Will H&A: The Early Years ever return?

Skylover

I'm so disappointed that Home and Away: The Early Years had to come to an end on 7Two back in 2017 due to 7 having reached the limit of agreed re-runs on the episodes from the end of March/beginning of April 1996.

It was right in the middle of the golden era, personally from what I've seen my favourite time of the show is 1988-1989 and 1994-1997. I really wanted to see how stories ended for characters like Pippa, Curtis, Shannon, Selina and Angel. I was also curious to see the 1998 and 1999 seasons, possibly even the beginning of 2000.

Due to the situation with the contracts, does this mean those episodes are unlikely to ever be aired again? Now Neighbours has ended, I have more time in my schedule to watch other shows, and I'd like to watch 1996-1999 H&A or old Neighbours episodes, but reruns/availability of old soap episodes seems to be rare.

ITV3 in the UK has aired most of the 80s and 90s of Coronation and Emmerdale (now showing the 2000s) while the Drama channel has recently aired the 1985 to 2001 seasons of EastEnders from 2018 to present. Why can't we have the same for Neighbours and Home & Away?

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...

Not a chance, much as it pains me to say it. Home and Away is just one TV series from this era which is seemingly "locked up" forevermoreĀ ?Ā I don't know what the financial implications of making these old shows available again are but money seems to be a significant stumbling block. In the case of Home and Away, I wonder is it simply that the current powers that be have no interest in the show's past. When the first two series showed up on Amazon Prime, I was hopeful that more would be added to it. That has turned out not to be the case

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Bobby Forever Missed said:

Iā€™m going to have to say no based on my experience with the Neighbours reruns here in the 2000s which i have been waiting to pick up from mid 91 since 2004 not the 2007 rubbish 11/Peach tried to pass off as ā€œold schoolā€ in 2013

Same as some pass off the Sutherlands/Hunters of H&A and Scullys/Timmins of Neighbours as "old school Neighbours and H&A" and totally negating the 1980s and 1990s.

• Like 1

The way in which I think about this all the time LOL. I never got to see the unaired Early Years, I only started watching in '08, so the repeats on 7Two were amazing history and I really enjoyed it. It's a shame we'll never get to see it again... hopefully one day they'll work it all out...

• Like 7

On 30/08/2022 at 04:41, Conan said:

The way in which I think about this all the time LOL. I never got to see the unaired Early Years, I only started watching in '08, so the repeats on 7Two were amazing history and I really enjoyed it. It's a shame we'll never get to see it again... hopefully one day they'll work it all out...

That was me when they showed the early years from 1999-2002 it was cool to see the characters before i was bornĀ