The Rainbow Room

Guest Irish Fan

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just wanted to drop by and post a recommendation for you all. A while ago (I didn't think of posting this here until now) I saw a documentary called "For the Bible tells me so". It's basically a documentary about very typical Christian, American families and their way of dealing with, (or failure to do so) and coming to terms with having a gay child.

In the documentary you get to hear the stories of five (I think it was five anyway) different families, all religious, and how having a gay child affected their faith and family. It also takes a closer look at the arguments most commonly used when trying to justify hate against gay people by using the Bible, and a lot of religious authority people (Desmond Tutu is probably the most famous of them) are interviewed and comment on the use of certain verses from the Bible in this conflict.

It doesn't matter if you're not religious or gay (I'm neither, but it's one of the best movies I've seen, probably THE best documentary), it's still a great and important documentary. A lot of people have said that it's a very important documentary, and that EVERYONE should see it once because it would make the world a better place. I honestly agree with every single word of that. I actually believe that a few eyes have been opened with that documentary, because it is truly touching and beautiful.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm often considered bisexual by other people, however I am straight to an extent anyway. Just beacuse I notice woman and amn't afraid to say she's hot or something like that doesn't mean I'm actually bi/lesbian. Unfortunatly certain people can't get that into their heads.

People are weird.

I'm still happily bisexual, even more so now that that delightful Charlie Buckton has been talking to me during SBO *swoons* :wub:

I think people want to assume I'm a lesbian because I'm not very feminine and people have stereotypes about that sort of thing, but then I go and drool over every boy with a pulse, and they get very confused :P. THEN I start looking at the chicks too and they're like, "Make up your mind!" Well, I have. I want them all :wub:

One CaR sandwich with a side of Adelle, please :ph34r:

People are weird.

I'm still happily bisexual, even more so now that that delightful Charlie Buckton has been talking to me during SBO *swoons* :wub:

I think people want to assume I'm a lesbian because I'm not very feminine and people have stereotypes about that sort of thing, but then I go and drool over every boy with a pulse, and they get very confused :P. THEN I start looking at the chicks too and they're like, "Make up your mind!" Well, I have. I want them all :wub:

One CaR sandwich with a side of Adelle, please :ph34r:

So glad I'm not only thinking she's totally hot! She's officially on the list of women I would give up my sexuality for and go out with :P

I kinda like that expression Cal (I think it was Cal anyway) made up... Braight or something, basically just meaning that since I believe that most people in the word are some degree of bi, whether they consider themselves straight, gay or bi, I'm saying "It's not impossible."

I have no problem admitting that I find some women attractive, but I consider myself straight. However, that being said (which brings me back to the Braight thing) I'm saying that there's a possibility I might get feelings for another female at some point, it could probably happen.

Archived