Harry Potter - love or hate it?

Guest freakybuffy

i've just order my copy from amazaon. no date has been given yet tho!

i know what you mean i really don't want Harry, Ron, Hermionie, Neville or Ginny gets killed off i would love it if harry and ginny plus ron and hermione got together. i can't wait to read it.

Don't forget that there was a Hallow in Charmed(for those who watched it) and it was something that was neither good nor evil, but still dangerous. And that would come under Voldermort and Harry, Voldermort being evil and Harry being good. I can't wait till the next film, why does it take so long to come out. The films used to always be out around November, and my sis and I would go to the cinema for a birthday party with friends (one way to see the film). When is the next film coming out?

good point about the hallow! HP films come out around 18-20 months apart. OOP comes out 13 july 07 and the HBP 21 nov 08

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i've just order my copy from amazaon. no date has been given yet tho!

i know what you mean i really don't want Harry, Ron, Hermionie, Neville or Ginny gets killed off i would love it if harry and ginny plus ron and hermione got together. i can't wait to read it.

Don't forget that there was a Hallow in Charmed(for those who watched it) and it was something that was neither good nor evil, but still dangerous. And that would come under Voldermort and Harry, Voldermort being evil and Harry being good. I can't wait till the next film, why does it take so long to come out. The films used to always be out around November, and my sis and I would go to the cinema for a birthday party with friends (one way to see the film). When is the next film coming out?

good point about the hallow! HP films come out around 18-20 months apart. OOP comes out 13 july 07 and the HBP 21 nov 08

So that's a birthday party for the HBP and my bday's on a Sat that yr.

I remember thinking that RAB was Regulus, but then I remember thinking that it couldn't be him. I don't know why. THEN I was thinking (a fevered fantasy) that it was Remus And Black, or simply Remus Black... as if Remus had taken Sirius' last name :wub:

It's probably nothing like that though.

In the 7th book I want it to be revealed that Tonks is a b**** for trying to pick up Sirius' scraps while Remus is still grieving. Then I want Remus to snap and tell her that he could never love her because the only person he's ever loved is dead!

I love the HP world. In spite of HP 5. God that book was a waste of time and energy. The only good thing that came out of it was the thestrals.

I wish they'd skip the stupid OOTP movie and go straight to HBP. I don't want to see OOTP. I don't want to see Sirius (if you can call Gary Oldman Sirius) stumbling around like an idiot, and then - oops! He fell behind a curtain! Guess he's dead then!

Argh. Just ARGH!!

Sirius is one of my 3 favourite characters (Lupin and Draco being the others). The third book is my favourite, but the movie's awful. I've gone on long rants about the reasons, but I'll spare you. Just know that it was self-endulgent and lame.

The 6th book is my second favourite, even though I can't actually remember a whole lot of it right now... mostly I remember the scene with Malfoy in the bathroom. I want to see that on screen. They'll probably deem it too violent or something though and cut it :rolleyes:

The second movie is my favourite. Giant snakes and Lucius. What more do you need? The fourth is probably better, but I have a special place in my heart for COS. And yeah, the spiders do scare me after a while :P

I agree that it's Regulus Black. Because we never got any good explanation for why he did. They said that Voldemort killed him, but why would he do that if Regulus was on his side? Plus, in the Norwegian book the initials at the end of the letter is R.A.S, and in the Norwegian books Regulus' name is Regulus Svaart.

I don't think Harry will die in the last book, because it seems like such a waste of seven books if you know what I mean. I don't think the author would just use seven books for the battle between the good and the bad, and then the hero dies and it's like "sorry guys, looks like Voldemort won. And since Harry died and there's no more books I guess we'll never know how it goes."

JK has told us that we will get an explanation of what happens to all the characters, but if you think about it killing Harry and leaving the power to Voldemort doesn't really put an end to the story at all, and she has also said that the seventh book will be the last and that everything we need to know will be in that book.

There is the option of both Harry and Voldemort dying of course...

Anyway, for those who hasn't been to www.mugglenet.com, here's a list of information about the seventh book:

Confirmed Information

On this page you can find several points of information we know about Book 7. Each of these points have been confirmed by an official JK Rowling source.

Character Information

* We will find out something "incredibly important" about Lily Potter

* We will find out who R.A.B. is

* We will discover more about Dumbledore's past

* We will discover where Snape's loyalties lie.

* Something will be revealed about Petunia Dursley, although it will not be that she is a Squib

* Viktor Krum will return (World Book Day, 2004 interview)

* We will see a reappearance of Dolores Umbridge - "It's too much fun to torture her not to have another little bit more before I finish." (MuggleNet/Leaky Interview)

* JKR has said, "There is a character who does manage, in desperate circumstances, to do magic quite late in life, but that is very rare..."

Plot Information

* Harry will face Voldemort for the final time

* Harry will be attempting to find and destroy Voldemort’s remaining Horcruxes

* Harry will return to the Dursleys' during the school vacation, but the magical protection Dumbledore arranged will expire on his 17th birthday when he comes of age

* Harry will visit Godric's Hollow

* There will be a reappearance of the two-way mirror

* We will see the wedding of Fleur and Bill Weasley

* The fact that Harry "has his mother's eyes" will prove to be an important plot point

* At least one character will die

Other

* The last word is expected to be "scar," but may change

* We will finally learn the full reason why some people become ghosts when they die and others don't

* The final chapter, which has already been written, will detail what happens to the characters that survive

* There will be no more Quidditch matches

Who do you think dies then Eli? I think two people, maybe Ginny and Neville? I'd say Ron or Hermione but now they've got this undercurrent of a relationship going I think JK will keep them together. She might also kill off some less important characters...I'm thinking Mr or Mrs Weasley? Or one of the brothers? And Draco has to go!

Archived