Alf Stewart - Ray Meagher

Dean

4 hours ago, Homeandawayfan. said:

What makes anyone think Ray is going to throw in the towel soon??

You knows what can happen. You can ask Neighbours how they handled breaking news Actors leaving without notice with everyone thinking they would come back. Ray could decide to leave and Im sure they ask him to stay. Yet working on a series is hard on older actors and even younger ones.

I'm sure TPTB would hope Ray stays for as long as possible, since I imagine a certain portion of the audience only watch because he's still there. But I'm sure it has crossed the minds of TPTB that if he decided to call it a day during the 30th anniversary year, it would (conveniently) provide the opportunity for a massive storyline to mark the milestone.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gerard said:

I'm sure TPTB would hope Ray stays for as long as possible, since I imagine a certain portion of the audience only watch because he's still there. But I'm sure it has crossed the minds of TPTB that if he decided to call it a day during the 30th anniversary year, it would (conveniently) provide the opportunity for a massive storyline to mark the milestone.

Spot on If he was to go they loose many fans and it hurt the show. To add from what I hear fans on social media not too pleased not only with H&A but Aussie TV in general with its current stories  and talent.

On 5/19/2017 at 8:26 AM, 630si said:

I guess it's possible. Nothing has been announced but I wouldn't blame Ray for wanting to see out the 30th anniversary :)

They don't announce cast exits these days though, but they may make a special exception for Ray Meagher though? 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...