Harry Potter - love or hate it?

Guest freakybuffy

One of my relatives is going to visit the Warner Bros Studios in Leavesden. They know I enjoyed the Harry Potter books and movies and asked me if I was interested in something they could buy for me. So I was wondering if someone could tell me

a) what kind of gifts/souvenirs you can find in their shop.

b) how expensive those things cost. I have a feeling it's not going to be cheap.

Also, has anyone visited the studios yet? Is it worth a visit? Is the price worth it?

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want to go to it! Anyway I found this following post online about what they sell, however doesn't really have prices.

There are robes for sale: Snape's, Voldemort's, Dumbledore's and Hermione's Yule Ball dress. These are expensive.

You can buy the Gryffindor / Slytherin / Huffelpuff / Ravenclaw scarfs, gloves, hats, robes, jumpers and ties. You can also buy those flags the students wave with during Quidditch. They are quite cool. Ow, and golden snitches!

Lots of Hedwig teddies, but Fawkes, Buckbeak and that pet that Ginny has (can't remember the English name for that cute fluffy animal) are also available. The monster book is for sale as well.

Wands!

The books, the movies.

T-shirts, mostly Gryffindor or Slytherin, but also simple black ones (bit boring) with Harry Potter Studio Tour on them. There are Hogwarts scarfs with all house colours.

You can buy candy as well: things from Honeydukes, the famous chocolate frogs and Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans.

Broom sticks.

I very much liked the prop section, with the philosopher's stone, time turner necklace, snitch, chess game, horcrux ring, Hogwarts express model, jewelry, Marauder's Map (which I bought in Hamleys two years ago), Deathly Hallows symbol ..... these are also quite expensive and behind glass.

Lots of key rings of course, classic, and magnets.

That's about all I can remember. :)

In the end I bought the official guide book (9.95), a Gryffindor scarf (24.95) and a Marauder's Map drinking cup (9.95). I wanted to buy a key ring as well (about 7 I believe) but decided not to, I have so many already. I didn't buy a Hedwig teddy, and now regret not having done so :(

Post was on tripadvisor by sabrina_ide

Archived