One on One Archive

Guest Amir

Pair one: I am voting for .Amy.'s entry because the colouring is excellent and the cropping seems to be just right, I also love the text.

Rosey's is good but the border is too thick and it is 108x108 :ph34r:

Pair two: I am voting for Disingle's entry because the colouring is really nice and the cropping is also good.

Aejude's is good but I think it seems a bit over blurred and the edges aren't very obvious.

Pair four: I am voting for ~Amy~'s entry because I love the way the same picture has been used and used in b&w as well as colour. I cropping seems really good, and the text finishes it off perfectly.

.Cat.'s is good too but I think the picture is a tad bit blurry. And the colour doesn't seem very vibrant, it's quite dull.

Pair five: I am voting for princess jessik's entry because the cropping is really good and the colouring is really nice.

Reo's is good but I think the texture is too strong.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pair one: I am voting for .Amy.'s entry because I love the colouring on it and I think the text(brush?:blink:) fits it.

Pair two: I am voting for aejdude's entry because I like the colouring in it, there's nothing wrong with the other entry, it's great its just too orange

Pair three: I am voting for amir's entry because I like the brush used on it, the picture it self is kinda boring could have been more colours on it. Reason why I don't vote for ms.megan is because I think it could be more colours used on it, and the pink dosen't really fit the picture

Pair four: I am voting for Cat's entry because I like the cropping and the colouring in it. I really like Amy's but I think the border is a bit thick.

Pair five: I am voting for princess jessik's entry because I love the cropping and colouring on it, and I've never seen that cap/pic before

:P

Ooh! Nice work everyone.

Pair 1: Amy, I think the colouring and cropping is better, I don’t like that black border around the second one and I always like a bit of text although on first glance that looks like it says you make me ful?!

Pair 2: dsingles, I think it is a more interesting choice of pic, conveys a lot more emotion and more about the essence of the character than just a face like in the first one. I think also the colouring really suits the mood of the pic…that bright lights look. The first one also looks a bit pixelated and the face a bit washed out.

Pair 3: Amir I really love this av, it’s very different, the black down one half is fab and nicely contrasts with the colouring of kim. The text and and brush is great. All in all it catches the eye better than the other av.

Pair 4: Amy, I think the colouring is better, the other looks a little yellow. I also like the choice of pic better, it is more interesting, i.e. Martha and Macca’s expressions and it is better cropped.

Pair 5: Princess J Much more interesting and eye catching choice of pic, with better colouring. It captures the feel of a fav location brilliantly, I really like it.

Rosey's is good but the border is too thick and it is 108x108

Thas odd. Lol. When I resized it, it was 100x100. Sorry. Katie, feel free to kick me out :P

Oopsy I never thought to check! I won't kick you out because I didn't notice....

Any way thanks for the votes, Voting for Round 1 is closed, results will be posted in the other thread soon.

One on One Artwork Tournament

the return...

Ok this is a very simple thing, there are 3 pairs, you vote for the ONE that is your FAVOURITE from EVERY pair. So it will go a little something like this:

Pair one: I am voting for [insert name here]'s entry because [insert reason here]

Pair two: I am voting for [insert name here]'s entry because [insert reason here]

Pair three: I am voting for [insert name here]'s entry because [insert reason here]

Reasons must be included or your vote will not count, likewise they must be proper reasons about things like colouring, cropping, fonts etc. not 'because that is my favourite character too' sorry if that is a bit patronising!

ROUND 2

Pair 1: .Amy. vs aejdude

Challenge: Animal sig

.Amy.:

1on1banner.jpg

aejdude:

cuties2copy.png

Pair 2: ms.megan vs ~Amy~

Challenge: Home and Away wallpaper

ms.megan: backgroundfinal.jpg

~Amy~: inidlifeofastar.png

Pair 3: princess jessik vs karena

Challenge: Fave TV show/film sig containing at least 5 icons

princess jessik: finalentry.png

karena: HABanner.png

Please take the time to vote... The people who entered can vote for all the other pairs but their own. :)

Set One - First of all, as soon as I saw those two Sigs I screamed 'Awww!' Both are so cute and gorgeous. And I hate to choose between them but I pick #2. Fantastic Coloring and Cropping on that! Plus those Pups are adorable :wub:

Set Two - Again, hard choice but I say Amy's. I just love the way it's done, and it instantly caught my eye.

Set Three - Wow you two. They are both stunning, you both are dead talented. But I say karena's. I just love the Main Pic, the Cropping, the way the smaller Pics are placed on it, the Lyrics, the boarder thing around the smaller Pics... It's stunning

Pair two:

First entry:

Nice entry. Not too keen on the purple. Like that the text matches the colouring in the picture.

Second entry:

Gorgeous colouring. I like the text, it finishes it off. The little picture is cool too!

Vote goes to ~Amy~.

Pair three:

Geese, this is a hard one!

First entry:

I don't watch One Tree Hill but i love this graphic! The blue is nice, the font colour suits the graphic. However, i'm not keen on the bottom row of icons being all b&w maybe you could have get kept them b&w and gave every one a different colour tint to make them look better for example red for one green for another etc. Blue background is just too plain for my liking.

The other entry is much more creative and you can the graphic maker takes a risk more, this graphic is nice but no risks have been taken i think that the graphic maker could have been a bit more creative here.

Second entry:

I love this graphic. I love the colouring you've got on the background image i've seen the original and that picture has come along way from it stunning colouring. I don't mind the font, it's funky and i think it suits the graphic i think it belongs there others may think differently.

I love how you've got a range of colouring, like the background image is darker and the small icons are lighter. I love the frame things on the icons, that's original not seen anything like that before.

Really creative piece of work. You've taken a risk, and it has been a success.

Vote goes to Karena.

Archived