Most Popular Character 2022

Chris J

1 hour ago, adam436 said:

Having said that, it would seem all the original regular cast except for Neville McPhee and Lynn Davenport appeared in the poll.

Yes, I think most of the prominent regulars from all eras have appeared in this year's poll (or will appear). No glaring omissions this time. Arguably the biggest omissions are Curtis, Damian, Duncan.

Are we confident that Sally is going to win like usual?

Remember that this year's voters have displaced Morag from 2 to 31, and Fisher from 6 to 24. They seem to have short memories. If Sally does still win, then she's defying the trend of this poll ("current cast reigns supreme" ...plus the founding bad boys of the Lucy Addario/Louise Bowes era). It really would prove that Sally is unforgettable and capable of winning in any circumstances.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, SandsResort said:

Yes, I think most of the prominent regulars from all eras have appeared in this year's poll (or will appear). No glaring omissions this time. Arguably the biggest omissions are Curtis, Damian, Duncan.

I definitely wouldn't call Duncan a popular character by any stretch of the imagination. Even when he was a regular in 1998-2001, he wasn't really popular. Most of the "bad boys" had at least some redeeming qualities, but I really can't find any with the Duncan. He was definitely redeemed in his 2016 stint, but that appearance is so short-lived that I doubt many people would even remember that. It's definitely Brendan McKensy that defined the role. 

3 hours ago, SandsResort said:

Are we confident that Sally is going to win like usual?

Remember that this year's voters have displaced Morag from 2 to 31, and Fisher from 6 to 24. They seem to have short memories. If Sally does still win, then she's defying the trend of this poll ("current cast reigns supreme" ...plus the founding bad boys of the Lucy Addario/Louise Bowes era). It really would prove that Sally is unforgettable and capable of winning in any circumstances.

We just got our answer, and from some of the other displacements, I am really not surprised.

1 minute ago, jakeyy. said:

So the top 10 is likely these characters:

• Alf
  • Marilyn
  • Irene
  • Leah
  • Brax
  • Felicity
  • Cash
  • Tane
  • Dean
  • Ziggy

Someone else if there's a tie but I highly doubt it.

That's pretty much my predictions too. The genuine surprise for me is Cash! I would not have thought him to be more popular than some of the current regulars like Mackenzie or Justin, but there you have it. 

I still think this year's winner will be Alf, but with some of the displacements this time, we can't even be certain of that anymore. Leah's popularity seems to go up and down, Irene hasn't really done anything significant in years and I imagine Marilyn will have probably lost a few votes after the Heather story. It has been some years since Brax was on the show, so I can't see him winning. I'm genuinely surprised he will (most likely!) be the only past character to secure a top 10 spot.  

If a character was to win that wasn't one of the "Big Four", my money would be on Dean. He seems more popular than Ziggy (though I guess this poll will prove or disprove that!) and Cash, Felicity and Tane appear seem quite divisive, at least on this forum anyway. 

That's Four down for me.One to go.I might reveal my last two at the end.Nobody needs to hear me talk about my top 3.If you know,you know.?

That 3 women over 40 are making it into the top 10 tells me they could be doing more with them.Bring the fostering element back and make one of them a foster parent.

It doesn't surprise Me Tane will do well.I thought most people around here liked him so imagine many others will.Felicity being so high is a surprise.Personally she's one of my current faves but I don't know many people here who share that opinion so it's nice to know they're out there.I do wonder how things might vary if Tane and Felicity were't a couple.Same with Dean and Ziggy,neither of whom I particularly care about either together or apart though Ziggy used to be a fave.Until she wasn't lol.

This is going to be controversial, but I am glad Sally isn't in the top 10 this time. She does deserve it, sure. But she has also not been on the show for years. I think that Leah has now surpassed her for length of time in the role for instance which wasn't a fact in 2008.

Alf or Irene deserve to be number one in my opinion with over 30 years of their characters being on the show (yes I know Lynne isn't quite there but the character of Irene is bigger than the actress when you consider the backstory that led to her becoming who she is today)

Wow, some of the new characters (like literally appearing in the last three months) finishing strong, even Bree.  Colby as high as 25 - That's really surprised me.  And....yesssss..Heather there too.

I didn't vote for her but very surprised Mackenzie has done so well.  I thought she would be the sort of character to rub a lot of people up the wrong way but I guess maybe taking her punishment after the poker nights and not dropping Felicity in it (Who I think should have faced something considering she got Mackenzie into it in the first place), forming a genuine friendship with her and dropping the occasional snobbery has helped.

I am absolutely over the moon Sally didn't win TBH.  It will be interesting to see where Alf, Irene, Leah, Marilyn etc finish though.

That's all 5 appeared for me now.

I imagine more recent characters have done better due to the fact that they are fresh in voter's memories.

It's interesting to see just how unpopular my opinions of characters are. (Some of hose I dislike scoring very highly).

Archived