What things never made sense to you on Home and Away?

cymbaline

We've seen plenty of silly storylines and they're fun. These aren't quite silly storylines but they're still a bit daft to my mind

1. Killing Bobby off, then writing Greg out within weeks. 

2. Promoting Ken Smith to the opening credits, then killing him off before you could say "Watch that car!"

3. On that note, never promoting Andrew Foley, Stacey Macklin or Ryan Lee to the opening credits. Goodness knows all three were around for long enough.

4. That tiny sofa in Pippa's house. It was ridiculous in so many ways.

5. Fireplaces and heating stoves in some of the houses. If it's always sunny in Summer Bay why were they in the houses? I don't remember noticing fires lit in any of them. 

Donald having a brother and sister and then years later telling Seb he's an only child. 

Alf's parents were supposed to be alive in 1988 and then in 2003  Morag said her father died 16 years ago. Colleen was meant to have a sister who she went to  live with in 1989 and in 2008 Colleen said I’ve never had a sister.

Bobby grandparents leaving Bobby behind. 

• Like 2

Heather. The storyline was dreadful but if they wanted to create a secret daughter, they didn't have to re-write her history to the extent they did. Marilyn married in the early 90s, so surely they could've tied something into that. Or later on, something from the years after she split from Donald and pretended to be a barmaid on Emmerdale. We know the current powers have no respect for the first couple of decades of Home and Away's history but this was just sloppy.

5 hours ago, Trudy Heine said:

Speaking of, bringing back OG Martha after 30 something years. 

Was that really worth it in the end? Especially when she's not even on the show any more

17 hours ago, Old H&A Fan said:

Morag being referred to as "Buggsy" and "B", and wearing thick glasses, when Bobby was going through Martha's diaries searching for her real mother

To mess with the Audience and let Bobby put 2 and 2 together and come up with 5 (Barbara, who was a damn good guess and set her straight)

• Like 1

On 05/05/2023 at 18:54, Bobby Forever Missed said:

Ailsa being allowed to foster with her record

Bobby as a foster parent is another one. I think we forget how young Bobby still was when she got Sam because of how much she had packed into the previous 3 years on H&A, and because she seemed to be older than she was. Would they really give a 21/22 year old single woman a foster child? Especially when it was known that she had been a teenage tearaway, then had a short-lived marriage, then had lost her own child? That's a lot of baggage in a short space of time. 

• Like 3

On 03/05/2023 at 08:46, cymbaline said:

We've seen plenty of silly storylines and they're fun. These aren't quite silly storylines but they're still a bit daft to my mind

1. Killing Bobby off, then writing Greg out within weeks. 

2. Promoting Ken Smith to the opening credits, then killing him off before you could say "Watch that car!"

3. On that note, never promoting Andrew Foley, Stacey Macklin or Ryan Lee to the opening credits. Goodness knows all three were around for long enough.

1. That seemed silly, but I guess it was done for the drama. The Adam fallout, Morag's return, Fisher's and Sam's grief. But I agree, the Marshalls could have left as a family unit, since I doubt anyone would care if Sam stayed or not at that point. I've no doubt Nicolle would have become a recurring guest in the 2000s like Carly, Steven and Pippa were had she not been killed. 

2. He was actually removed from the credits before his death too. I remember reading about the accident in TV Week a few weeks earlier and noticing him missing in the credits and put two and two together and knew he would die. Edward Dunglass didn't appear in the opening credits for very long in 2000 either before he was written out. 

3. I never got that either, especially when characters like Matt Wilson and Mariyln were added to the opening credits, then removed a few weeks later. They both returned later, but they were removed from the credits shortly after. Stacey Macklin was my favourite character, so I'm a little biased on that one though. 

On 06/05/2023 at 03:54, Bobby Forever Missed said:

Ailsa being allowed to foster with her record

And Irene for that matter. Her own kids were taken from her and she had a history of alcoholism and abuse, yet she was allowed to foster so many other teens over the years.

The H&A Early Years Instagram page makes fun of it all the time, but Ailsa popping in and out of the diner during really busy periods and her staff just putting up with it :lol:

• Like 1

On 07/05/2023 at 09:59, cymbaline said:

Bobby as a foster parent is another one. I think we forget how young Bobby still was when she got Sam because of how much she had packed into the previous 3 years on H&A, and because she seemed to be older than she was. Would they really give a 21/22 year old single woman a foster child? Especially when it was known that she had been a teenage tearaway, then had a short-lived marriage, then had lost her own child? That's a lot of baggage in a short space of time. 

Maybe Pippa back up Bobby too Forster  department and told Forster department that she keep eye on Sam and since Pippa has good name in department that they agreed. 

Edited by j.laur5