Homecoming Part 6

Summer's Bay

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for reading :)

Chapter 535

Police Station – Summer Bay

“Sit down and SHUT UP!” Nick said as he pushed his brother onto the chair. Shane looked up at Nick. This was the first time that he has seen his brother so angry

“Do you want to do this?” Nicks sergeant said

“No sarge,  you do it. He gets no special favours” Nick said and he wanted out of the interview room, and walked into the nearby toilet and closed the door.

Background music- Home and away sad theme

He felt angry and embarrassed. How was he going to explain this to his parents? How was he ever going to face the people he worked with, with them knowing he had a criminal for a brother? Nick sighed and shook his head. He always tried to live his life on the straight and narrow…doing what he knew was right. Even sacrificing his relationship with Julie because of her brother. Nick banged his hand on the toilet stall door then he ran his hands through his hair and sighed. He opened the door and closed the lid and sat on the toilet. He closed his eyes as he tried to remember his brother when he was younger. He remembered how his brother always wanted to go everywhere with him. Nick smiled as he remembered the first time his brother scored the goal that let his football team win. That was only one of the memories that came into Nicks mind as he sat in the toilet for a while….until the memories of seeing his brother in the caravan park came to his mind. Nick sighed. Being in here was not going to change what had happened, he knew that he had to go and at least get some answers. Nick inhaled and exhaled then he walked out of the toilet and back to interview room. As he was approaching he noticed his sergeant walking out if his officr.  “Nick, I spoke to Mrs Fletcher, she doesn’t want to press any charges”

“So what happens now?” Nick said

Well, I will give him a warning, and you can take him home” The sergent said

“No, can he stay in the cell tonight? I want him to be taught a lesson” Nick said

“Is that really necessary?” The sergeant said

“Yes” Nick said

“Aright then, but get him out of here first thing..but there is something else” The sergent said

“I ran your brothers details through the system, he is currently under a good behavior bond in Brisbane…he shouldn’t even be here” The sergeant said and Nick looked at him surprised

“I didn’t even know that..I know you have to report this” Nick said disappointed

“Well Mrs Fletcher said she doesn’t want to press any charges so, as far as I am concerned there is nothing to report” The sergeant said

“Thanks sarge…sorry about all of this” Nick said

“No worries” The sergeant said. Nick sighed and he walked behind the sergent as they both walked the short distance to the cells. Shane was huddled in the corner…he looked scared. Nick felt his heart break as he watched his brother, but he knew he was doing this for his own good. Shane looked up when he heard the cell gate open and changed his demeanor.

“Can I get out of here now?” Shane said annoyed

“I’m afraid not” The sergeant said and Noticed fear creep into Shanes eyes

“There have been other burglaries in the area, soI am allowed to keep you in here for up to 24 hours for questioning” The sergeant said

“But I didn’t take anything from that house” Shane said with fear in his voice. Nick noticed that and wondered if he was making the right choice to have Shane stay in the prison overnight

“I’m sorry, but those are the rules. You can have 5 minutes with your brother then that’s it” The sergeant said and he turned and looked at nick and gave him a wink and he walked out of the cell leaving Nick and Shane alone

“I bet you’ve already told mum and dad” Shane said

“No” Nick said and Shane breathed a sigh of relief and smiled

“You’re going to tell them” Nick said and Shane’s smile disappeared. His heart was beating fast, he knew he was going to be in trouble. He knew that his parents would make him go home straight away. He knew that going home meant that he would have to live with his dad and he hated the way his dad treated him. Also going home meant he had broken his good behaviour bond and he could be really going to prison.

“Why didn’t you tell me about the good behavior bond…you’re not even supposed to be here” Nick said and Shane sighed.

“Where have you been staying?” Nick said

“In the shed behind the house” Shane said and Nick looked at him surprised.

“Why did you do this?” Nick said

“Because I didn’t want to live at home, and I don’t want to go to prison” Shane said and Nick sighed

“So you thought you would run away instead? Do you know how much trouble you are in?” Nick said and Shane got up from the bed

“I KNOW ALIGHT, I KNOW…BUT ANYTHING WAS BETTER THAN LIVING AT HOME WITH DAD” Shane said and a tear formed in his eye. “You don’t know what it has been like for me. Nothing I do is ever good enough. If I get a B in class he says well Nick got an A so you have to do better..I’m just sick of it” Shane said and he sat on the bed again. Nick sighed. He knew that his brother got into trouble, but his parents never told him about the good behavior bond. He felt guilty again. This is the second time that Shane had spoken about not wanting to live at homw.

“Try and get some sleep, I’m working tonight, so ill ask the sarge if he will release you into my custody in the morning” Nick said and he walked towards the cell door

“Nick” Shane said and nick turned around

“I’m sorry” Shane said and Nick sighed and he nodded and walked out of the cell, locked it and walked away.

Background music ends

Nowra beach resort- Nowra Australia

Alf flexed his muscles in the mirror as the sound of toilet flushing filled the room. He was so proud of himself. After round two, he felt like a new man. The prescription the doctor game him was working wonders. Alf looked down at little Alf and gave him a thumbs up and smiled then he looked at himself in the mirror and winked. He was just about to walk out of the bathroom when he looked down at little Alf again and noticed that he was still standing to attention…he also noticed that he had also changed colour to a deep purple. Alf looked around the bathroom and picked up a hand towel. He wet it with cold water and put it on little Alf however instead of doing what he had hoped, he started feeling a sharp pain. It was a pain he had never felt before and he let our an audible gasp. A few seconds later Ailsa came to the bathroom

“Love are you alright?” ailsa said as she noticed her husband in pain.

“Yeah…just got a little pain” Alf said

“Where? What’s wrong?” Ailsa said and Alf pointed to his private area then walked over to the bed and sat down

“I’ll take an aspirin or something, I’m sure the pain will go away” Alf said wincing in pain

“Love you look like you are in really bad pain, maybe I should ask reception if they have the number for a doctor” Ailsa said as she walked over to the phone

“NO..umm no, I’m sure I’ll be right in a few minutes” Alf said as he tried to smile even though he was in excruciating pain

“You won’t be love, look at you” Ailsa said as Alf lay on the bed as Ailsa picked up the phone and called the reception.

“Just my luck” Alf thought to himself. A few minutes later Ailsa put the phone down

“Lucky for us, there is already a doctor on the premises seeing another patient, he will be right along when he finishes” Ailsa said and she went and sat next to Alf

“I promise love, two aspirins and I’ll be right as rain” Alf said

“I want the doctor to check you out..just to be on the safe side..by the way, where are the pills that you got on prescription?” Ailsa said as she got up from the bed

“In my bag” Alf said as Ailsa opened the bag and pulled out Alfs toiletries bag. She took out the two bottles. One was Alfs medication for his heart and the other was the new prescription that Alf took

“I’ll show these both to the doctor” Ailsa said and a lightbulb went off in Alfs mind

“Ails..I have to tell you something?” Alf said

“What love?” Ailsa said

“Doc told me to take one of those tablets 30 mins before…but since they are so small..I didn’t think that one would work….so I took two” Alf said as Ailsa looked at him in shock…

St Peters church- Summer Bay

Background music- Have you ever been alone

Frank looked at his watch..the new watch that Beth gave him last night. He had been sitting on Tom’s grave for about an hour. It was going to be a nice day because the sun was out early. He didn’t sleep much as usual. After finding the burgular in the house, he tried to get some sleep but to no avail. As soon as it was light enough to go for a walk he left the house. Frank picked up the wooden cross that was on the grave. He read the inscription. It was from Tom’s parents. He never saw much of Toms parents growing up, because they were missionaries in Africa, but they would always call during Christmas and they sent gifts. Frank looked at the wooden cross one more time, and put it back in its space in the grave. Frank sighed. Anyone else in his position would be jumping at the chance of leaving Summer Bay. Considering nothing was going right for him..

Flashback

Yes this is Frank…I got the job? Are you serious? That’s great…yeah…thank you..ok when do I start? Yes I can be in the city in the next few days…great…thanks

Flashback ends

Frank remembered that day as if it happened yesterday. He remembered putting the phone down and immediately telling Roo that he got the job. He remembered what happened after that, they kissed. He remembered all the hopes and dreams he had for the future. He was a foster kid who didn’t have his HSC, yet he was getting a top paying job in the city, something he never thought he would ever get. Fast forward and here again he was presented with another great opportunity. Frank sighed…

Simpson Residence- Summer Bay

Sophie opened her eyes and yawned. She didn’t want to make any noise in case she woke anyone up. She looked around and noticed that her teddy had fallen on the floor. She got out of bed and picked up her teddy and got back into bed and cuddled her teddy.Today her daddy was going to take her and Sally to ride their bikes. She loved her daddy, and she told him last night when he was here. She loved her mummy and her new life here and never ever wanted to leave…

Bobby opened her eyes. She looked at the clock next to her, it was still early. She made a mental list of all the things she had to do, take Sophie to the caravan park, go to the diner, make dinner..as she thought about all that, her mind drifted to Frank coming over last night. She knew something was wrong with him because she knew him better than anyone else…but that didn’t matter…she had Greg and Sam in her life and she wasn’t going to do anything to jeopodize their future…

Harris Residence- Summer Bay

Fiona and Greg kissed

“I had a great night last night” Fiona said

“Yeah me too” Greg said and smiled

“Any chance of seeing you later?” Fiona said

“No, not today” Greg said and Fiona did her best to mask her disappointment then greg leaned forward and kissed her again then they heard movement in her sons bedroom

“I better go” Greg said in a whisper and then he kissed Fiona again and left the house. She smiled as she closed the door and leaned behind it. She sighed as her smile disappeared. She had fallen in love with Greg…and she knew that things couldn’t go on this way…

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

“I didn’t expect you to be awake” Pippa said as she walked into the kitchen.

“After all the excitement last night…I didn’t sleep much, I went out for a walk. Do you want a cup of tea” Frank said

“Its ok, I can get it” Pippa said as she walked into the kitchen

“The kettle is still warm” Frank said as he drank his tea. A few minutes later Pippa said opposite him. She stared at him as she drank her coffee. As Frank lifted his cup to drink his coffee, Pippa noticed that he had a new watch

“Nice watch” Pippa said remembering the watch that her and Tom gave Frank. She felt somewhat disappointed that he was wearing a new watch

“Birthday present from Beth” Frank said as Pippa looked at him

“Is everything ok?” Pippa said and Frank looked at her then sighed. He opened the gift bag on the seat next to him and took out the envelope and gave it to Pippa. Pippa put her cup down and she opened the envelope and began to read the letter. The more she read, the more she felt her heart breaking.

“Sounds like a great job offer” Pippa said masking her disappointment

“Yeah” Frank said

“I didn’t know that you were applying for jobs” Pippa said and she put the letter back in the envelope

“I wasn’t. I told you that Beth was leaving…she got a job in Melbourne..her friends dad told her about it, and he so happened to have a job for me as well” Frank said
“Oh” Pippa said as she looked at Frank

“Sounds like she really wants to make a go of things between you two” Pippa said

“Yeah, she already got a flat and everything” Frank said as Pippa looked at him. She was trying to hold in her disappointment. She knew that things were not going the way Frank had hoped, but for selfish reasons, she didn’t want to see her son leave.

“Last night I went over to Bobby’s to see Sophie….she was fast asleep. The room was a bit cold so I closed the window. I pulled the cover up and kissed her forehead. I told her I loved her and she opened her eyes and told me that she loved me” Frank said and Pippa smiled

“Oh Frank” Pippa said and she gently put her hand on Franks arm

“You and Bobby have worked so hard to gain Sophies trust” Pippa said and smiled

“Yeah” Frank said as he looked at the watch on his wrist

“Beth told me all about the new flat..its got two bedrooms, and its near the beach” Frank said and Pippas smile disappeared

“I’m sure it will be a nice place” Pippa said and drank her tea to stop herself from crying

“As Beth was telling me about the nice future we will have in Melbourne, she never once mentioned anything about Sophie…she never once said Sophie can come and visit” Frank said and he looked up at Pippa

“Maybe it never came to her mind” Pippa said

“Pippa, I’ve made some very selfish decisions in my life, but I’m not about to make another one.  I cant leave Sophie..she is my daughter.She needs me now more than anything.What kind of father will I be if I just leave her and see her only in the school holidays…then she starts calling another man dad? I don’t want Greg raising my child…no way” Frank said and Pippa exhaled. She knew that the job in Melbourne would be a great opportunity for Frank, but she was also proud of him for putting Sophie first

“I imagine that Beth will be disappointed. You can try to make it work” Pippa said  and Frank shook his head

“Long distances relationships don’t work” Frank said

“You can try, look at me and Alex” Pippa said

“That’s different” Frank said

“How is it different?” Pippa said and Frank looked at her

“…I don’t love Beth the way I love Bobby…and I don’t think I ever will. That is not a great foundation for a relationship” Frank said and sighed

“Maybe not Beth…but when the time is right, you will find someone…someone who will mean the absolute world to you” Pippa said

“I already have that…my daughter” Frank said

“You know what I mean” Pippa said as Frank got up from the table. She knew that he was disappointed about not going.

“I better go and break the news to Beth.” Frank said

“Frank” Pippa said and Frank turned and looked at her

“I promise, things will get easier here for you..I know they will” Pippa said

“Promises are made to be broken…see you later” Frank said and and he walked out of the house. Pippa got up from the chair and looked out of the window. She watched as Frank got into the car and drove away. She felt guilty for feeling selfish. Her son was staying. She walked over to the phone and picke dit up and began to dial

“Good morning…I hope I didn’t wake you up…I just called to tell you that I love you” Pippa said and smiled..

Background music ends

Nowra hospital- Nowra Australia

Ailsa opened the hospital room with her back as she held two cups of coffee. Alf was sitting up in the bed with his arms folded

“No answer at home, Emma and Sandra are probably both still asleep. How are you feeling?” Ailsa as she handed him a cup of coffee

“Like a damn fool” Alf said as Ailsa tried to stop herself from laughing

“Well if you had followed the instructions that the doctor gave you” Ailsa said and Alf rolled his eyes

Background music- Stewart Family theme

“I know this wasn’t the weekend that you was expecting…me ending up in hospital” Alf said

“I don’t know…its sort of romantic” Ailsa said

“Come on Ails, don’t make a joke about it” Alf said and Ailsa started laughing then she put an arm around Alf and kissed the side of his head

“I love you..and I would go all the way to the corner of the earth if it meant spending time with you” Ailsa said and Alf smiled

“Yeah me too…I just hope this anniversary weekend has not been ruined for you” Alf said

“Well we do have about six more hours before we head back home” Ailsa said and she looked at Alf and they both laughed then she laid her head on his shoulder and smiled

Stewart Residence- Summer Bay

Emma opened her eyes when she heard Duncan crying. She rubbed her eyes and got out of bed. She looked at Sandra who was fast asleep, and she walked out of the bedroom and the short distance to Duncan’s room. She opened the door to see him standing in his cot. She picked him up and sat on the chair in his room.

“Good morning” Emma said and she gently hugged him and comforted him until he was quiet. She rested her head on his shoulder as he gently hugged her neck. She wondered if this is how it would be for her…when it was her time. Emma sighed as a tear ran down her cheek..

Background music ends

Armstrong residence- Shellharbour 

Beth looked around as she made the last cup of coffee in the flat. There were only two boxes left that needed to go into her car. The flat was nice and clean just like it was when she moved in. She couldn’t believe that six months had flown by so far. She never had any expectations when she moved here. Most of all she never expected to find the man of her dreams

Knock on door

Beth smiled as she walked towards the door, there was only one person she was expecting

“Hi” Beth said when she opened the door to see Frank standing there. Everyday he looked more handsome than the day before. She kissed him on the lips

“Come in, I just made some coffee, do you want some” Beth said as she walked towards the kitchen

“No..thanks” Frank said as he closed the front door. He knew he had made the right decision, but for some reason he was feeling guilty

Background music- Have you ever been alone *

Beth put some milk in her tea  “Its good that you came early, we can hit the road early and get to Melbourne in about two days” Beth said and she looked up to see that Frank didn’t respond

“I have two boxes to go in the back of the car, so I hope you didn’t bring too much luggage” Beth said and smiled. Frank exhaled as Beth walked over to him and stared at him

“You decided not to take the job..am I right?” Beth said feeling disappointed

“It is a really great offer…but I cant accept it” Frank said

“Is it because I didn’t tell you?” Beth said

“No, its just complicated” Frank said and he could see the hurt in Beths eyes

“Complicated? Frank you can at least give me a proper reason why you are breaking my heart” Beth said and Frank sighed

“I cant leave my daughter” Frank said

“She can come and visit” Beth said and Frank shook his head no

“Its not the same. I have made many selfish decisions in my life, and leaving with you would be another one” Frank said

“How do you know that?” Beth said

“Because I have been in this situation before, and I know how its going to end” Frank said as Beth looked at him. He noticed a tear forming in her eye and his guilt increased.

“So, I guess that’s it then” Beth said

“I didn’t mean for you to get hurt” Frank said and Beth was queit trying to process what Frank was saying.

“I guess its too late for that but..Its not all your fault, maybe if I didn’t force this decision on you, we might have had a chance” Beth said and Frank looked at her. He knew it wasn’t true. There was never going to be a chance for them..not as long as he loved Bobby

“I want to give this back as well” Frank said as he gave Beth the gift bag with the watch she gave him. Beth sighed as Frank handed her the bag

“Good luck with everything” Frank said as Beth looked at him then he leaned forward and kissed her cheek. As he pulled away, he noticed that she was crying now and she nodded. Frank sighed and he left the apartment. As he walked back to the car he wondered if he had made the right decision. Frank opened the car and got in. He was just about to put the key in the Ignition when he looked at the key ring that Sophie got him from his birthday. It was a photo of him and Sophie. Frank looked at it and smiled as all the guilt was lifted and he finally felt at peace with his decision to stay and be a dad as he drove away.

Beth sat on the couch and cried. She was so disappointed. Frank was everything she had hoped for. She thought that this time it was true love. Beth sighed then remembered something that she had to do. She wiped her face with the back of her hand and went into the bathroom. She opened the cupboard and took out the pregnancy test that she had done a few minuted before Frank arrived and turned it over to read the results....

Background music ends

* Using this version in this chapter

Great chapter 

Nick finding out about Shane 

Oh dear Alf not following the label on his new prescription 

Fiona and Greg really not a good idea 

Frank not accepting Beth’s job offer 

Beth what are you up to? Hopefully she is not pregnant.

Update again soon :)

Edited by Kristen

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for reading :)

Chapter 536

Bennett Residence- Summer Bay

Bobby turned around as the front door opened. Greg tried to hide his surprise of seeing her in the house

“Hi Dad” Sam said as he looked up from playing with his toy fire engine.

“Hi, what are you doing here?” Greg said as Bobby got up from the couch and walked over to him and gave him a hug

“I thought you would be glad to see us” Bobby said

“Yeah, sorry I am..Since you worked last night, I thought you would be having a lie in or something” Greg said

“That’s what I thought but I was wide awake at the crack of dawn..then I dropped Sophie off at the caravan park…looks like you have been up early as well” Bobby said

I had to go over and pick up a part from Yabbie Creek” Greg said

“On a Sunday? Michael is working you too hard” Bobby said

“Nah, its ok…I knew it wouldn’t take long..I was going to come over later…who let you in?” Greg said

“Shaunna, she was just going for a run on the beach” Bobby said as Greg walked into the kitchen and opened the fridge

“I can make you something if you like” Bobby said

“No..its ok..I better go and have a shower” Greg said

“Ok, me and Sam will wait around, maybe we can do something together” Bobby said

“You don’t have to do that..how about I meet you in an hour over at the beach house and we can have a day on the boat or something” Greg said said

“Sounds good” Bobby said as Greg bent down and kissed her

“Hey guess what” bobby said

“What?” Greg said and kissed Bobby’s nose

“Sophie spoke to Frank last night” Bobby said smiling as she looked at Greg

‘What was Frank doing there last night” Greg said and Bobby realized that maybe she shouldn’t have said that

“He was passing and he just wanted to say goodnight to her” Bobby said

“Didn’t he say goodnight to her when I was there?” Greg said

“Yeah..but” Bobby was interrupted

“But what?” Greg said and he moved away from Bobby

“Greg there is nothing going on between me and Frank..I promise you there isn’t” Bobby said

“So why does he still think he has the right to stop by whenever he feels like it?”Greg said

“He knows he shouldn’t, but since it was his birthday, I just thought it would be nice that’s all” Bobby said and Greg looked at her

“Its you I love” Bobby said and Greg sighed and moved over to Bobby and hugged her

“Yeah I love you too. Its just that I know he wants more” Greg said

“And he isn’t getting it and he knows that” Bobby said and she looked at him

“How about I go over to the diner and get us some lunch?” Bobby said

“Yeah, sounds great..I’ll meet you over there” Greg said and Bobby stood on her toes and gave Greg a kiss on his lips

“See you later” Bobby said and Greg smiled

“See you later” Greg said and Bobby said

“Come on Sam, we wil see your dad later” Bobby said

“Ok, bye dad” Sam said and he followed Bobby out of the house

“See you later mate” Greg said and he closed the door and sighed. As he walked into his room he started thinking of the great night he had with Fiona and began to feel guilty. He didn’t think of Bobby once last night. He knew what he was doing was wrong, but last night felt so good to not be right..

Stewart Residence- Summer Bay

“You’re really good with him” Emma looked around to see Sandra coming into the kitchen as she put some toast on a tray from Duncan.

“Thanks” Emma said

“We are both supposed to be looking after him” Sandra said

“Yeah but you are working so its no bother. I like spending time with Duncan” Emma said and she smiled at Duncan.

“When are Mrs and Mrs Stewart getting back? Emma said

“Tonight” Emma said

“I was thinking of inviting Maurice over” Sandra said

“Why?” Emma said

“Dint you hear what I said last night?” Sandra said

“Yeah, but I didn’t think you meant it” Emma said

“Well I did” Sandra said

“Maybe you should wait a bit..you knw, until you know him a bit better” Emma said

“I know him well enough, and I know I want to do it” Sandra said

“So where am I supposed to go when this is happening?” Emma said and Sandra looked at her

“Yeah..you’re right..maybe here is not a good idea…I don’t want to end up getting caught like Mr Stewarts daughter Roo” Sandra said

“Roo got caught?” Emma said surprised

“Yeah, when she lived here, she was going out with Frank Morgan..you know Steve’s brother” Sandra said and Emma nodded

“Well Steve told me that Alf came home and caught them and threw Frank out of the house” Sandra said and Emma looked at her with a shocked expression

“Are you joking?” Emma said and Sandra shook her head no

“That’s how she got pregnant” Sandra said and Emma looked at her confused

“When she came here she didn’t have any baby” Emma said

“No, she gave the baby up for adoption…a little girl. Best thing for the baby, because I don’t know how she could’ve raised that baby by herself at 17” Sandra said as Emma looked at her then there was a knock at the door. Sandra got up from the chair and went to open the door. A Few moments Sandra returned

“It’s a visitor for you” Sandra said and Emma turned around to see Lucinda

“Hi” Emma said as Lucinda walked into the kitchen

“I hope this is not a bad time’ Lucinda said

“No, I was just giving Duncan some breakfast” Emma said

“I’m going to the shop, ill see you later” Sandra said then she left the house as Lucinda sat down on opposite Emma

“I was wondering if you wanted to go to the beach today” Lucinda said

“I hadn’t thought about it, plus I have some homework to do for tomorrow” Emma said as wiped Duncans mouth and Lucinda felt disappointed

“Oh..ok..its just that my parents sent Davids old scrap book and I thought you might want to look at it with me” Lucinda said and Emma immediately looked at her

“I would love to look through the scrap book” Emma said immediately

“Great..how about I pick you up at 12?” Lucinda said

“Is it alright if I bring Duncan?” Emma said

“Sure” Lucinda said and she gently patted Duncan on his head as Emma smiled

Barnett Residence- Summer Bay

Nick yawned as he put his hat on the chair as Shane followed him into the house and closed the door behind him.

“Can I go and get my bag from the shed?” Shane said

“Come straight back” Nick said. Shane walked out of the house as Shuanna was coming back in

“Is that your brother?” is he back for another visit?” Shaunna said

“He never left” Nick said

“Excuse me?” Shaunna said confused

“I thought I was dropping him off at the station so that he would get the train back to Brisbane, but he didn’t get the trian, and has been hiding out here in Summer Bay, in the shed” Nick said and he pointed in the direction of the shed as Shaunna began to laugh

“Its not funny” nick said annoyed

“Sorry…I didn’t mean to laugh..its just that he was living right under our noses and we didn’t even know it” Shaunna said

“Imagine how I feel. I’m the copper, I’m supposed to sense these things” Nick said annoyed as Shane came back into the house

“Hi Shane” Shaunna said as she looked at Nick then went into the kitchen as Nick picked up the phone

“Do we have to call mum and dad now? ..cant I even have some breakfast and a shower first?” Shane said as Nick looked at him

“You cant begrudge the bloke of some brekkie” Shuanna  said as she drank some water. Nick looked at her annoyed

“Ill just go and drink this in my room” Shaunna said trying not to laugh then she went into her room and closed the door as Nick sighed and put the phone down.

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Background music- Have you ever been alone instrumental

Finlay pushed the bedroom door open a little and noticed that Steve wasn’t in the room. She opened the door wider and snuck into the room. She opened the draw and pulled out Franks t-shirt and put it up to her face and inhaled. It smelled just like him Finlay thought as she remembered the time they almost made love, and the way that frank made her feel. She was in love with him, and she knew that he loved her. He wasn’t turning her down because he didn’t love her, he was just a nice guy looking out for Lance..but she was going to break things off with Lance because that was the only way to be with the love of her life…

Summer Bay

Frank smiled as he walked behind Sophie and Sally as they rode their bikes. Even though Sophie didn’t say much, the fact that she started to talk made him feel so proud. She was his daughter and there was nothing that was ever going to take him away from her..

Armstrong Residence- Shellharbour

Beth looked around the flat one more time and put the key on the table. She had only been living in the flat for six months, but it felt like she had been living there for years. She remembered the landlord telling her that she could just turn the lock and close the door. He would be around tomorrow to get the key. Beth sighed then she picked up her bag and walked out of the flat and closed the door. She turned the handle a few times to make sure the door was closed then she made her way downstairs. She opened the boot of the car and put the bag in an empty space. Before she closed the door she looked at all her things in boxes and bags and the space she just put her bag in.

That space was supposed to be for Franks things. Beth sighed and she wiped the stray tear that ran down her cheek and closed the boot and got into her car. She started the engine and took her cross body bag off and put it on the seat next to her. She sighed then she opened the back and took out the pregnancy test kit stick and looked at it. She knew what it would say, but she thought that maybe a miracle would happen and it would tell her she was pregnant then that would make Frank leave with her. She had the worst luck with me, and this was no different. Beth shook her head and sighed then she started the engine and threw the test stick out of the window and drove away…

Beach- Summer Bay

“Thanks” Frank said to the ice cream man as he licked some ice cream from his finger that had dripped. He went and sat on the bench next to Sophie and Sally as they stopped to eat ice creams. Frank smiled as Sophie looked up at him and he wiped ice cream from her mouth and winked at her. Today was such a good day…well any day was a good day when he got to spend time with his daughter

“Hi Frank ” Frank  turned around to see Marilyn walking towards him

“G'day Marilyn...Not driving today? Frank said

“No, I heard something making noise in my car so I didn’t want to risk it..I didn’t go far, just felt like having a walk on the beach” Marilyn said

“I can have a look at your car if you want” Frank said

“Oh could you?” Marilyn said excited

“Yeah, no problem..why don’t you have an ice cream with us, and we can go over to your place and I’ll take a look” Frank said

“Ice cream..I don’t know, ive been eating too many sweet things lately, I am sure I gained weight” Marilyn said

“You look great, besides ice cream is a must have when the weather is higher than twenty three degrees, its an old Summer Bay wives tale” Frank said and Marilyn laughed. 

“Since you put it that way ill go and get one” Marilyn said

“Good on yer” Frank said as Marilyn walked over to the ice cream truck then she turned around and looked at Frank..seeing him in a different light for the first time and smiled….

Background music ends

Edited by Summer's Bay