One on One Archive

Guest Amir

Battle #1

Traceve - nice cropping + use for border. But the colouring is too dark for my liking and I'm not sure about the text placement.

Aejdude - i like the colouring and use of text. not sure about the central crop though. central cropping is nice.

My vote goes to - aejdude

Battle #2

flutterby - i like the cropping and use of different images. the black and white colouring is lovely, but i'm not sure about the text placement or the border

dom - gorgeous colouring and text.

My vote goes to - dom

Battle #3

kirst - ii like the effect you have used, but it's really hard to see Peyton and thus know what the text is talking about.

TLE-07 - the cropping is nice, but the colouring seems too blue and i don't overly love the black border.

My vote goes to - TLE-07

Battle#4

reo - nice cropping and clearly adhears to all the task requirements

.amy. - extremely eye catching and unique. the cropping is superb. Though I'm not sure about the colouring ... it seems washed out.

My vote goes to - .amy.

Battle 5:

allibaz - The cropping is unique and you have captured the emotion well. I don't really like the smaller image though

sevenpuddings - Amazing cropping and use of texture/brush around the bottom of the icon.

My vote goes to - sevenpuddings

Battle #6

dsingles - gorgeous cropping, but the colouring is too plain and dull. I like the text and I think it's necessary, I'm just not sure of its placement or of that style.

Cat - absolutely love the text with the glowy affect. The black and white colouring is abit soft however it suits the image.

My vote goes to - Cat

Battle #7

pauley - I don't like the background, as it takes away from the image. As it says the focus must be on the colouring, i feel the emphasis is more on the background than the colouring of the image which is excellent.

~Amy~ - The double image works well. The colouring is unique ... though I'm not sure if I like the dark border.

My vote goes to - ~Amy~

Battle #8

Charlotte - I like the text and the white/green bar however the colouring is lacking. cropping is interesting.

Pink - i like the cropping, but the image is far too pixelated

Rosey - The colouring is abit tooo pink and I'm not sure about text placement. The cropping is nice however.

My vote goes to - Charlotte

Congratulations and well done to all entrants! :)

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Battle 1

Traceve - I really like the image you used, and the cropping and border are great. I don't really like the colouring though, it's a bit too dark, and the text doesn't convince me either.

aejdude - I love the colouring and the cropping, and the text fits the image pretty nicely. I don't really like the way it looks where the black background is blurry, though, since it's a bit hard to read.

My vote goes to aejdude

Battle 2

Flutterby - I like the pictures you used and the font. The cropping is also very nice, but I don't like the black lines between the three pictures as they look too sharp to me.

Dom - I love the colouring and picture, and the cropping is also great. I don't really like the text placement, though.

My vote goes to Dom

Battle 3

Kirst - I really like the picture you chose, and the coloring is very nice as well. I don't like the border though, as I think it covers a little too much of the picture.

TLE-07 - The cropping and the picture are very nice, and I really like the colouring too.

My vote goes to TLE-07

Battle 4

Reo - I like the picture you chose and also the colouring. I don't really like the cropping, though.

.Amy. - The colouring, picture and cropping are great, and the icon is really original.

My vote goes to .Amy.

Battle 5

allibaz - I love the image and the text effect. I also really like the little image and the cropping.

sevenpuddings - The cropping is really nice, and the brushes you used add a very nice effect to the picture.

My vote goes to allibaz

Battle 6

dsingles - I love the cropping, colouring and text, and I think the green bar adds a great effect as well.

Cat - The cropping is very good, and I like both the picture you chose and the text. I don't like that it's in black and white, though, and it looks a bit too blurry.

My vote goes to dsingles

Battle 8

Charlotte - I love the picture, cropping and colouring. The green and white lines look amazing in the icon and they're a great way to include the text.

PINK - The picture and cropping are very nice, and I like the colouring too. I don't really like the text though, I think it's too dark and maybe a little too big for the icon.

Rosey - The cropping is very nice, and I like the text too, although I'd have chosen another colour since it's a bit hard to read. The colouring is too pink.

My vote goes to Charlotte

One on One Artwork Tournament #3 - Round 2

Voting in this round will close on Friday 15th June at 8pm UK time. Please vote for a winner in each battle along with comments/compliments/constructive critisism, etc. Happy voting :)

Battle 1:

Your favourite Home and Away storyline. It can be a current storyline or one from the past.

TLE-07

TLE07-1.gif

Charlotte

Charlotte-1.png

Battle 2:

Something you would like to see happen in Home and Away. It could be a storyline, a couple getting together, people being friends, someone leaving or even a death! You can manipulate the images in any way and you can use any text you want to help describe the situation.

dsingles

dsingles-1.jpg

.Amy.

.jpg

Battle 3:

Something you love. This is your chance to work on something that you like.. a lot! It can be a person, scenery, a scene from a TV show or film, an event, an animal or anything else you like.

Flutterby

flutterby-1.png

Unfortunately ~Amy~ has decided to pull out of the competition so Katie goes through automatically. Even though you can't vote in this battle it would be nice if people commented on Katie's entry seeing as she spent time creating it. :)

Battle 4:

Conflict. You can use any images from Home & Away or any other TV programme or film. You can also use a real life situation such as a war or sporting battle.

sevenpuddings

sevenpuddings-1.png

aejdude

aejdude-1.png

I will edit this to vote later but is it possible in future if spoilers can be kept out of the contest? I have already seen stuff to do with the storyline in battle 1 but kind of hadn't fully formed it in my head so yeah, it's a bit hmm.

On a positive note thanks for getting this up so quickly karen and yay I'm through, it's a shame I didn't have to fight for it though!

Votes:

Battle 1:

TLE-07 - putting my feelings about this being a spoiler aside, I like the use of smaller images to tell the story and the colouring of the betrayal one is nice. I'm not sure about the amount of text or the sort of brush stroked texture though.

Charlotte: Again I like the use of smaller images and the simplicity of this. I think maybe some more dramatic images could have been used, I like the middle one but the others aren't as good.

My vot goes to Charlotte

Battle 2:

dsingles: I like the blending and the composition, the little images work well, I feel maybe the text could have been more I don't know how to describe it...more of a feauture, and I think the colouring is a little flat.

.Amy.: I love the left hand side of this, good blending and the scratchy bits over the top are really good too. I understand that due to the size of the original image you had to add a bit on but I think maybe next time try blending it a bit better or covering the line with something, maybe some smaller images? I'm also not a huge fan of the different fonts used or the direction.

My vote goes to .Amy.

Battle 3:

flutterby: Genious! it's absolutely amazing work yet again...how do you do it?! :P

Battle 4:

sevenpuddings: Love the choice of image and the grainy texture, the colouring too is perfect. I think you have chosen a good quote and the way it is presented suits the style of the graphic, however I do feel th urge to shake it up a little.

Aaron: I like the text and the composition of this, the colouring of the little icons at the bottom is lovely. I know this is really finickity but the two black and white images at the top don't look symmetrical because the background in one of them is white and the other black. Also the text isn't properly centred. Sorry I know they are tiny things but yeah, that's my problem with it!

My vote goes to (this was the hardest yet) sevenpuddings

Actually on second thoughts I don't want either of you to go through :)

Archived