Are Five the right people to show H&A anymore?

Guest James Martin

When I go home from university in Manchester to North Yorkshire (think Emmerdale) I cannot get five or freeview. So unless my parents stick a huge dish on the side of their house I will be without H&A all summer. Therefore I think H&A should be moved back to ITV and shown at 5.10 (much better than Richard Hammonds "show"). It is so unfair that other parts of the UK can see this show, but we can't. Anyone else in my position have any ideas on how to make five increase their coverage???

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah, when me and my friend go away in her caravan which is quite frequently in the holidays, there are only certain places we can get channel 5 on the caravan tv which is well annoying. although, i should be thankful we at least get it at home.

like others have said i don't really watch channel 5 other than for h&a so i don't notice the promotion it gets (or doesn't get, i suppose).

and it's on at a great time for me, as i get home from college at about 5:15pm, so i have enough time to get my tea ready for h&a :-D

x

Anyone else in my position have any ideas on how to make five increase their coverage???

Unfortunatly, it's unlikely to happen now, with the digital switchover happening in the next 5-7 years. I was in your position for about three years, and then got freeview - we had to have our aerial upgraded, but there's no need for a box. It all depends what lengths you're willing to go for, for Home and Away! :lol:

Five picked up exactly where ITV left off, ITV were only a few weeks behind when they took it off (at one point they were less than a week behind Australia) so we were about 13 months behind when it came back in July 2001. So because Five have shown it every weekday since then (even Christmas Day when it falls on a weekday) we have caught up quite a bit.

Five picked up exactly where ITV left off, ITV were only a few weeks behind when they took it off (at one point they were less than a week behind Australia) so we were about 13 months behind when it came back in July 2001. So because Five have shown it every weekday since then (even Christmas Day when it falls on a weekday) we have caught up quite a bit.

Great I'm glad we didnt miss anything!!!! I prefer having H&A on evryweekday anyway.

I didn't know anything about Home and Away until my friend told me, and I had watched every other soap at least once. So it really isn't that well advertised. I think it should move to another channel, or channel 5 should put the omnibus back on, coz i can't catch up when i miss 1. And i hate missing 1's with Jack in, he's so cute!

channel 5 should put the omnibus back on, coz i can't catch up when i miss 1. And i hate missing 1's with Jack in, he's so cute!

I soo agree!

Or maybe, it should be moved to Channel 4, bcos then hopefully they'll advertise more, and replay episodes! They love doing that! lol On E4 and stuff, it wud b great!

Archived