Harry Potter - love or hate it?

Guest freakybuffy

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh no! Not Draco! I actually felt sorry for him during the last book, and I don't think they should kill him. I'm thinking Snape first of all. Not so sure abot Ron and Hermione, because as you said I think JK will keep them together. Also not so sure about Ginny, because that would leave Harry alone. If she should die it would have to happen early in the book so there would be time to finish the story between Harry and her, and to build up a lot of guilt and hatred in Harry if you know what I mean. I don't think anyone will be killed off that early, so I'm not so sure about Ginny.

But I think either Molly or Arthur maybe (probably Arthur) and maybe McGonagall (did I spell it correctly?)

Hmm I don't know. The reason I thought Ginny is because it has to be at least one person who is very close to Harry, and very central to the plot, and as I said I don't think it will be Ron or Hermione. I know it would mean splitting Ginny and Harry up, but JK likes to be evil! I don't think that would put her off! Plus there are a lot of fans who aren't keen on the H/G relationship. Maybe another possibility is that Petunia plays some sort of role in the final book? I can see her finally coming to her senses and doing something to save Harry, possibly even dying in the process?

It says that something important about Petunia will be revealed...

I have tried putting two and two together from what we know about the 7th book, and what have been mentioned in other books.

I was thinking that Lily's love would save Harry, because in the 5th book someone (Dumbledore I think) said that the strongest power in the world that Harry owned so much of but Voldemort didn't know at all (or something like that) would be the strongest weapon. Of course this power is love (I think it was confirmed in the 6th book) so I thought that the fact that Harry has Lily's eyes would be kind of a sign of the protection his mother gave him because she loved him. But then again in the first book when Dumbledore talk about Lily, and Harry thinks his scar is a sign of protection Dumbledore says that "love doesn't leave a visible mark" (or something similar, I haven't read the books in English in a looong time now)

I'm gonna re-read the Norwegian books during the holidays just to fresh up my memory. Sometimes it helps reading in different languages, because you might discover details that aren't as visible in one language as another. I know it sounds stupid, but it's true.

Has anyone else heard to Emma Watson isn’t going to be in the last 2 films.

I hate to say it but i think that the films will be really poor and go downhill if the actors that play the main parts leave! It will just be different...in a bad way!

If Harry, Ron, Hermionie, Neville or Ginny gets killed then I will cry while reading it. It was bad enough when Dumbledore died!!!

I read a newspaper article the other day that said that two people are going to be killed off in the last novel. I am fairly sure that at least one of those characters will be in the two, so be prepared to get the tissues out.

My own personal theory for the last book: Spoilers for half blood prince!

I believe that Harry is going to be the seventh horcrux, hence the reason he gets the pains within his scar- there is a bit of Voldemort within him. This would mean that to kill Voldemort Harry has to kill himself, thus ending the books and making sure there is no going back for J.K.Rowling. It would also make sense of the two people that die! Any thoughts?

I agree with Liam9998204 about Harry. I also think that one of the Weasley's might die and you know that one of the Weasley brothers (the 3rd eldest) whose's working with the MOM (I forget his name), I think he's going to help Harry and go back to his family after ignoring them for years. And I don't think that Dumbledor's dead.

I hadn't even though about that :o

But it really makes sense... But I have to say, no matter how many people telling me Harry will die I have a feeling he won't. What if the last chapter will be connected with the very first one, "The boy who survived"?

Just an idea.

But I'd say if Harry dies, I think the way Liam said is the best suggestion I have seen.

I agree with Liam. I also think that Dumbledore didn't die. I think that he and Snape traded places via polyjuice and therefore Snape is dead. I think the reason "Dumbledore's" arm went all gooey was because Snape made the pact with Narcissa (?) and that fire thing went all up his arm... am I remembering this right? It's late... anyways, I specifically remember "Dumbledore" going to the bathroom at that guy's house. Who goes to the bathroom in a book for no reason? No one, that's who. Which makes me think he went in there to take the polyjuice potion. I also think that's why he didn't try to defend himself against Draco, because he made the pact to say that he wouldn't let anything happen to him. He can't very well curse Draco after saying that, can he?

Long and complicated theory that, but I'll be ever so smug if it actually happens :P

If there's going to be two deaths... well I guess Harry and Voldy are the obvious choices. I'd be interested to see Draco die doing something heroic though. It's not like he has anything to live for anyway. His life is so screwed.

Then again, it might be nice if Lupin died and met up with Sirius on the other side. *sigh...*

Oh, and based on those spoilers about someone developing powers late in life, I reckon it'll be Dudley. I seem to remember something about him freaking out over a dementor. We're lead to believe that he relived some horrible traumatic memory... what if he just SAW the dementor? That'd be pretty traumatic... I think only magical people can see them.

Archived