One on One Archive

Guest Amir

I know i'm not supposed to vote in the one i entered but i feel i want to as Amy's is better. :)

Cat and Mar have done this in the past so i should be allowed to aswell.

Me against Amy.

First entry - Nice cropping, and colouring. :) I love that the apples are so vibrant. :) I adore the black and white bit where the text is and the font and it's colour is perfect. :)

Second entry - It's a nice idea, but i'm not too keen on the cropping. The colouring is okay, but the first entry is better colouring. The font looks basic, and not that good on this graphic.

Amy gets my vote.

Amir vs. Karena

First entry - Gorgeous colouring, cropping and nice use of the texture. Nice border and the text is a nice addition i love the font.

Second entry - Nice colouring and cropping. Although, i can't say im too keen on the font and the text seems too big and would look better without.

Amir gets my vote.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know i'm not supposed to vote in the one i entered but i feel i want to as Amy's is better. :)

Cat and Mar have done this in the past so i should be allowed to aswell.

You're just taking liberties now Aaron :P cheeky whatsit, I am discounting the first vote because I decided noone can vote for their own pair and I'm sticking to it so ner :)

For set one i am voting for ~Amy~ I really like the pictures that has been used, and the way the texture was used. I have to say that the words on it are very good :)

For set two i am voting for Karena The image and coloruing are fantastic! And the texture looks really good. Again the words used just make the graphic look perfect :)

• 1 month later...

One on One Artwork Tournament

the return...

First things first I apologise for the monumental amount of time it's taken for me to get this last round in action I hate computers! Anyhoo please vote as follows:

I am voting for [insert name here]'s entry because [insert reason here]

Reasons must be included or your vote will not count, likewise they must be proper reasons about things like colouring, cropping, fonts etc. not 'because that is my favourite character too' sorry if that is a bit patronising!

ROUND 4 - The finals

Amy vs karena

Challenge: A set (sig and icon) + a wallpaper, based on the artist's favourite something

Amy:

candyyy.png

Signature:

candyheader1.png

Wallpaper:

candy2.png

karena:

TonyAvatar.jpg

Signature:

TonyBanner.jpg

Wallpaper:

TonyWallpaper.jpg

Please take the time to vote... Entrants cannnot vote this time :) xxx Thanks for your patience!

I am voting for Karena's entry because The icon, signature and wallpaper are of such a high standard! The wallpaper is absolutely beautiful. I also like the face she used the same mane picture for the icon as well as the sig. The colouring is superb

I am in love with Amy's wallpaper how ever.

Amy vs. Karena.

First Entry: Is nice, but does lack consistency which i think in this case would look good. Diversity up against Consistency and i think i prefer consistency in this case. Although, with that said each piece of artwork is really good, however when looking at a set they don't really fit together as the second entry.

Second Entry: I love the fact that's it all the same style it really does look like a set, as a set usually has matching things and that really shows here. The style is amazing, and because of that so is the colouring and use of pictures.

Vote goes to Karena. With Amy as a really good runner up. :)

Vote goes to Karena. I really like the set: everything is really good, the colouring, the pictures, the text.. And it does look like a set!

But Amy was also really good. And I really love that sig :)

My vote goes to Karena as I really love the fact that she has brought the same format of style into each of the different artwork. The colours work really well together and I like the way you have included lots of additional pictures of Tony with other people as it makes the artwork that much better.

My vote goes to Amy, I love your work.

The Av is excellent the colouring and border makes it look kind of old fashioned.

The Sig is really pretty the placing of the pictures is wicked and the slight blurryness on them makes the pictures look life like and natural.

The Wallpaper is just the best bit by far, I love the way you outlined the large picture and the copying of the other picture is great too. The colouring is ace and the background really suits the mood, along with the lyrics you added to capture this piece in the best possible way.

Karena your work is excellent too and I love continuity between the pieces and the colouring is good too. It was a really hard choice but I just love the mood that is captured in Amy's work with the use of diffent colours.

Well done to both of you and Good luck xxx

I will be voting for karena because I love the fact that she has made all of the graphics matching, and the style is just amazing! It really looks like she has put the time and effort into making those graphics for this contest, therefore i feel that she deserves to win! :)

Archived