What things never made sense to you on Home and Away?

cymbaline

50 minutes ago, Dan F said:

Latest gauge of distance we had was "a 10 minute drive" - which is yet another decrease on the 20mins mentioned a few years ago.

Though we're at the point where any character that works in Yabbie Creek is constantly getting their coffees from the diner, or talking and walking through the bay on their short breaks, anyway. Rose recently admitted that she was on her third coffee from the diner in one particular shift.

Because there's nowhere in the much bigger Yabbie Creek to take a walk or grab a drink...

Few pubs and the RSL, I guess.

The place must've suffered a catastrophic recession that closed down every eaterie. Back in 1991 Haydn Ross travelled to Yabbie Creek to catch an interstate bus. Before he was found by Michael, Pippa and Sophie, he was seen getting something to eat in a shopping centre. It's very dated looking, wherever it is that they shot those sequences. When Rob and Roxy got trapped in a lift a few years later, I'm pretty sure that was a shopping centre in Yabbie Creek too. A fancier one. 

14 hours ago, cymbaline said:

The place must've suffered a catastrophic recession that closed down every eaterie. Back in 1991 Haydn Ross travelled to Yabbie Creek to catch an interstate bus. Before he was found by Michael, Pippa and Sophie, he was seen getting something to eat in a shopping centre. It's very dated looking, wherever it is that they shot those sequences. When Rob and Roxy got trapped in a lift a few years later, I'm pretty sure that was a shopping centre in Yabbie Creek too. A fancier one. 

The infamous lift ep... They get stuck, overheat, Rob takes his shirt off, Rox takes hers off leaving in her bra, damn lift starts again, and they fall to the floor and lift opens in front of a ton of people thinking they've been at it🤣

9 hours ago, cymbaline said:

I can't help but think Chernobyl would be the place getting the worst end of that particular deal!

Haha!

• Like 1

I think I remember that line, though I wouldn't have remembered who said it. Still, Yabbie Creek had moved close enough by 1991 that its flash new supermarket could kill Alf's mini-mart. 

Wherever I read Pippa Fletcher I think of Vanessa Downing as Pippa  and when I read Pippa Ross I  think of Debra Lawrence as Pippa .  

Even though Vanessa Downing never played Pippa when being Pippa Ross. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, j.laur5 said:

Wherever I read Pippa Fletcher I think of Vanessa Downing as Pippa  and when I read Pippa Ross I  think of Debra Lawrence as Pippa .  

Even though Vanessa Downing never played Pippa when being Pippa Ross. 

Same here. It wouldn't surprise me if a lot of people hold a similar view. We've all watched TV shows where they switched actors and we got on board with it. The Pippa head switch was a step too far. I don't know whether it was the actresses being so different, or because of all the changes which occurred over a few short months. Tom and the original Pippa both left within a relatively short space of time and that left a big void. When they brought Pippa 2 in, it took a while for her to settle. Then when they introduced Michael, that brought a completely new dynamic to it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, cymbaline said:

Same here. It wouldn't surprise me if a lot of people hold a similar view. We've all watched TV shows where they switched actors and we got on board with it. The Pippa head switch was a step too far. I don't know whether it was the actresses being so different, or because of all the changes which occurred over a few short months. Tom and the original Pippa both left within a relatively short space of time and that left a big void. When they brought Pippa 2 in, it took a while for her to settle. Then when they introduced Michael, that brought a completely new dynamic to it. 

How did Pippa not notice that a) she married Michael within days of Tom's first death anniversary and 2) she then lost Dale on the same day 3 years later.