Harry Potter - love or hate it?

Guest freakybuffy

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hehe. Not much chance of it being on my birthday...it's in January. :P

Same I am in late January so no chances of the final book coiming out on my birthday. Well at first I used to really like it but when the 3 and 4 movie came out I thought to my self how many bits have they miss out so I then decide to give my Harry Potter stuff to my friend's brother who loves it alot and I mean a mad HP fan so yeh I don't like it anymore but I say the 2nd film was the best of all the 4 movies that been release.

I agree i like the 2nd movie,i watched it last week and didnt really how good it actually was...but i also think the 3rd and 4th were really good aswell.

I finished my book last night(half-blood prince)

Couldnt believe that it was snape that was the prince,i never expected that..i was wondering when it would be revealed aswell,but when it got into all the action i forgot about it and then it just came up..i really never expected that.

I feel sorry for Draco,he is far too deep in something that deep down he is scared of..he didnt want to kill Dumbledore but yet couldnt find away to get out of it all,feeling like he had to beacuse of Voldemort..well thats my view anyway.

Im wondering how much will Draco be in in the next book and how he will be..Same with Snape,now that he has shown his true self,what will he be like.

I didnt like everything after Dumbledore had died,i felt Harry should of broken down more crying like he did with Cedric and after that in the hospital wing when people were shocked by Dumbledores death but didnt show how upset they were about it.

Mr and Mrs Weasley coming in and looking after Bill and then it goes on about Fleur still loving Bill no matter what he looked like..then it went to Tonks and Lupin and i hated that,not long after Dumbledore had died that was happening,I didnt think it was fitting to put that there so soon after Dumbledores death..

I did like how Hagrid was carrying on with everything that needed to be done but had broken down like no-one else had.

Also i thought the funeral was short,it just started and ended..it should of been longer.I did like the end scene with Harry saying that he has to carry on with everything Dumbledore had started and that Harry and Hermonie would be there along the way.

Im also wondering how many people will be in the next book.

Will we see McGonagall again,it is doubt that we will see the other Proffesors again but they were never apart of the main story,but what about McGonagall and Hagrid,will we see him again if Hogwarts isnt in the book.

I think if Hogwarts is in the book it wont be the same as before,Dumbledore not being there and Harry having moved on to become more independant from the school now that Dumbledore has gone..

But everything has revolved around Hogwarts and Hagrid is there along with McGonagall,where will it be set now..and no more Quidditch..

Also where is Gordic's Hollow? Has that been mentioned before? Beacuse i dont remember it..I thought it might have been Sirius's house,but i thought that had a normal address.

Im going to start reading the books again from the 1st,the books tell more than the film and you see it the way you want to see it and i havent read them in along time..

If I had based my liking of the series on the films, then I think I would've thrown the towel in a long time ago - IMO, the films are nowhere near as good as the books. The books allow you to use your imagination more and build up your own interpretation of the characters, whereas in the film everything is laid out for you - which I don't like. Also, I think the book conveys the subtle plot nuances better than the film, so any clues as to Book 7 (if there are any) are more likely to be found by careful reading of the book than the re-watching of the film. However, if you just take the series for what it is, instead of analysing it, then I think that the films are useful. Most people probably find it easier to watch a film than read a a book.

Thats what i like about books aswell,you are viewing it the way you want to,even though the writer has described everything it is still viewed different with each person that is reading it,i had watched i think the first 2 films before reading the book,but i remember reading the books first with the 3rd and 4th and i was disappointed when i then watched the movie,not only beacuse they leave alot out but beacuse it didnt show it the way i saw it when reading.

Archived