Most Popular Character 2022

Chris J

mpc-2022-news-header.jpg

It's that time again! Today we launch our tenth biennial poll to find the most popular Home and Away characters, voted for by Back to the Bay readers and members of the BTTB forum.

This year, all you need to do is choose your Top 5 characters from the show's history, and vote for them by following this link.

Unlike in previous years, you can't vote on the forum itself, but you can still post any questions and discuss the vote in this thread.

We will allocate 5 points to your favourite character, 4 points to your second favourite and so on. We’ll then add all the votes up and announce the results at a later date, with @Red Ranger 1 once again providing commentary along the way.

Please be sure to read these few pointers before we get started:

• Strictly one vote per person, and you need to enter your email address to be able to vote. If you enter more than once, your most recent entry will be the one we count.
    • We'll only use your email address to make sure your vote is only counted once. If you want to subscribe to our weekly newsletter full of Home and Away spoilers, just tick the box and we'll add you to the list. Otherwise, you won't hear anything more from us.
    • You need to choose 5 characters, so think hard.
    • Both regular and guest characters are allowed.
    • Please give a character's surname, as if you simply write down ‘Ben’ then we won’t know if you mean Ben Lucini, Ben Astoni or Ben Murray. If you need a refresher, check out our Characters section.
    • Any characters who have debuted in Episode 7876 or onwards (airing in Aus on 8th September 2022) are not eligible, due to the fact that these episodes have not aired in the UK as of the start of the voting.
    • Please only vote for who you genuinely believe are the best characters from the show’s history – not just the ones you think are the best looking, or your current favourite!

Voting will run until Friday 18th November 2022.

Get voting here!

• Replies 112
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Yay, this is always a great feature.

So it's more like a secret ballot this year, I wonder how that will affect the results. If anything, it will probably make them more accurate. In past years, some of us were bound to be influenced by seeing other people's votes. "Oh yeah, I forgot about them, I'll vote for them too". Or even "I can see that big character is already getting a lot of votes, so no need for me to mention them, I'll save my votes for my more obscure favourites".

looking forward to casting my votes! I do have a request though re: the neighbours poll. Even though the show has ended, maybe voting should happen next year so people can vote for their fave characters who featured on the show from late 2021-finale? I understand that it's not current but it is important to celebrate the great Australian TV series. I can understand however that it may be tiring for admin to do it but i honestly think continuing it just to celebrate the end of the series would be a worthwhile idea

Archived