Most Popular Character 2022

Chris J

On 30/12/2022 at 23:55, j.laur5 said:

But Dean was like Bobby as both started out being angry rebellious characters and later calm down into nicer people. 

Even though very different characters and very different circumstances. 

I don't think Bobby and Dean are alike at all. Bobby was rebellious, but she didn't keep on breaking the law and getting involved with crimes. Dean hasn't done this as much in recent times, but he still has a massive chip on his shoulder and takes his frustrations out on everyone else around him. Bobby was much less like this towards the end of her arc. She had become a much more responsible, more mature person. Dean on the other hand, is still much closer to what he was originally like. And going back to when we first saw him, Dean was more than happy to have Robbo killed. Bobby may have been rebellious, but she would never tried or wanted to kill someone.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dean isn’t that with crimes too be fair I just find him boring especially when he got back with Ziggy 

Just now, pembie said:

Dean isn’t that with crimes too be fair I just find him boring especially when he got back with Ziggy 

He disappointed me when he caught Nathan well I say disappointing laughable really the river boys aren’t very scary these days 

41 minutes ago, Natasha said:

No big surprise that Dean is no 2. But why is Felicity even in the list? I thought people hated her. I know I do. 

Because she's one of the best characters on the show right now I guess, or so the people that voted for her (and quite a few of us that didn't) believe. Which "people" are you referring to?

12 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Because she's one of the best characters on the show right now I guess, or so the people that voted for her (and quite a few of us that didn't) believe. Which "people" are you referring to?

She's def not the one of the best characters on the show! For one thing she's too over the top and by people I mean members of the forum. 

1 minute ago, Natasha said:

She's def not the one of the best characters on the show! For one thing she's too over the top and by people I mean members of the forum. 

I think she's pitched just right: She's meant to be an out-there fun-loving character, and I think her journey throughout last year was well worth watching. Maybe we frequent different threads, but most of the members of the forum whose comments I've read seem to be generally positive about her and certainly nothing I'd consider "hate". It seemed like, during the illegal gambling storyline, members of the forum were mostly putting all the blame on Mackenzie and saying she should have listened to Felicity, so I'm not sure what you've read that leads you to believe they "hate" her.

If anything the results have shown us that the opinions of forum members aren't necessarily the opinions of the general public.I don't like Brax but that hasn't stopped him from being wildly popular.

I do like Felicity.I didn't vote for her but she's one of my currant favourite characters.

Thanks to everyone who was involved in organising, compiling and writing up the poll - I really enjoyed reading all the rankings and commentary, which took up a good chunk of a long train ride the other day! Wish I'd voted in it too now, but I didn't realise it was going on until I saw the results.

I fully understand that current characters are bound to perform miles better than past ones in a poll like this - and that it would hardly be reasonable to do a poll only of viewers who have an encyclopaedic knowledge of characters dating right back to 1988, or yield very many entries if you did. But even so, I must admit I was pretty gobsmacked to see Cash, Felicity and Tane all placing in the top ten. They're not even in my top ten in the current show, never mind out of 35 years. No slight on the actors at all, but I don't think any of the three are very remarkable character-wise. Someone said upthread that at least it shows people are enjoying the current character roster which is probably true - but personally as someone who's really crying out for changes to the formula at the moment, I'm not entirely decided on whether that in itself is a good thing or not. Still, it's certainly good to see that all the current old-schoolers safely rank within the top 20. Pippa and Don surely ought to be there too, though - and quite striking that the only characters apart from Sally who made the grade and aren't either current or very recently departed are Braxtons!

12 hours ago, Natasha said:

She's def not the one of the best characters on the show!

You do realize it's a poll of collective opinions yeah?

Just because you don't feel that way about her doesn't make it wrong. The votes don't lie, she was voted a top ten character and is popular amongst many.

I certainly don't agree with every result either but I am one individual amongst many viewers of the show

Archived