Are Five the right people to show H&A anymore?

Guest James Martin

I usually watch Home and Away on Rte not Channel 5 but i agree with the idea other memebrs had about it been shown on E4.

They promote the hell out of their shows like Hollyoaks,Oc,Smallville etc.

They would defintly show the episodes more than once as well in the face of a onibus or repeat next day or morning as they repeat all their other shows.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree that 5 should advertise more and perhaps bring back the omnibus, but i find that because i'm lucky enough to have some half days at college, any episode that i've missed, i can catch at lunch time the next day. Or just any episode that i want to see again :P

Like many people, i missed a lot of H&A due to the switch to channel 5. However, as the channel is fairly popular now, if it tries, it can regain the audiences it lost.

Kind of off topic but; how much would it cost to buy the whole commercial break once a day? Then they could just have promos of their own shows! Lol, unlikely, but it would be like watching cool mini movies!

xxx

I have said this before, but we are better off, staying with channel 5. As if H&A changed to another station, it will not last long because of the competition on the other channels. It would be axed, and we want see it at all then. So it is a case of the beter Devil we know. And channel 5, this week have started showing promos, even though it was one, days ago, and have not seen it since at all.

i'm sure i read somewhere that ITV used to cut the show, is this true? And could five be doing it?

Five have cut the show but not very often compared to itv who threw out a whole episode on more than 1 occasion

Archived