One on One Archive

Guest Amir

Voting for Battle #4 is now over. Congrats Angelgirl who progresses to the next round. Well done ~Natasha~, it was a very close round.

-----------------------------------

Battle #5.

.Cat. vs. Karena

Topic: Adventure

Graphic: Anything you like

.Cat.'s entry:

1on1entrymi1.png

Karena's entry:

adventurebanner2qu6.png

Battle #6.

peter_baker_rox_my_world vs. Flutterby

Topic: Stock

Graphic: Icon

peter_baker_rox_my_world's entry:

avvd5.jpg

Flutterby's entry:

wakeywakeyye9.png

Voting will close 31st October.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is so tough! Before i vote i'd like to say everything is good :).

Battle 5 .Cat. vs. Karena

First entry: I like it i do, i think you have done a really good job, with this entry there is just one picture and it is simple but for me i find it too simple when it's compared to the second entry. The picture of the insect and the background don't go together, the blue behind the insect doesn't look like a sky one bit there are no clouds or anything to suggest that it is in the air it just looks surreal, and the trail coming off the end of the insect isn't realistic. The text goes well with the background, but the main picture doesn't and to me that is the most important thing. You can't tell what the green blob in the corner is because it is too heavily blurred, which adds more to the surrealism of the banner. I know everything doesn't have to look realistic but when you are comparing it to a banner that does look realistic it's quite hard to not pick up on it.

Second entry: However with this entry they have got the main picture i.e. the skydiver blends into the background as you can see the clouds and you can see that the skydiver is in the air, the way the banner has been created its almost like you are looking through the skydiver's eyes and that is a very creative effect to achieve. I like how the "adventure" text blends into the background too, and the bottom of every one of the three pictures rest on the clouds of the sky, also the colouring of the three little pictures fits perfectly in with the banner, and the smaller text underneath the "adventure" fits in too without making it look too busy. I'm trying hard to pick up on something bad but i can't seem to seem to manage it :P.

-

Karena gets my vote. Sorry if i sounded mean.

Battle 6 peter_baker_rox_my_world vs. Flutterby

First entry - It's nice - has nice cropping and lighting and colouring. :) However the it's obvious the text has been put in a box, and there is a line going down the side to show you that, i think it would look better without the text myself.

Second entry - I like this icon because it has great cropping, colouring, lighting everything. The lighting and colouring isn't overdone and i love the text down the side fit's in nicely and it's got a cool effect where it is jaggedy down the side to show the same kind of cracks the cracked egg shows which i think is clever. :)

-

Flutterby gets my vote.

I know I'm not supposed to vote, but I think I should. As sevenpuddings said (for Merc), I think Karena deserves to advance to the next round. She put more of an effort into her piece than I did. Her's is really well done, and really creative.

Vote: Karena

--

Both icons are great, but there's just something about peter_baker_rox_my_world's one that stands out more to me. The cropping is wonderful, and I really like the colouring. The text, also fits perfectly.

Vote: peter_baker_rox_my_world

Cat vs. Karena.

Cat, honestly, I love yours to bits. The colouring is great, the cropping is wonderful, and the background (which I think is blurred) works nicely against the foreground, I'm loving it.

Karena, yours is amazing too! I really love the layout, and the colouring on the B&W images is great. I'd like to have seen a little more contrast on the main person, but even then I'm not that effected by it.

In the end though, I have to go with Karena, just because its more about adventure than Cat's. They are both seriously amazing graphics though :)

-

PBRMW vs. Flutterby

PBRMW, I like it. The cropping is nice, and the colouring is good, only, I feel the image is too oversharpened and pixelated, like it could have done with a blurred layer in there somewhere. I like the contrast of the text against the picture though.

Flutterby, the picture is cute, and the cropping is nice, as is the colouring, but I feel that its lacking in contrast, especially with the text. I feel it kind of melds into the picture instead of standing out a little, which is what I like text to do. But thats just me. Also, because the font is harder to read, maybe it would have been better in a different colour, and only slanted, as opposed to horizontal?

Overall, my vote goes to PBRMW, mainly because I like the contrast of the icon.

Cat for the first one I quite like its simplicity and the placement of the text, I also like the blurred bit in the left hand bottom corner. However the actual text is a bit of a cliche and considering bees (or wasps) don't really 'step' so to speak but fly not sure it was the best choice.

Bungee jumping isn't the most original take on the theme adventure I'd have to say (I'm not sure if voting can be based on what they've made of the idea or simply the quality of the graphic). But anyway I don't think it stands out as much as Cats although the colouring, text, placement etc. is all great.

Second contest: Peter Baker...'s one I think stands out more although that it's obvious the text is in a box which isn't good. But the colouring is dynamic (although I think the image could do with a little blurring) and the cropping nice. Flutterby's perhaps is more complete but to me it lacks that wow factor that makes you notice it however the colouring and lighting is nice.

Cat vs Karena:

Cat I really like the simplicity and idea, the font, picture and flying dotty line thing behind the wasp...I'm not so sure about the colouring because of the little blue bits on the wasp, that colouring looks great on people but makes the wasp look a bit unnatural, also I think the text should be a bit bigger to fill the space slightly better.

Karena I'm not so sure about the colour of the main picture but otherwise I love it, I really like the way it fits the brief, the colouring of the rest of it and the cutting of the man jumping or bungeeing is brilliant.

My vote goes to Karena, they are both beautiful and almost flawless so it was very hard to make a descision...they are also both waaaaay better than anything I could produce so well done and it's a shame you both can't go through

Archived