Are Five the right people to show H&A anymore?

Guest James Martin

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can just think in 2027 when two people die every episode the Five execs sitting around a table saying "I wish Seven would stop making this ****e, we've got better things to put on at half three in the morning."

Ryan, with 334534 posts:

This is crap, but I still tape every episode.

Ste, with slightly less posts:

This is crap, do they even care that two of Sally's 12 foster children died yesterday. It wasn't like this in 2006 when Dan Bennett wrote.

Des,

I capped todays episodes with DVD recorder on finger, to transport to computer where burn for stratoshperic signal.

IluvElspeth2027:

Wt gg to hn to Sy in Sr By He En.

You can just think in 2027 when two people die every episode the Five execs sitting around a table saying "I wish Seven would stop making this ****e, we've got better things to put on at half three in the morning."

Ryan, with 334534 posts:

This is crap, do they even care that two of Sally's 12 foster children died yesterday. It wasn't like this in 2006 when Dan Bennett wrote.

Des,

I capped todays episodes with DVD recorder on finger, to transport to computer where burn for stratoshperic signal.

IluvElspeth2027:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We are talking about the channel that paid more for Joey than it does for CSI, which was getting 4 times as many viewers as joey last year. They also paid more for Joey than C4 paid for Lost, which at one point was getting 8 times as many viewers as Joey. (900K vs 7.6M)

The point is, sometimes five aren't very bright!

Edit: "THE NUMBERS ARE BAD! THE NUMBERS ARE BAD!" (Sorry, I love that show.)

Ryan, with 334534 posts:

Des,

IluvElspeth2027:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL... so true :lol:

Channel five are promoting home and away alot on there new channel called five2.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Has the channel started yet? It's not on freeview yet, is it? :o

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

five2 is on sky now, don't know what time home and away is on.

Well, who else could show it? The producers of neighbours would be unhappy if the bbc started with H+A, and neighbours is an important show to the beeb, ITV treated the show like crap, and all of C4s shows on around the time H+A would be on- Countdown, Deal or no Deal, R+J, the newly signed Paul O Grady, the simpsons, hollyoaks, C4 news- are all on long term contracts and could not be moved for H+A.

Also I believe I read on teletext that five is now the only channel in the UK allowed to show new episodes of H+A, around the time the contract was 1st signed. We are kind of stuck with them. And I do not actually mind that much.

Edit: though ironically ironically enough, there was an article on the mediaguardian 'site about O Grady jumping ship last week, which appeared to imply ITV regreted the loss of home and away.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes ITV regret losing Home and Away. Its been 6 years almost since FIVE got the rights and Paul O Grady is about the only sucessful series that has been shown at 5pm since Home and Away.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived