Will H&A: The Early Years ever return?

Skylover

1 hour ago, hapitoby said:

Good news. They've no added it. So on the main Home And Away Profile you can watch EPS from 1988, 2022 and 2023. Great they've finally done that! Hopefully it's permanent. I've no idea why they decided to take away the special EPS in the main channel and only put it on the live ones.

Just searched it, Wonderful news! Can catch up in order now as I never did see all of that season.

back in those days we didn’t have a VHS and if you had other commitments just missed seeing episodes 

maybe they will keep adding seasons as time goes on possibly?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, early years fan said:

Just searched it, Wonderful news! Can catch up in order now as I never did see all of that season.

back in those days we didn’t have a VHS and if you had other commitments just missed seeing episodes 

maybe they will keep adding seasons as time goes on possibly?

I hope so. A few years ago I'd say probably never, but that's mostly due to the cancellation of the earliest years. With things being moved to streaming, I just don't see it returning ever to 7two but possibly special episodes will and I can see them expanding seasons on 7plus. Maybe not whole seasons but might get whole massive storylines - the stalker, Flynn's cancer, best of villian storylines etc.

Edited by hapitoby
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bobby Forever Missed said:

this is great news for Aussies (and members with a VPN ? ) i really hope they don't do what prime did and stop at 1989, the only thing is if and i stress IF they put up everything to Shane's death is that going to be it? does streaming count as a rerun?

Is that where it ended on 7two? Ive no idea streaming laws and reruns it would be interesting. Is there an expiry date on when they have to pay someone royalties for a rerun? Does it differ per contract? I really have no idea.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hapitoby said:

Is that where it ended on 7two? Ive no idea streaming laws and reruns it would be interesting. Is there an expiry date on when they have to pay someone royalties for a rerun? Does it differ per contract? I really have no idea.

No expiration date that I’ve seen royalties in Aus is a somewhat grey area, H&A hasn’t paid any for both previous reruns that I know of, I don’t think they do unless it’s in an actor/actress’s contract Val Lehman when Prisoner started in 79 had enough sense to stipulate she gets any royalties from reruns (and DVD sales)

yes Shane’s funeral was where 7two stopped in May 2017

8 hours ago, Bobby Forever Missed said:

No expiration date that I’ve seen royalties in Aus is a somewhat grey area, H&A hasn’t paid any for both previous reruns that I know of, I don’t think they do unless it’s in an actor/actress’s contract Val Lehman when Prisoner started in 79 had enough sense to stipulate she gets any royalties from reruns (and DVD sales)

yes Shane’s funeral was where 7two stopped in May 2017

Oh right. So many it was a character/characters after this that they'd have to pay royalties for so that's why the reruns stopped?

On 30/11/2023 at 23:02, hapitoby said:

Oh right. So many it was a character/characters after this that they'd have to pay royalties for so that's why the reruns stopped?

I think it's a case of them having to pay more royalties to all the actors. I can't find the posts here now but somebody on the forum got some answers to the question of why the reruns stopped.