The Autograph Thread

Now these aren't mine nor should this message be take as a solicitation to buy, but since people are consistently asking about fancards and how to obtain them, there is an auction right now on eBay for a basically complete set of B&W fancards from the "The Glory Years" of 1993-1996.

In my opinion, these earlier cards are extremely hard to fake due to how they were originally printed as well as due to the fact that most of them are quite rare by now and therefore are likely all authentic fancards.

Although they all appear to be unsigned it is still rare to find all of these in one place. Pretty good way to start off your collection...

Hi

Just to let everyone know..

The seller with the B/W collection of cards on Ebay has many times taken cards of Ebay, even though there has been bids made.

He often changes his Ebay user name.

Don't be surprised if he do it again.

Has anyone had any replies from Luke Jacobz or Josh Quong Tart??

To my knowledge Josh Quong Tart doesn't sign. I have a Luke Jacobz signature on a poster signed by the entire cast (minus JQT). However, the autographs on that poster were commissioned by Esther Anderson so I don't know if he signs regularly or not?

As far as that seller on eBay goes, I'm unfamiliar with his handle and I have personally never seen him sell fancards on eBay before.

I have sent letters for both Josh and Luke, and had no replies.

The seller lives in Ireland. Not many Home and away fancard sellers lives in the same city / country.

Check out the sellers item location when they are from Ireland..

Just a tips..

Will try and send Josh another letter.Also the three River boys.

Is there a reason they are called the River boys?

Haven't seen their episodes yet, I live in Sweden and we are far behind.

Hopefully some of them will replay.

Last letter I got was from Charles Cottier. He also sent a signed fancard.

Got home from work today to find two home and away letters. Two replies- yeah

First from Lisa Gormley. She sent me a signed fancard and letter. Took 44 days.

Second from new boy Dan Ewing (who plays Heath Braxton). He also sent a signed fancard and letter. Took only 14 days.

Out of the three River boys I sent letters to I thought he'd be the least likely to sign yet his was the first back. I hope I get replies from the other new boys soon.

maciam: the River Boys are called so as they come from Mangrove River. So they got the name River Boys.

Second from new boy Dan Ewing (who plays Heath Braxton). He also sent a signed fancard and letter. Took only 14 days.

Out of the three River boys I sent letters to I thought he'd be the least likely to sign yet his was the first back. I hope I get replies from the other new boys soon.

maciam: the River Boys are called so as they come from Mangrove River. So they got the name River Boys.

Thanks, Yellow..

Thanks, Yellow..

Out of the cast.. Which ones replay to their fanmail?

I only know which ones I have from + Dan Ewing and Lisa Gormley.

I have sent to everyone except the three River boys, which I will soon do.

Not ,many sent back.

It seems mostley the younger ones replay.

These are the people I've written to, and have had replies from:

Alf Stewart

Colleen Stewart

Marilyn Chambers

Irene Roberts

Rachel Holden

Charlie Buckton

Ruby Buckton

Liam Murphy

Sid Walker

Indigo Walker

Dexter Walker

Romeo Smith

April Scott

Bianca Scott

These are the people who haven't replied:

Morag Bellingham

Leah Patterson-Baker

Tony Holden

Miles Copeland

Nicole Franklin

Angelo Rosetta

Xavier Austin

Gina Austin

John Palmer

Elijah Johnson

And I sent letters to these yesterday:

Roo Stewart

Darryl Braxton

Heath Braxton

Casey Braxton

I know that people have had replies from Nicole, Xavier, Gina and Elijah. But I wrote to them years ago now and they never replied. Esther Anderson who plays Charlie is very good at replying, so is Luke Mitchell aka Romeo.

Alf Stewart

Colleen Stewart

Marilyn Chambers

Irene Roberts

Rachel Holden

Charlie Buckton

Ruby Buckton

Liam Murphy

Sid Walker

Indigo Walker

Dexter Walker

Romeo Smith

April Scott

Bianca Scott

Morag Bellingham

Leah Patterson-Baker

Tony Holden

Miles Copeland

Nicole Franklin

Angelo Rosetta

Xavier Austin

Gina Austin

John Palmer

Elijah Johnson

Roo Stewart

Darryl Braxton

Heath Braxton

Casey Braxton

I know that people have had replies from Nicole, Xavier, Gina and Elijah. But I wrote to them years ago now and they never replied. Esther Anderson who plays Charlie is very good at replying, so is Luke Mitchell aka Romeo.

Yeah that is basically it right there. If anyone wants to have an idea of who generally replies and who doesn't consult this list. In all my time, I haven't seen many replies from either Tessa or David so I'm not sure if that is actually a unique situation with them not writing back to you. Jay was gone from the show for awhile so it's possible that your letter just never reached it's destination. No idea what happened with Sonia Todd though, I'd try writing her again as I've seen a few replies from her.

Also to my knowledge both Laurie Foell (Angie/Josie) and Holly Brisley (Amanda) still respond to fanmail even though they are no longer with the show. No idea if anyone else does the same but it is pretty classy of them to do so.

Alf Stewart

Colleen Stewart

Marilyn Chambers

Irene Roberts

Rachel Holden

Charlie Buckton

Ruby Buckton

Liam Murphy

Sid Walker

Indigo Walker

Dexter Walker

Romeo Smith

April Scott

Bianca Scott

Morag Bellingham

Leah Patterson-Baker

Tony Holden

Miles Copeland

Nicole Franklin

Angelo Rosetta

Xavier Austin

Gina Austin

John Palmer

Elijah Johnson

Roo Stewart

Darryl Braxton

Heath Braxton

Casey Braxton

Yeah that is basically it right there. If anyone wants to have an idea of who generally replies and who doesn't consult this list. In all my time, I haven't seen many replies from either Tessa or David so I'm not sure if that is actually a unique situation with them not writing back to you. Jay was gone from the show for awhile so it's possible that your letter just never reached it's destination. No idea what happened with Sonia Todd though, I'd try writing her again as I've seen a few replies from her.

Also to my knowledge both Laurie Foell (Angie/Josie) and Holly Brisley (Amanda) still respond to fanmail even though they are no longer with the show. No idea if anyone else does the same but it is pretty classy of them to do so.

These I have had replies from

Nicholas Bishop x 2 ( one of the replies only took 4 days from Australia to Sweden!)

Paul O'Brien ( I sent one letter and got 2 different signed cards)

Luke Mitchell

Axle Whitehead

Lyn Collingwood

Rebecca Breeds

Esther Anderson

David Jones-Roberts

Emily Symons x 2

Samara Weaving

Rhiannon Fish

Charles Cottier

Some of the only sent a signed card, some of them even sent short messages/ A4 handwritten letters.

So, do people still send letters to Laurie Foell and Holly Brisley to the Home and away address, and get replies?

Or where do they send them?

I'm glad you like my list. :) I may write again to Sonia Todd then. :)