Alf Stewart - Ray Meagher

Dean

I do not remember a mention of Debra Stewart even in the early days. I knew about Morag, Celia and Barbara but when has Debra actually been mentioned?

She was shown in the flashback from Alf's childhood in 2010, also mentioned by Celia In 1988.

Yup it was literally just that one mention from Celia and she was never heard of again. It was due to the continued discussion of her on BTTB (plus a few mentions from myself) that Bevan Lee ensured her existance would be included in the 2010 flashback.

Short character profile for her here

I do not remember a mention of Debra Stewart even in the early days. I knew about Morag, Celia and Barbara but when has Debra actually been mentioned?

She was shown in the flashback from Alf's childhood in 2010, also mentioned by Celia In 1988.

Yup it was literally just that one mention from Celia and she was never heard of again. It was due to the continued discussion of her on BTTB (plus a few mentions from myself) that Bevan Lee ensured her existance would be included in the 2010 flashback.

Thanks for the info Dan :)

I would love Debra to be introduced to the show one day. Sadly, it will probably never happen.

After reading her character profile I was surprised to read that she was born in 1960 :o. I was thinking more like 1950 or even the late 1940s.

After reading her character profile I was surprised to read that she was born in 1960 :o. I was thinking more like 1950 or even the late 1940s.

That came from the original character background info for Alf from when the show first started - there's always debate as to what should be denoted as 'canon', but I find it's easiest to take something as given until proved otherwise on screen (unless it's a particularly bad continuity error, then I just tend to go with what the show's creators intended :P).

I don't know if it's the fact that it was the eighties or such, or the fact that 30-40 year olds are played and portrayed differently in the current media to what they were, but I'm surprised at how young some of the early cast were and were supposed to be. For instance, Fiona Spence, I don't believe looks much older than when she was a regular, and it was surprise to me that the character (and actress) was only in their late 30's at the time. Obviously part of that was character. You compare it to recent people of that age and they are completely different.

Wow I can't believe Fiona Spence was 39 when she joined Home and Away... I thought she was in her 50s :o

Yes it was quite a shock realising that she was a lot younger than she looked when she first appeared on the show back in 1988.

Right now Sally is only five years younger than when we first saw Celia on our screens. The mind boggles :P

Celia born 1960? Never. More like 1950. Although H&A is known for creating characters quite a lot younger than the actor who plays them. Morag is about 7 or 8 years younger than the actress who plays her. Although Alf is only a year younger than Ray Meagher. In 1994 Ray was 50 but back then I thought he was 60.

Edited by Homeandawayfan.

Celia born 1960? Never. More like 1950. Although H&A is known for creating characters quite a lot younger than the actor who plays them. Morag is about 7 or 8 years younger than the actress who plays her. Although Alf is only a year younger than Ray Meagher. In 1994 Ray was 50 but back then I thought he was 60.

No it is 1950, as the show started in 1988 so she'd be about 37-38 years old in the show. The actress was born in 1948 so therefore she was 39 when the show started filming for the very first time.

Therefore I'm not sure how you pulled out 1960 out of nowhere :unsure:

No it is 1950, as the show started in 1988 so she'd be about 37-38 years old in the show. The actress was born in 1948 so therefore she was 39 when the show started filming for the very first time.

Therefore I'm not sure how you pulled out 1960 out of nowhere :unsure:

I think he may have confused with Debra's birthdate as I remeber reading somewhere that she was born in 1960.