One on One Archive

Guest Amir

Flutterby Vs. Charlotte.

Flutterby - if thats something you whip up in a couple of hours? Man are you good. The blending is fab, and the two central images used are perfect, while the others faded into the background are great. I love that you've stepped away from you're style and branched out, because its only shown me how much talent you've kept hidden away. My only criticism would be that maybe the colouring on the two main pictures could have been a bit bolder, but still, they work all the same. Its a really amazing wallpaper.

Charlotte - I love the contrasting pictures, the b&w on one, the colour on the other, but I feel that not enough of the room was dedicated the the friendship, rather than the text. Also, it doesn't seem to really dedicate it to their friendship either, as the pictures aren't really of the two of them together. However in saying that, the actual layout is nice. I like how the avatar really matches the sig.

Overall, my vote goes to Flutterby, because I just feel its an outstanding effort.

-

Amy, can I just say I really love your wallpaper. You're blending skills are amazing! And the text and brushes are great too!

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Battle A:

Okay, so both of these were fantastic, the colouring, the text, the style...I could go on and on. BUT the one that really stood out for me was:

Flutterby !!!!

Battle B:

Once again both of these are outstanding! You got talent! It is really hard to come to a decision.

Amy:

Your pictures and choice of font and text is amazing.

Sevenpuddings:

You must have worked really hard to get it the way you have. I love everything about it.

The winner is...Sevenpuddings!

And for those who didn't win: Don't get put off. Your really good and your pictures are amazing. It was really hard to choose between everyone. Well done and better luck for next time!!

:P

xxx

Katie vs Charlotte

Katie - Fab wallpaper, shows us that you are capable of much more and you took the challenge of a wallpaper when i've never seen you do a wallpaper before and you have completely aced it. Well done, fab colouring, choice of images and text. :)

Charlotte - This set doesn't really stand out for me, and not much colouring seems to have gone on here. The black/grey lines aren't effective and nor is the text.

-

Vote goes to Katie

Jess vs. Amy

Amy - The blending is fab i'll give you that, however not too sure about the colouring. It seems you have lowered the yellow levels compared to the avs i saw, but it still looks too yellow in my opinion. I personally think the writing is a bit too young, it makes indiana seem younger than she is and i don't like that. I think maybe a more "elegant style" wallpaper approach could have been used here to portray her a bit better.

Jess - I love this! Fantastic use of lyrics, and i think it's good that a wallpaper was an option as if it wasn't i don't think you would have been creating wallpapers anytime soon as you don't really do many wallpapers that's why this is such a nice change once again it has challenged you doing a wallpaper and you passed with flying colours! I love the range of the colouring used on this wallpaper, black&white and colour is a good combination!

The shapes Jade is in are very funky too! Well done.

Vote goes to Jess.

All the entries are so good. This is really hard, but here goes ...

Battle 1:

Flutterby - I really like the way all the images are blended together. There seems to be a common link between them all that brings the whole wallpaper together. I like the main two pictures and all the different ones in the background. The text fits perfectly and seems to tie it all together.

Charlotte - I like the idea of using the line to divide the two pictures but I don't feel that it works in this instance. I like the use of grey scale in the icon but maybe if you had pictures of the two interacting it would have worked better. The text is really bold and makes the whole set stand up.

Vote to Flutterby

Battle 2:

.Amy. - I really like the yellow tinge to the whole wallpaper. I think it really goes well with the text and colour of the images. The blending is amazing and there is a great choice of pictures. The short statements really match and stand out which I like.

Sevenpuddings - I really like the main background with the use of the black & white and coloured pictures. The angle of some of the pictures and the borders around them is really effetive and eye catching. The text matches really well and the way it is written on the angle really suits the rest of the graphic.

Vote to .Amy.

Battle 1:

Flutterby - I really liked how the images are all blended. It gives a really nice 'dreamy' effect. I think the text and writing really match the pictures in the background and I have no critisim to give. Good work!

Charlotte - I liked how it was really simple and bold. However, since with the grey backgrond and the black and all I though maybe you could have made the belle and cassie images grey? I don't know if it would have looked better like that but....just a though. And also I though it would make the friendship look stronger if they were in the same picture just with the black lne separating them.....Goo work overall.

It was a hard decison but....my vote goes to Flutterby

Battle 2:

.Amy.- I really like how the images were blended. I think it was a bit too yellow for my liking but it seemed to match everything else is the wallpaper. The short statement really stood out which was good. Great work!

Sevenpuddings- I really like the concept of your wallpaer. The orange/yellow/brown/green patterned background looked great with the use of black & white and coloured pictures. I though that the text reflected alot on the picture and how she was in deep though. Well done!

Again a hard decison but, my vote goes to

Sevenpuddings.

• 1 month later...

One on One Art Tournament #4

Round 1

Battle 1

Charlotte vs dsingles

Fave HAA character and their best storyline

Charlotte :

Muhaha.png

dsingles:

OneonOne.jpg

Battle 2

Rosey vs hege1986

Fave pic of your fave character

Rosey:

1onm1.png

hege1986:

Beth.jpg

Battle 3:

Cat vs ali52

Your fave relationship that your fave character has had.

Cat:

maddieandluc1on1001gq4.png

Cat goes through automatically because I didn't get an entry from ali, please make a constructive comment about Cat's work anyway as it would be nice for her to get some feedback.

Battle 4:

aejdude vs Jen vs TLE-07

Your fave HAA character and the character you would like to pair them with from any other TV show/ Film etc. (No entry from TLE-07 so just between two people)

aejdude:

twopairrm-1.png

Jen:

1on1av5.jpg

Usual voting rules apply: Vote for the one you like best from each battle, giving your reasons why and some constructive comments. People who entered are allowed to vote provided they do not vote on their own battle.

Voting closes Wednesday 1st August 1pm UK Time

Any problems PM me :)

Comments on the amount of times I used the word fave in the above post will not be appreciated :P

Here goes :)

Battle one: Charlotte vs. dsingles.

1. I love the style of this av, there's just something about the way the Image was repeated, and the text looks good with this av. Only tip I have is it would look better if this image were darker and more contrasted, as it would go with the Storyline/Character this is representing.

2. I like the text and cropping on this, but I don't like the coloring... Amanda looks a big green :P But it's a good effort

Vote goes to Charlotte

Battle 2 - Rosey vs. Hege (First of all I think both are amazing!)

1. wow, I love this. The angle, cropping, colouring and text are all perfect on this Icon. Only thing I'd suggest is a border, but it is an amazing piece of artwork.

2. Again, Colouring, text, angle and cropping are fabulous. The screencap used is great and the colours look nice and vibrant.

Hard decision, but vote goes to Rosey.

Battle 3 - Cat vs. ali52.

Cat's entry is great. I love the colouring on this, and the glow on the & looks perfect!

Battle 4 - aejdude and Jen

1. I don't like the texture behind the icon, and the Icon aejdude used for Ric could have been looking at the other character (Who?) to make it look better. It doesn’t look like there's much else done on this.

2. I like the way this is cut, and the images that were chosen go really well. I'd only suggest more contrast on the Lucas but otherwise - it's awesome :D

Vote goes to Jen

Battle 1

Charlotte's avatar is nice and I love the black and white border. The text is a bit too much, might be better if it was smaller.

Dsingles avatar would be better if the text wasnt there but the colouring is nice but would look better if it was lighter

My vote goes to Charlotte :D

Battle 2

Rosey her cropping of Rachel is fantastic and the text goes really well. The text is nice and suits the background of the avatar.

Hege avatar is amazing, I love the colour and the background but Beth stands out and that is really hard to do, amazing.

My vote goes to Rosey :D

Battle 3

Cat avatar is nice but I dont think the and sign was really necessary, Good cropping.

Battle 4

Aejdude's avatar's background is a bit off putting to the pictures, it would be better if the background suited the picture.

Jen's avatar is perfect, Lucas looks suited to the background and it is really nice.

My vote goes to Jen :D

Archived