One on One Archive

Guest Amir

Very hard to decide which i like best,both are really great..

Karena - I love the main pic of Matilda,the font and colour..and the mini pics blend in well with the rest.

Nayden - I love the blue with hints of greens,the font and the light..The main picture of Matilda is good aswell.

The only bits i dont like are the small squares on the top right side..and the picture of Matilda on the left,i like how it is split but its not blended with the rest of the banner.

My vote - Karena.

----

peter_baker_rox_my_world - Its a good picture,but i dont think the side goes with the candy..I like the darkness in the candy and it being really bold,but i dont like the side.

Mercury_Girl - I love the blue,her eyes,hair and lolly really stand out..I also like the pink bar and the blue font..But not the blue circles..Its too light compared to the blue with the lolly and hair.

Really not sure who to vote for...

My vote - peter_baker_rox_my_world.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Karena vs. Nayden

I love both entries, and find it odd, yet cool, that they've both been made about Matilda finding her strength in the face of fear, despite the fact the topic was simply 'Matilda'

Karena - I love the colouring of your general banner, and especially adore how the smaller pictures meld into the background. But I feel the main picture could have used a bit more contrast. It all ties in together stunningly though (And even makes me use words that aren't in the english dictionary!)

Nayden - I love your entry too, the colouring of the smaller pictures mixing in with the background. But I feel it's a little too over colourerd, as if the main picture should have been brought to the forefront more, instead of being blended into the background. I also feel that it may be too full with textures too, but that's simply my personal opinion.

Overall, my vote goes to Karena, because her entry is that little bit more flawless.

-

PBRMW vs. Mercury_Girl

This one is hard.

PBRMW - I like the banner, the candy picture is perfect, and the text is wonderful, but I feel that you've become a little overzleaous with the use of green on the candy. Some parts may have benefitted from being lighter and more colourful, and because you had so much to play with, that may have been easily achieved.

Mercury_Girl - I love the layout, and the picture you've used is great, but I feel the entire image is lacking in colour and contrast, both of which I associate with lollies. There isn't much of a vibrant feel to the picture, and I think that becomes it's maindownfall. I like the text though, very nice choice.

Overall, my vote goes to PBRMW, because theirs captured more of a feel of lollies for me, and also used a bit more colour.

They are all really good! But i will vote for Karena because i really like the gentle colouring and tone of it and the text and the striking use of the big picture!

And PBRMW because i think the colouring and the sweets are really eye catching and its set out really nicely!

But they were all really good and it was so hard to choose!

In this round, again, Reo's challenger did not enter, so they will be eliminated, and Reo proceeds to the next round.

-

Battle #12

[.jessa-belle.] vs. Aejdude

Topic: Fave Non H&A couple

Graphic: Banner

-

[.jessa-belle.]'s graphic:

sethandsummerxc9.jpg

aejdude's graphic:

ryanmarrissa33copy1co1.png

Amazing, how both are OC, eh?

-

Even though Reo got through without a battle, here's her graphic:

hacouple2jm1.jpg

Maybe the OC is on everyones minds?

Okay, here goes.

[.jessa_belle.] - I love that moment, and the fact that you've actually make the colouring alright is awesome, because that moment and the pictures that came from it are pretty hard to use. The blending is lovely, and the little things on the edge are great, but I feel its all together all overwhelmed by texture over the top. It makes the pictures fade into the background, and the text doesn't stand out much either, because the texture overtakes that too.

aejdude - I like the colouring and blending on your one, and of course, its RM, and one of their cutest moments, so it also scores points for me there too. I do however feel that the text is a bit out of place. I get that you've tried to make it kinda the same colour as the colouring style you've used, but maybe had it been black or white it would have stood out more? Or put it against a white strip? I think positioning is also a little high up too.

Overall, both are kind of on par, but my overall vote goes to aejdude, because my general feeling is less is more.

Nice work peoples! All 3 are fab.

For the battle:

Jessa-belle: I love the textures used, brushes etc. It gives it a misty, faded feel that I think suits the rainy moment. Also the image placement is great. The only bit I don't like is the text. I don't like how it's centred and I feel it's a little small.

Aejdude: I love the colouring on this - the pics are very soft and smooth. It has an old world feel to it - I can imagine Marissa as a movie star from the 50s or something. Quite unique. Again what I dislike most is the text - that loveheart and the colouring.

All up I'll go for Jessa-belle - I just love the texture created and feel the blending is a little better.

And Reo: that was a really great banner - I love the colouring, shame it can't go into contest. Well done though.

In this round, again, Reo's challenger did not enter, so they will be eliminated, and Reo proceeds to the next round.

Again? Is that beacuse they all know my graphics are so great they dont enter? lol :P

Its alittle discouraging being in a contest but not actually competing..

Although i think i wouldnt win..but it would be good to actually be against someone.

Thanks Blurr :D

Anyway on to my vote..

Were they suppose to be OC? If not,that is quite a coincidence.

They are both great,even though i dont like the OC *hides*

[.jessa-belle.] - I love it,the colour,the images you used,the brushes,the blending everything..but the font..I dunno,it just doesnt fit into the picture.

aejdude - I like ryan in it,but i dont like the Marrisa on Marrisa..The blending is good,its just maybe alittle too good and for me i just dont like how they look together like that..The font is good,but i think alittle too high and the colour hard to make out.

[.jessa-belle.] - Gets my vote.

Aww i love them both! Two unbelievably cute moments from a great show! And its so hard to choose but i think im going to go with Jessa-belle because i love the colouring and the effect the things around the edge give and it is also one of my favourite scenes ever from the OC but Aejdudes is really good aswell it was a tough choice but i just don't think the position of the text of Ryan and Marissa quite fits which is why i swung towards Jessa-belle in the end!

I also really like Reo's and it is unfortunate your competition didn't enter again after you went to the effort of making yours!

Archived