One on One Archive

Guest Amir

Battle 1:

TLE-07- I really like this entry but for me the people in it are way too orange and the blurring makes it look like the pictures are distorted. If you fixed the orangeness (if thats a word :P) and took away the blurring I would adore this entry even more.

~Charlotte~- I love everything about this, the way you have set this out is great, I love the way you have put "captured" and "a believer" on it, it's great.

Vote goes to ~Charlotte~

Battle 2:

dsingles- I love this entry when I first saw it I loved it, it took me a while to get what the words meant but that might be just me and my brain, I love the way you used all the pictures to tell the story. There is nothing I dislike about this entry

.Amy.- I love this entry, the black and white is perfect, I don't think I would of liked this entry as much if it was in colour, I think that is what really does to me, every think else is a finishing touch. Again, there is nothing I dislike about this entry.

Vote goes to dsingles

Battle 3:

I love this flutterby and you definitely put a lot of work into this, I love it. You definitely deserved to beat me in the 1st round :)

Battle 4:

sevenpuddings- I love this entry as it totally stood out from any other entry in this thread, I love the sepia tone and the quote makes it so efective.

aejdude- I love this entry, the colouring is super and I love the pictures used. I love the way you contrast between black and white and colour.

Vote goes to aejdude

Well done everybody :) Involved a lot of tough decisions

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Battle 1;

TLE-07 - Really good entry; I like the placement of the pics and the font chosen. Although I think the colouring is a bit 'in your face' and that the text is rather pixely.

Charlotte - I like the pictures you chose but I think theres a lot of empty space. I'm not a fan of the green stripes and I think its pixely as a whole. Having said thats its a good entry.

I vote Charlotte.

-

Battle 2;

dsingles - I really like the layout as a whole, really works well. But to me it looks like there hasn't been any colouring done to the pics at all. Or maybe that was the look you were going for, lol. Really like the text, though.

.Amy. - Great manipulation of the pics, actually looks like a real picture. I like the fact that its in black and white although I think it lacks in contrast. Also I think it'd look better with the picture centered and the text running along the bottom... ? I love the text just not the glow around it. Great entry overall.

I vote .Amy.

-

Battle 3;

flutterby - love this! The polaroids are a nice touch, and I like the colouring. The only fault, as such, is that I think the main cap is very blurry....

-

Battle 4;

sevenpuddings - favourite sig out of the lot. I adore the old look to it, and the quote fits perfectly. the picture itslf is very... captivating if thats the word, lol. Beautiful piece.

aejdude - good entry. I like the black and white versus colour. Although I think it looks odd how Ric fades into the background yet Rocco doesn't, if you get me. The bottom pictures look at little small and squished. With the likes of the third one, if I hadn't watched that scene over and over, it'd be hard to make out who it is. :P The order to is a little off; Rocco, Ric, Rocco, Rocco, Ric, Ric, both of them, Ric.... The text is very bold too, a little too bold, IMO.

I vote sevenpuddings.

-

Good luck to you all. :D

I will.

Battle #1

TLE-07 - I really like the layout of your entry. The pictures chosen are fantastic, and the layout really suits it nicely. However I think the colouring, with the overpowering blue detracts from the entry. The text placement also takes away from the entry. Perhaps making the banner a little bigger, and then the text could have been placed along the botton and the top.

Charlotte - The simplicity of this banner is good. It feels symetrical, so thats good. However the pictures you have used are plain, theres nothing exciting or adventurous about it. The text placed on the pictures is also plain and doesn't suit the graphics.

My vote goes to TLE-07

Battle #2

dsingles - I really like how you have taken pictures of totally unrelated storylines and make this make sense. Thats talent. I think the text, and the layout are fantastic. Although I would have liked to have seen more colouring on the pictures themselves.

.Amy. - Firstly I want to say great blending. Nice work with that. However I think the circles texture used over the top takes away from the banner itself. And I think maybe the text placement on the side would have worked better if you had left it horizontal so they would have been easier to read.

My vote goes to dsingles

Battle #3

flutterby - Such a passionate feeling. Well it makes me feel passionate. Which is exactly what it was supposed to do I suppose. The placement is great, I love the contrst. Fantastic.

So my vote goes to....flutterby!!!

Battle #4

sevenpuddings - Wow, conflict, you sure hit the nail on the head there. The picture used compliments the quote, and visa versa. The text, centrally placed and readable, adds to the overwhelming emotion. The muggy texture over the top completes the banner, giving the illusion of an old photograph.

aejdude - The layout of the banner is awesome. The context is perfect. And the choice of using some black & white images and some coloured images adds to the affect. However, the two main images clash, one leads out to white, the other to black. I might have been nice to have them facing each other, instead of backs to each other. Also the text, I think maybe having them directly under the person and having vs. right smack in the middle would have enhanced the image.

My vote goes to sevenpuddings.

OK...

Battle 1: TLE-07 vs. Charlotte:

TLE-07: I really like this sig. The layout is lovely. And I do like the blurry style effect thingy :P However, I do think it's a tad too blurry....

Charlotte: I love the font used for the text and the black and white striped stuff. I think either different pictures should have been used or the Jonah and Tasha ones should have been on opposite sides.

My vote: TLE-07

-

Battle 2: dsingles vs. .Amy.

dsingles: I love how you've made it look as though both events happening in the pictures are linked. (Martha's death possibly?) and the 2 pictures in the middle look great. But I think the colouring is a bit dull...

.Amy.: This is a really interesting sig. I love the whole black and white stuff. And the text is great! Not too keen on the scratch circle over Martha's head, but it's not too tragic.

My Vote: .Amy.

-

Battle 3: Lovely anyway. Love the polaroids in black and white. :D

-

Battle 4: sevenpuddings vs. aejdude

sevenpuddings: I love the colouring and how the quote matches the drama of the picture. But i think it looks a bit too grainy.

aejdude: I love the way the mini pictures are in colour. My only criticism is that the top of the writing for 'Rocco' blends with the stripe.

My vote: aejdude

-

great everyone :D

Well been put in here by 2 people now, so I may aswell vote to end this round :P

Battle 1:

TLE-07: I dont really like the orangey coloring, but the layout is fab.

Charlotte: Abit plain, but nice pictures. Like the text

Vote: Charlotte.

Battle 2:

Dsingles: I love this! The blending is aweosme and the text fits. Dont really like the way Jack looks like his pointing to a sky, but meh

Amy: Dont really like the odea of being black and white, but like the picture used. Also like the text, even though its abit hard to read.

Vote: Dsingles.

Battle 3:

Flutterby: Love the coloring :D I think the polorioads would have looked better if they were both the same size, but its awesome .

Amy: Your entry may be invisable, but I'm sure it wouldhave been great if you entered

Vote: Dont really have a choice do i :P

Battle 4:

Sevenpuddings: I love it. It is a tad plain but I love the text, fits perfectly.

Aaron: I dont really like the small icons at the bottom, maybe if they were bigger. Other then that, me likes it.

Vote: Sevenpuddings

• 2 weeks later...

I am assuming I can start a new thread seeing as the last round has been archived? Hope so :)

One on One Artwork Tournament #3 - Semi Finals

Battle 1: A Home and Away friendship.

Flutterby

RobKim-Flutterby.png

Charlotte

Belle-Cass-Charlotte.jpg

cass-belle-Charlotte.png

Battle 2: The Home and Away character who is most like you.

.Amy.

mattiewallpapercopy-Amy.png

sevenpuddings

jadewallpaper-Sevenpuddings.png

Please vote for your favourite in each battle along with your reasons/compliments/constructive critisism.

Voting will close on Friday 29th June at 8pm UK Time

:)

I don't usually vote in these things so I'm not sure if I'm doing it right but I'll have a go.

Battle A:

I liked the choice of Belle/Cassie and the simplistic style and neutral colours. I don't know why but I just think it might have made the friendship thing stronger if they were facing each other though.

The Robbie/Kim one. If you hadn't given the artists I'd have sworn on emmasi doing this, just because I thought it was a really strong visualisation of their friendship and I know she's obsessed with their pairing. (Thats a compliment to the artist btw :P) I loved the colours and the blending. Great choice of pictures, the way even the separate pictures of them seemed to echo each other. The similarities in body language and the brushes and colour scheme were all great.

So my winner for battle A is: Robbie and Kim.

Battle B:

Matilda: I loved the colouring. The bold and subtle mix of colours were great, her eyes really stood out and the pictures and text really suited each other. I thought you blended well and I liked the shading (not sure of the technical term) it just looked good.

Jade: What I really loved about this one was the originality. The pictures were great, a good mix of colous and black and white and I really felt like the pictures reflected the words. Great choice of words too, breakaway's a great song and I felt it really suited the pictures you chose. I liked how the colouring, the brushes (the shapes on the wall) and the hard edges on the pictures seemed to represent the angst state that I saw her being in.

For that reason my vote goes to: Jade

I chose my winners based on which entry I thought best captured the essence of the challenge, not being an expert on graphics. I hope that was ok. well done to all the entries, they were really great.

Archived