Harry Potter - love or hate it?

Guest freakybuffy

Well, I loved the 4 first books! But I think book 5 and 6 were a bit too long compared to what actualy content there was in them.. Too many pages with little or nothing happening.. They were still definately fun to read though!

But I think book 7 will determine a lot of what impression I will have of the series as a whole. The ending is very important for how you think about a series afterwards..

If it has a boom-bang-good ending, it doesn't matter if some of the middle stuff were a bit long-drawn. So that's what I hope for!

And definately no book 8 or more. Then I'll cry.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, according to this website, the title of Harry Potter 7 has been announced. I checked on the Bloomsbury site (the British publishers) to check if the title was there, like the article said, and it was. However, it said it had been announced on J.K.'s official site, and I couldn't find any mention of it on there. The fact that it's on the Bloomsbury site seems like a good indication it's real, though. It's called

'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallow'. My first thought when I saw this was Godric's Hollow - the place where Harry lived before his parents were killed. So, I was thinking that if Harry does die, which hasn't actually been confirmed, then maybe it could be there, and so therefore that's where the 'Deathly' bit comes in.

Argh! Im so excited for the 7th book! :) Although i will be sad also because it will all be over! :( My favourite books are 4 and 6 but then i do still like 1 aswell because its the original and my least favourite is book 5 but they are all good! My fave film is number 4 although i do like them all but i do prefer reading the books, because like others have said they miss bits out and change things in the films and when you read them you build up a picture of what everything looks like in your head and i love it when a book is really exciting and you just don't want to put it down! :) And now after reading this thread i am so wanting to re-read all the books but i no if i get started i won't be able to stop and i have so many essays to write! Argh! lol

I love Harry Potter :wub: i hope Voldemort is vanquished and the Wizarding world has a happy ending but with a small cliffhanger incase JK Rowling decides to write more books then there's something she can work with... Maybe if there is a brand new book after this last book the three leads could be teachers at Hogwarts but taking a back seat focusing on brand new characters who have to deal with a new threat...

Has anyone else heard to Emma Watson isn’t going to be in the last 2 films. :( I can’t wait for the last book. As long as she doesn’t kill Harry off. I don’t want it to be a sad ending like books 5 and 6. I cried like a baby. :( I know very sad. :P Can’t wait for the next film either it is my favourite book so far, just ask I’m writing this I feel a HP weekend is in order. :lol:

Don't forget that there was a Hallow in Charmed(for those who watched it) and it was something that was neither good nor evil, but still dangerous. And that would come under Voldermort and Harry, Voldermort being evil and Harry being good. I can't wait till the next film, why does it take so long to come out. The films used to always be out around November, and my sis and I would go to the cinema for a birthday party with friends (one way to see the film). When is the next film coming out?

Archived