Most Popular Character 2022

Chris J

That's three down for Me.I'm happy my beloved continues to rate relatively well despite being dead for 18 years.

I'm sad but not surprised Kyle is the lowest rated Braxton.He's my favourite Braxton but his exit was ridiulous.

It's nice to see Ash in this lot.He was a fave at the time and I shall remember him fondly even if I don't vote for him.

Kirtby doing so well is a surprise seeing she's only been around for a few months but It seems her two friends have done even better which is not as surprising imo.

My last two are much more current and honestly the only two in recent years that have any sort chance of potentially becoming all time faves.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, SandsResort said:

The Top 60 looks to be a mixture of two groups: top tier legendary characters from across the show's history... combined with, um, pretty much every regular from the last few years.

Those two groups are now even more conspicuous going into the Top 40.

By my guess, there are 19 characters in the "old favourites" group, who debuted from 1988 to 2011, most of whom were 80s/90s arrivals except the Braxtons and 3 more noughties exceptions (Leah, John and one other).

Then I think there are 21 characters in the "recent regulars" group, who debuted from 2016 to 2022. However, I'm not sure about someone like Ari Parata. I'm counting him in my predicted Top 40, but it would be a massive rise, from 0 points in 2020 (a year into his stint) to over 68 points this time (almost a year after leaving).

well there goes all my votes, all of mine have been revealed, not surprised that my last vote  got in the top 40 and not in the top 20 because there's a lot of the new viewers/people who love newer characters voting this year. I'm also happy Donald is up there still even though i didn't vote him

I have worked out who the top 20 are based on the fact that every regular from the 2022 season appears on the list. 15 of the 20 characters are current characters, and of the remaining 5, 2 of them last appeared in 2022. 

This must be the first time that current characters have dominated the top 10-15 and icons/legends like Pippa, Morag, Bobby and Fisher have been pushed out. 

The current cast are actually ranking in the approximate order we might expect them to, relative to each other. The 6 new 2022 arrivals have ranked "at the bottom", beneath the 15 other current regulars (who, like adam436 says, all seem to have made the Top 20).

So that's not a shock. The shock is just how high the current cast are ranking relative to past characters. I don't think many of us expected to see most of the 2022 arrivals in the same update as Fisher, Morag, Bobby and Pippa!

1 hour ago, SandsResort said:

I don't think many of us expected to see most of the 2022 arrivals in the same update as Fisher, Morag, Bobby and Pippa!

I think that's it. Usually new characters like Bree, Eden, Remi, Kirby, Xander and Rose would appear in the lower ends of the poll due to how new they are and the fact they've not exactly set the world on fire, so to see them in the same update as the legends, and some characters like Felicity, Cash, Tane and Nikau poll higher than them, is quite the shock. 

In the past, the top 20 have generally been a mix of the "poster boy/girl" for the day (for lack of a better word, and that's no disrespect to what they brought/bring to the show) and mainstay characters both past and present.

The current cast always get at least some points in these polls, it's just never really been so many. With the exception of three former characters (I could name my predictions, but I don't want to spoil it for anyone), the remaining 17 are all current characters or last appeared within six months.

Having said that, it would seem all the original regular cast except for Neville McPhee and Lynn Davenport appeared in the poll. Unless they somehow randomly make the top 20 or the other original character not seen yet (other than Alf!) does not make the cut, both of which seem unlikely. 

Archived