What things never made sense to you on Home and Away?

cymbaline

On 15/04/2024 at 23:48, nenehcherry2 said:

How did Pippa not notice that a) she married Michael within days of Tom's first death anniversary and 2) she then lost Dale on the same day 3 years later. 

Good heavens, I never noticed that. That head change must have been more traumatic than we thought

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, cymbaline said:

If Celia had been around when Pippa started going out with Michael, she would have had something to say. Tom was probably not long enough in the ground for her liking.

She'd probably snap back about "not wasting her remaining years grieving for the Les Palmers of the world"

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, cymbaline said:

If Celia had been around when Pippa started going out with Michael, she would have had something to say. Tom was probably not long enough in the ground for her liking.

I'm always wondering "what would Celia say?" when I watch any controversial (to Celia!) scene after she left! Especially as the show ramps up in the later 90s...

"Oh Pippa Dear, I'm so glad I caught you..."

(Typical wooden response from Pippa 2): Oh, Hi Celia.

"yes, hello indeed! Anyhow, I just wanted to tell you that I saw Young Shannon walking with that dreadful writer woman again!"

Pippa: Mandy?

Celia: Yes, that's who I'm referring to! I believe she has.... modern.... well, let's just say she's very modern. Not to worry though, I've already called an emergency meeting of the Women's Auxiliary with a view to get her removed from the district with immediacy!  

• Haha 2