Alf Stewart - Ray Meagher

Dean

I love the fact that Alf is still around, he is like the backbone of the show and i would really miss him if he wasn't around :(i just wish the writers would give him a bit more of a storyline, they seem to have forgotten about him recently.

True. Such a waste - especially when they pay Ray so much.

I reckon the show moving away from all the cop stuff (hopefully) will mean more Alf screen-time.

Yeah he does deserve more screentime and some storylines!

But I guess this happens in a lot of shows, they always leave the older characters sort of redundant without any storyline which is kinda sad seeing as Alf has been the only remaining original cast member!

If Alf left I can't say it would affect me so much but I think thats only because I forget he is there half the time. If he dissapeared I don't think I'd miss him to be honest , one of these days he is just going to fade into obscurity and turn into a Madge Wilkins kinda character :P its either that or he will fade into the wallpaper in SBH!

When he and Sally were both there I definitely preferred Sally to Alf , but again I think that was more to do with the storylines that we're given to Kate/Sally and then from that the inevitable character growth that followed the strong storylines she was involved with. Alf hasn't had any character growth and we haven't seen Alf dealing with much as a character at all over the last few years. Maybe if he was given the storylines aqnd air time he deserves he could become a greater force within the bay!!

• 5 months later...

What an odious man. I've nearly died several times at this mans hand, and yet everybody seems to love him. One day the true evil in his heart will be revealed, you mark my words. In the meantime, I shall lurk in the shadows waiting to give him the biggest splinter of his life.

What an odious man. I've nearly died several times at this mans hand, and yet everybody seems to love him. One day the true evil in his heart will be revealed, you mark my words. In the meantime, I shall lurk in the shadows waiting to give him the biggest splinter of his life.

Watch it Mr Oddly he might bury you again

• 10 months later...

I suspect Alf's attitude towards the River Boys might be the same as John's or Colleen's, thinking they're a bunch of scruffy layabouts who should get out of town.It's a shame that so much has gone on without him there, although you do wonder how they would have treated him:People said it was a shame he didn't get to say goodbye to Nicole but their relationship would probably have been forgotten about along with her relationships with Miles and Romeo.

I'm definately looking forward to Alf and Brax's work relationship!

They'll be working together quite a lot now seeing as Alf owns downstairs (I think) and Brax now owns Angelo!

I'd say he'll probably have a love/hate relationship with Brax, like the rest of the town have!

Edited by LauraPhilly!!