Alf Stewart - Ray Meagher

Dean

They could get Alexandra Fowler (Angela from Sons and Daughters) to play Debra as she is the age that the character should be.

It would be interesting Cornelia playing her older sister rather than kind of stepmother as in Sons and Daughters.

It is about time they brought in a few more veterans to Home and Away. They used to be really good at it in the early days. They could even bring in Anne Tenney (Real life wife of Shane Withington) and she could be his one and off screen interest.

It may be the best way forward to save veteran audiences as well as the younger audiences.

• Like 3

I may be wrong but when Debra was mentioned I don't think they ever clarified she was another sister. Maybe she was there cousin or a close friend.

You're right in that it wasn't explicitly said on screen, but she was listed as a sister in the aforementioned character background for Alf - so she was certainly there as a sister in the minds of the show's creators at least.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I think Alf having a story is much needed. I thought Roo being taken ill might do it but he hardly had one line while sat in that damn hospital. I hope we see more of him and his support. Sitting by her bedside with a couple of lines does not count as a story line.

• Like 1

They could get Alexandra Fowler (Angela from Sons and Daughters) to play Debra as she is the age that the character should be.

It would be interesting Cornelia playing her older sister rather than kind of stepmother as in Sons and Daughters.

It is about time they brought in a few more veterans to Home and Away. They used to be really good at it in the early days. They could even bring in Anne Tenney (Real life wife of Shane Withington) and she could be his one and off screen interest.

It may be the best way forward to save veteran audiences as well as the younger audiences.

Ali Fowler would be good in H&A as Deborah. Not forgetting she was in Neighbours in 1986 as Zoe Davis.

• 2 years later...

Wow. It's definitely been quite some time since this thread has been thought of.

I wanted to acknowledge Ray's work during the Anzac Day storyline last year. It was very well done indeed and Ray portrayed Alf exquisitely.

The character of Alf and the longevity of Ray in Summer Bay is all that is keeping me tuning in to what is happening in the Bay these days.

Edited by SunnyG12

I was just thinking there that Alf is underused, but he still does appear quite often and is at the centre of Summer Bay House, where he should be. At least he hasn't been pushed into the background, like Irene has been for quite a while. I guess Alf is mellowing a bit in his latter years. I miss the fiery Alf from the first 10 years of the show. Given how H&A has been over the past few years, I would be tempted to give up watching once Alf leaves (hopefully not for a long time yet though), unless the series radically improves.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...