The Autograph Thread

Second from new boy Dan Ewing (who plays Heath Braxton). He also sent a signed fancard and letter. Took only 14 days.

Yellow601 - do you have a scan of your Dan Ewing fan card? I'm curious as to what it looks like. Plus the letter if you can scan it! I love him! :wub:

So, do people still send letters to Laurie Foell and Holly Brisley to the Home and away address, and get replies?

Or where do they send them?

To quote myself from earlier in the thread:

You can reach Laurie at:

Laurie Foell

c/o Mollison Keightley Management

139 Cathedral Street

Woolloomooloo, NSW 2011

Australia

Laurie is always grateful to hear from her fans - I should also point out that she now has an official Facebook page where she's guaranteed to read your messages/answer any questions :wink:

You can send mail to Holly at:

Holly Brisley

c/o Bedford & Pearce Management

2/263-269 Alfred Street North

North Sydney, NSW 2060

Australia

Funnily enough I've never really been a fancard collector, though I do have a signed Lyn Collingwood one that I picked up a few years back, and an unsigned card of the 1997 cast - plus a few old publicity pics from the 90's.

The only other fancards I have were signed ones I got in person from Kate Ritchie, Bec Cartwright, Danny Raco and Dan Collopy when we did the fan stuff on our first night in LA in 2002.

As for other autographs, I have a H&A beach bag signed by Kate, Bec, Norman Coburn, Chris Egan and Kim Cooper - and a script of Sally's final episode signed by the whole cast.

Think that's the lot....might be one or two more which have escaped me (not counting a few christmas/birthday cards as 'autographs'.... :ph34r: )

I've got a few fancards, though not really something I collect. I certainly look at some of the figures on Ebay which seem absolutely absurd.

Yeah they are pretty absurd but another way of looking at it is that it is amazing that actors that are virtually unknown in the world's largest media marketplace are still garnering such high figures for their fancards and autographs.

As far as my collection goes, I'm pretty selective about what I'm looking for when it comes to Aussie soaps. I have little to no interest in personalized fancards so I usually stick with the unsigned fancards or the unpersonalized fancards. Here is what I have:

Isla Fisher x2 (Unpersonalized signed fancard and unsigned fancard)

Isabel Lucas (Unsigned fancard)

Dieter Brummer (Unsigned fancard)

Shane Ammann (Unsigned fancard)

Lyn Collingwood (Unpersonalized signed fancard)

Jessica Tovey x2 (Unpersonalized signed fancard and unsigned fancard)

Tammin Sursok x2 (Unpersonalized signed fancard and unsigned fancard)

Esther Anderson (Unpersonalized signed fancard)

Melissa George x2 (Unpersonalized signed fancard and unsigned fancard)

2008-2009 Cast Signed Poster (minus Josh Quong Tart)

Pippa Black (Unpersonalized signed fancard)

The Melissa George signed fancard is probably my favorite out of all of them due to the fact that she signed it as both "Melissa" and "Angel". I doubt she'll be signing her autograph in that manner ever again.

Edited by jldraw

Awhile back someone was asking about a signed Jessica Tovey fancard. There is unpersonalized autographed one on eBay right now. By looking at the fancard, I believe that the autograph is authentic in that it is actually a genuine autographed piece by Jessica Tovey. What I can't say for sure obviously is if the fancard itself is a reprint or not.

Also I just purchased an unpersonalized autographed Lisa Gormley fancard off eBay. Hope to god it's authentic. Either way I'll keep the forum updated as to how the transaction turns out.

Edited by jldraw

Got the best ever reply from Steve Peacocke today. Mine was his first ever fanmail letter which he said he would forever remember. I'm not normally the gushy type when it comes to letters, I just do it as a hobby as I enjoy sending them out and getting replies and letter actors know how much I respect what they are doing. But this I just had to share like a teenager school girl.

I sent a poster of the river boys and asked if he could sign it. I signed it and got the two others to sign too. He also sent a signed fancard and got Lincoln Younes and Emily Symons to sign a fancard for me too. And he sent me a very long letter. Girls incase you didn't know Steve Peacocke has a girlfriend. He mentioned in passing saying him and his girlfriend read my letter and were debating how old I was- I'm 21 for the record. This is one of my best success ever. Besides Esther Anderson as she always writes me long letters and signs whatever since I write her so much.

Hope you all get a reply soon from Steve.

Will put up photos of fancards and posters soon.