The Rainbow Room

Guest Irish Fan

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bumping this thread in the hope Alexei will use it to entertain the masses! :lol:

Well, I am here, Si-Co (I hope you're not! :blink: Psycho that is.) and in a state of amazement (most people will tell you that they rarely observe me differently although they have less than flattering alternative words they use <_< ).

Anyway, as to state of amazement, I've been on the forums here since Sept last year and did not know this particular one existed. Now I have no choice but to spend my lunch break (as a 'housewife' I can make that last the rest of the day :) )to catch up on all the gossip since the The Rainbow Room came into existence.

PS I hate the terms housewife or househusband but homemaker, fulltime parent etc. get complicated.

Oh I forgot this thread existed! Neat :D

I'm neither a housewife nor a househusband. I'm a housechild... although that might imply that I actually do housework while spending all day at home while my parents toil in the fields. I wouldn't want to give anyone the wrong impression.

• 7 months later...

I definitely see your point, but it's still why I don't label myself as bisexual/lesbian - I have never been in a relationship with a person of the same sex, and I am happy to be classified as "heterosexual" if that's how people conceive me, because I'm in a heterosexual relationship. But, at the same time, if I were to label myself as bi, I think I would feel obliged to "prove" it, if you understand what I'm trying to say?

Now that this thread is alive again I thought I'd reply to a... two year old post :P

Anyway, I totally get what you mean, Mar. I identify myself as heterosexual (I'll get back to that :P) as well, but that being said I'm pretty sure I could have feelings for women as well, I have been attracted to women, but never been in love with anyone of the same sex or felt as strongly about a female as I have about male. But then again, that could just be a coincidence, who knows?

When I say this I should probably "label" myself bisexual or something, but I don't, because I don't really feel bi (plus, I really get what you're saying about proving it, Mar). Whether it's a cultural thing or an old habit or just the way it is I don't know, but I concider myself heterosexual, and I've always thought that if people are to put labels on love and sexuality in the first place, it should be based on how they feel and see themselves. By that I mean that even if a woman conciders herself a lesbian but occasionally has loving or sexual feelings for men, that doesn't necessarily make her bi as long as she doesn't concider herself bi. Did that make sense?

Also, you may have noticed that I said I identify myself as heterosexual, not straight, this is not a coincidence :P

I do concider myself heterosexual, but I don't know if I'd say I'm straight. To me there's a slight difference there, and I'm not saying that just based on my dedication and obsession for gay rights etc. You're probably just shaking your heads right now, thinking I'm completely clueless :P

Someone said earlier in this thread (about two years ago I think...) that he felt like a "lesbian trapped in a man's body", and I kinda get that. In one way I see myself (and a lot of people have said it to me as well) kind of like a gay man trapped in a woman's body. I don't mean I'm transgender or anything like that, I'm very happy being a female, it's more of a... Okay, seriously I don't really know how to describe it, it's just the way I see it.

So yeah, to sum it up: I think you should get to choose how you want to be defined; I'm heterosexual, but not straight.

(I swear that was one very strange post that probably didn't make much sense...)

I certainly get some of what you're saying, Eli.

You class yourself as heterosexual, but you possibly could be, or have been, attracted to women. Plenty of gay men and gay women have been or still are occasionally attracted to the opposite sex, but not to the point where they would identify themselves as bisexual.

It's all about how you feel comfortable identifying yourself, rather than there being some dictionary definition that applies to each one of us.

You explain it well Si-Co. I'm married to a woman and we have children but I definitely identify as a gay man and not in the least bisexual (it's a very common misconception that gays cannot 'get it up' with women).

Archived