One on One Archive

Guest Amir

Challenge #2, Sevenpuddings vs. Mercury Girl

#1 - I love the cropping, and the light versus dark contrast you've got going on. The light gradient, or whatever that is coming from the bottom right corner just compliments the entire avatar, and the text is perfect. I love the overall feel to it.

#2 - While I like what you've tried to achieve, I feel that overall its become too bright and too sharpened. Especially with the sky in the corner. But the placement of text is nice.

So... overall, my vote goes to Mercury_Girl.

-

Ha, yes I know I just voted in the comp I was in, but I felt it was necessary for me to tell what I believed to be my truthful opinion on the avatars. Merc's is amazing, and she deserves to advance into the next round.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Voting for Battle #3 is now over. Congrats to Mercury_Girl, who progresses to the next round. :) Well done Sevenpuddings.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's Battle #4.

~Natasha~ vs. angelgirl

Topic: Crisis

Graphic: Banner

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Natasha~'s entry:

banner6ee8.png

angelgirl's entry:

crisisiggydy4.png

Voting will close on 25th October.

First off, let me just say that both ideas are really good.

Natasha: I love the blending you have done. The colors are also great, and the whole banner is in such a neat size. The blending's a little "off" between Belle and Kim, but I forgive you. :P

Angelgirl: I like the idea, and although the text is good, I don't think it works in that font on just one place on the banner. Also, the field where've you placed the text is not blending well enough with the hand of the girl. You should have erased the parts where it covers her hand/used a gradient to make it fade better.

My vote goes to Natasha

Okay, both eneteries rock, so this is really hard.

Natasha-

I like this, but for me, it's a bit small. I think it could ue sharpened a bit more, and maybe Marha and Belle moved together a bit more at the start.

Angelgirl-

I really like this idea, and it's very well made. I think you should have erased the tips of her hand under the text, but thats all i can suggest for this.

My overall vote is to Angelgirl

Natasha: I like the concept you've got going on, and the colouring and the size of the banner are both really great, and while the blending is a little too blurred in some spots, it generally works overall. I also love the hazy feel to it, like its sort of surreal, personally that adds to the effect of the banner.

angelgirl: Your concept is also great, its really interesting to see how two people view a topic they are given. I like the size of the banner, and the picture you've used is heartbreaking. It works nicely against the background. I love the text, it works to the overall impact... but, I feel that the text is a little off, maybe a little dull. Like there needed to be less of it, as maybe that would have given a bigger impact. Also, the blending between the text and the image seems a bit off too.

So, overall, my vote goes to Natasha.

Archived