One on One Archive

Guest Amir

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One-on-One Artwork Tournament #3

Voting for this competition is going to be as normal. Please vote for your favourite avatar in each battle along with the reason why. You don't have to write an essay but please write at least a sentence as it's nice to give the creator some feedback. Please don't vote for an avatar because of the person in it as your decision should be based purely on the graphic itself. People who have entered can vote but not in their own battle. Happy voting!

Voting in this round will close on Wednesday 6th June 8pm UK time.

Round 1 - ding ding!

Battle 1: Home and Away baddie!!

Traceve

Traceve.jpg

aejdude

aejdude.png

Battle 2: Favourite moment on Home and Away so far this year. It must contain one word which describes the moment but it can't be a character's name. (How bizarre you used the same word?!)

Flutterby

flutterby.png

Dom

Dom.png

Battle 3: Love. Everything else is up to you!

Kirst

Kirst.png

TLE-07

TLE07.gif

Battle 4: Action scene. From Home and Away or any other TV programme or film. No text, brushes or textures are allowed.

Reo

Reo.png

.Amy.

Amy.png

Battle 5: Sadness. It must be a screencap from a TV programme or film. It must also be black and white.

allibaz

allibaz.png

sevenpuddings

sevenpuddings.png

Battle 6: Cropping. You can use any picture but it must contain 2 people only and it must have unique cropping.

dsingles

dsingles.jpg

Cat

Cat.png

Battle 7: Happiness. You can use any picture but the focus must be on the colouring and it should contain no text at all.

Pauley

Pauley.png

~Amy~

Amy-1.png

Battle 8: Music - Favourite singer, band, star, etc. Must contain a lyric or song title but not the band/singers name.

Charlotte

Charlotte.png

PINK

PINK.jpg

Rosey

Rosey.png

Battle 2:

First entry - Nice B&W effect, creative skills shown by using three different pictures. Text suits icon.

Second entry - Nice colouring and text, i just prefered first entry better as it's more creative but still a nice entry.

Vote goes to flutterby.

Battle 3:

First entry - Nice colouring, text and border.

Second entry - Okay colouring.

Vote goes to Kirst.

-

Battle 4:

First entry - Nice choice of picture, vibrant colouring.

Second entry - I can't actually tell what the action is, less vibrant than first entry.

Vote goes to Reo.

Battle 6:

First entry - Nice colouring, cropping and text. I like the green bar.

Second entry - The black and white is okay, although way too blurry the text stands out more than the picture and to me i think it should be the other round.

Vote goes to Dsingles.

Battle 7:

First entry - Nice colouring, although perhaps a bit too sharpened?

Second entry - Nice colouring, good creative skills used overall a really nice icon.

Vote goes to Amy.

Battle 8:

First entry - Nice colouring, like the white and green bars although perhaps it would look better with just one white bar and one green bar.

Second entry - Okay colouring, i did think it was quite nice until i looked closer the icon does look a bit pixely.

Third entry - Nice cropping, although i think it's way too pink.

Vote goes to Charlotte.

Battle 1:

Traceve - I like the cropping,but I dont like the font and its alittle too dark.

aejdude - Love the picture/pose used and the black at the bottom, I like the fonts but the above font on the blurred part is alittle hard to see.

My vote - aejdude

Battle 2:

Flutterby - I like the picture and how they are seperated and the cropping with each,especially Ella. But I dont like the font.

Dom - Love the colour and the cropping, I like the font but not over the face.

My vote - Dom

Battle 3:

Kirst - Not keen on the font or the blur around it,but I do like the picture.

TLE-07 - Love the colouring and light on it, the cropping is good aswell.

My vote - TLE-07

Battle 5:

Hard to choose between the two..

allibaz - I like the smaller picture and the font is good.

sevenpuddings - I like the cropping.

My vote - allibaz

Battle 6:

dsingles - Love the cropping,colouring,font and the green behind it.

Cat - I like the cropping, but its alittle blurred.

My vote - dsingles

Battle 7:

Pauley - Rachel looks good,but not with the background.

~Amy~ - I like the colouring on the face and the fact that it looks like a old photograph.

My vote - ~Amy~

Battle 8:

Charlotte - I love the colouring and cropping on the picture, the green bar below, the font and the fact that it is seperated by another white bar.

PINK - I like the font and cropping, but the picture looks pixelated.

Rosey - Like the colouring and the cropping, the eyes really stand out. But I had to lean in to see what the font said.

My vote - Charlotte

Battle 1

Traceve- The cropping is good but its a little over orange for me and the text is a little unclear

Aejdude- Love the text and the way that the black fades into the image and when thinking of baddies he isn't an obvious one but actually he was really mean (think I mean that its not over used)Not a lot done to the actual image but it didn't need too much.

Vote goes to Aejdude

Battle 2

Flutterby- Love the cropping of this av and the way it fits together, its unique. The Tasha one is a little dark compared to the others and the Ella one could have done with seeing more of her face.

Dom- A little orange but I love cropping and the text really fits the expression I love the brightness of Rics eye's in this image aswell.

Vote goes to Flutterby

Battle 3

Kirst- Don't really get the love aspect of this one, the colouring is good but I'm not keen on the border.

TLE-07- I love the blue colouring on this it fits the cap well and the contrast is good, I can feel the love in this one although it is a little cold too.

Vote goes to TLE-07

Battle 4

Reo- This definatley is an action shot the colouring makes it even more strong, its a little too sharp but that could be the way the image was originally.

.Amy.- I haven't a clue what is going on in this one, but the colouring is excellent and really stands out.

Vote goes to Reo

Battle 5

allibaz- Excellent colouring on the image (I know it's black and white) but the contrast of dark and bright is good, the placing of the smaller image is good and the text is great.

sevenpuddings- love the cropping the image is a ittle sharp but the contrast is great and the emotion is captured really well.

Vote goes to sevenpuddings

Battle 7

Pauley- The colouring is great but the border to the left is a little out of place.

~Amy~- Love the image used for this one and the border is excellent and I like the way its duplicated and reversed.

Vote goes to ~Amy~

Battle 8

Charlotte- Excellent choice of image and the colouring is good I like the text, plain but effective.

PINK- Colouiring is a little orange, the text is good but its all a little too bright.

Rosey- I like the image used and the cropping is good the colouring is a little too fake and the text is a little unclear.

Vote goes to Charlotte

Good luck to everyone xxx

Battle 1:

Traceve: Nice croppping, intresting placing of text but a bit dark, text could be a bit more visible, maybe add a glow?

Aaron: Interesting composition, nice use of centre crop, like the second font a lot better than the first, colouring good.

My vote goes to Aaron

Battle 3:

Kirst: Interesting idea, I like the way you have experimented with the border and colouring to match, the text is a little dull.

TLE-07: Like the simplicity of the cropping and composition, the colouring is a little too blue but I like the brightness of the icon.

My vote goes to TLE-07

Battle 4:

Reo: I like the redness of it - the colouring really sets off the fire, a little too sharp and simplistic maybe a border?

Amy: I love the cropping and the colouring works well, not entirely sure what is happening.

My vote goes to .Amy.

Battle 5:

allibaz: I really like the use of a second little image and the contrast is good. The font and mini image make the icon look a little cluttered and perhaps rather than a duplicate another pic of Mischa/Marisa could have been used?

sevenpuddings: Love the cropping and contrast, not sure the swiggles/text at the bottom are necessary or maybe the opacity of them could be lowered slightly?

My vote goes to sevenpuddings

Battle 6:

dsingles: I like the cropping and the purple colouring suits the mood, the text isn't quite right though, maybe the bit behind it could have been purple to match Belle's face as the bluey colour doesn't quite fit with the rest of the icon, maybe have a fiddle with the opacity?

Cat: Love the cropping and the softness of this image, the glow around the text works really well, not sure if this breaks the rules though as it doesn't include 2 people? Or was it max of 2?

My vote goes to Cat

Battle 7:#

Pauley: I like the image you have used but I'm not sure about the colouring or the background chosen.

~Amy~: Again good choice of image, I love the way you have taken a bit of a risk with this one, the texture/brush over the top gives a great effet and the colouring underneath really suits the subject.

My vote goes to ~Amy~

Battle 8:

Charlotte: I like the cropping and the colouring, the way the text band at the bottom matches the colouring of the image is good, however I would have liked it to be a bit smaller as it blocks out quite a lot of the image and that is a shame because as I said before the cropping is great.

PINK: Good cropping but I don't think it needs the text to be quite a big, and maybe not on a slant?

Rosey: It is nice to see you have taken a risk but I'm not sure it paid off, the pink is a little woah! I like the cropping and the font used but the text could be a little closer together, try doing ech line as a separate layer, that way you can can the opacity and overlap etc.

My vote goes to Charlotte

p.s. Aaron is there any reason you didn't vote for battle 5?! :P

Battle #1

Traceve - nice cropping + text. but the icon is a bit dark, and it seems quite rough.

Aejdude - central cropping is nice. the colouring is alright, although it could use a little more contrast. text is good.

Vote - aejdude

Battle #2

flutterby - excellent cropping + use of space. i love the layers of text. just wish that the black box wasn't covered over in the top corner.

dom - nice cropping. the av is way too pink for my liking though, and the text just, doesn't do it for me.

Vote - Flutterby.

Battle #3

kirst - i think the cropping is a bit off, and could have used more of Peyton to make the text actually make sense. the colouring all seems to be one kinda shade too, just with some contrast.

TLE-07 - the cropping is nice, but the colouring seems both too blue and not dark enough for my liking. the saturation levels may have been upped to give the paler parts more colour.

Vote - TLE-07

Battle#4

reo - nice cropping, action is obviously there. everything seems to have tones of red though, and i think it could have benefitted more by centralising the burning and having other colours there.

.amy. - the most intriguing av in the first round. i think its a girl falling into a bath-tub, but anyhow, the colouring is great, as is the cropping. maybe could have benefitted from a little more contrast, but thats just for me.

Vote - .amy.

Battle #6

dsingles - nice cropping [as per required] but the colouring lacks contrast. it may have worked better as a b&w av, as you've taken away most of the colour anyhow. i'm not sure if the text quite fits or not either.

.cat. - i like the cropping, and the b&w, but i think its a little too soft. and maybe a little more contrast. like the text though.

Vote - Cat.

Battle #7

pauley - nice picture, the colouring is not overpowering or anything, but i don't know if the background works at all with the picture.

~Amy~ - lol, its great. i don't know about the grey shades that are overlaying the picture, but the cropping is fab, and the double image works well to impact doubly!

Vote - ~Amy~

Battle #8

Charlotte - I like the text, and the white+green you've got down the bottom, but I think the actual image is lacking in colour+contrast.

Pink - central cropping works well, but the image is pixelated, and the text doesn't quite, fit.

Rosey - Uh, very pink. And I think the text might have been better placed on the opposite side.

Vote - Charlotte

Battle 6:

dsingles: I like the cropping and the purple colouring suits the mood, the text isn't quite right though, maybe the bit behind it could have been purple to match Belle's face as the bluey colour doesn't quite fit with the rest of the icon, maybe have a fiddle with the opacity?

Cat: Love the cropping and the softness of this image, the glow around the text works really well, not sure if this breaks the rules though as it doesn't include 2 people? Or was it max of 2?

Gah, now I remember.

My first entry had 2 people, but then I changed it and forgot about there having to be 2 people. Unless it was max or 2, I don't know....

Battle 1:

Traceve - I like the cropping, but feel the image is too dark.

Aejdude - The central cropping works well on this occassion and the dark base with text over the top is really effective.

Vote - Aejdude

Battle 2:

Flutterby - I really like the use of the three pictures all linking to the storyline. The greyscale works well but maybe needs a bit more contrast.

Dom - The colouring is really nice, not too orange. The position and colour of the text fits well.

Vote - Flutterby

Battle 3:

Kirst - I like the circular and blurred border to focus the picture, but think it might be a bit dark.

TLE-07 - The colouring is light and I like the blue highlights. The thin border is centralises it too.

Vote - TLE-07

Battle 4:

Reo - I like the cropping of the icon with the person in the foreground. The colouring also makes the flames really stand out.

.Amy. - I really like the green colouring contrasting with the bright red.

Vote - Reo

Battle 5:

allibaz - The text to describe the emotion is really effective, and I think the greyscale has a good amount of contrast. However I don't think the smaller picture is necessary.

sevenpuddings - I really like the cropping of the icon focussing on the face. I think maybe a bit more contrast is needed, but I also like the white brush at the bottom.

Vote - sevenpuddings

Battle 6:

dsingles - I like the colouring, combined with the use of the background surrounding the text to describe the scene.

Cat - I really like glow around the text, contrasting to the greyscale of the image.

Vote - dsingles

Battle 7:

Pauley - The picture is well blended to the bright background and this really makes it stand out, as does the blue border.

~Amy~ - I like the use of the two similar pictures in the same icon and the colouring of the identically. However, I think the black could have a bit more opacity to see more of the images.

Vote - ~Amy~

Battle 8:]

Charlotte - I really like the cropping of the top image with the stripes below.

PINK - I like the cropping of the image and position of the text, but I think the colouring is slightly too orange.

Rosey - I really like the pink highlight for the whole icon, but the text looks slightly out of place where it is.

Vote - Rosey

Archived