16 or sow

xxxheaven

Archived