Homecoming Part 6

Summer's Bay

Great chapter 

3 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Shame Emma rejected Shane's overtures. Good that Sarah told Martin about Ben.

Totally agree with RR1.

Update again Soon :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for reading :)

Chapter 543

Ross Boatshed- Summer Bay

“Crikey, you sound excited about going to playschool tomorrow” Michael said and Frank laughed

“It’s just something I’ve always wanted to do…you know, take my kid, and now I get the chance” Frank said and smiled

“Thanks for giving me the day off” Frank said

“Well, you deserve it. You got the books in order, and everything else running smoothly” Michael said

“Thanks” Frank said and he looked at his watch

“Is it alright if I take lunch now? With the schools being out, Sophie is over at the resort with Bobby” Frank said

“I tell you what, how about you take the rest of the day off” Michal said and Frank looked at hi

“Are you sure? I was just going to take Sophie to lunch, I will be back” Frank said 

“Nah, you push off for the day. I’m probably going to do the same because I have to go to the city later” Michael said

“Thanks Michael” Frank said and he began tidying his desk

“As long as you come back on Thursday and not run off with Playschool” Micahel said and Frank laughed

Army Barracks- Brisbane

Martin stared at the computer screen. He didn’t know how long he had been doing it for but he just couldn’t concentrate. He kept replaying the conversation he had yesterday with Sarah in his mind. He hadn’t known her for too long, but when they hugged, he felt that he needed to protect her. Lt Lucini wasn’t going to get away with what he did to Sarah. Martin sighed then he leaned back on the chair and sighed. “Carly” he said out loud.. He noticed that Carly was different when he saw her over Christmas. Maybe Lt Lucini was doing the same thing to her. He had to know…he had to warn her. He hurriedly picked up the phone then he stopped himself before he could dial. What if he was wrong? What if he wasn’t doing the same to Carly?. Martin sighed. He felt so conflicted. There was so much on the line. If he made accusations against a senior officer, he would be called a dobber, and his army career might be affected, yet he needed to protect Sarah and make Lt Lucini pay. Martin sighed. He didn’t know what he was going to do, but he knew that he had to do something. He promised Sarah that Lt Lucini was going to pay…he just didn’t know how.

Stewart Shop- Summer Bay

“You sure you don’t need any money love..alright then…well you take care of yourself and if you ever need anything, you call me anytime..alright love..love you too..i’ll tell her..bye bye” Alf said and he put the phone down and sighed

“How is Roo?” Sandra said as she swept the floor

“Fine, said she has to travel for work. I don’t know…her living so many miles away while that mongrel walks arounf here playing happy families makes my blood boil”  Alf said as he felt himself getting annoyed. Sandra quickly swept in the other direction. She didn’t mean to make Mr Stewart mad, because he probably wouldn’t give her the day off tomorrow. 

“Mr Stewart, is it still alright for me to have the day off tomorrow to go and visit Viv with MrMitchell and Steve? Sandra said 

“Of course it is love. Don’t mind me. One day when you have kids you will understand” Alf said 

“You’re not planning on having any, anytime soon are you?” Alf said and Sandra smiled and shook her head

“I want to go to uni and get a career first” Sandra said and smiled

“Good on yer” Alf said.

Stewart Residence- Summer Bay

Emma drank some of the warm tea then laid on the couch and watched Duncan play. For some reason, she was feeling really sick and tired. She wanted to take Duncan to the animal shelter but when she woke up she was feeling really sick and decided to stay home instead. 

Duncan looked at the door as they both heard keys opening the door.

“Only me” Ailsa said as she came into the house

“I thought you were going to the animal shelter” Ailsa said as she bent down and kissed Duncan

“I was, but then I felt a bit sick, must’ve been the chocolate I ate last night” Emma said as she sat up

“You do look a bit pale, maybe I should make an appointment for you to see Dr Routledge” Ailsa said as she walked over to the desk

“No” Emma said immediately. “I’m fine” Emma said and smiled

“Are you sure?” Ailsa said and Emma noddd and smiled

“Yep, sure” Emma said as Ailsa opened the desk draw and took some papers out

“Thank goodness they are here. Bobby will have a fit if I don’t get these receipts back to the diner” Ailsa said

“If you get any worse, give me a call at the diner, and I will make the appointment for you” Ailsa said as she kissed Duncan

“Ill be fine” Emma said and smiled

“Alright then I will see you later” Ailsa said and she rushed out of the house as Duncan waved at her. Emma’s smile disappeared as she heard the door close. She laid back down on the couch and closed her eyes…

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

“This stupid thing” Shane said as he tried to start the lawn mower. He had been trying for a few minutes to get it going.

“You have to press the button then kick start it” Shane turned around to see a guy about his age walking with his bike. Shane followed the instructions and the lawn mower started. 

“Thanks..I’m Shane” Shane said and smiled

“I know, you broke into my house” Steve said and Shane’s smile disappeared. 

“Look, I’m really sorry” Shane said as Steve looked at him then he parked his bike in the bike storage rack

“I really am sorry” Shane said 

“I heard you the first time” Steve said as he put the lock on his bike. Shane sighed and he began to mow the grass

“I think ill be apologizing for the rest of my life around here” Shane said 

“Don’t do the crime if you cant do the time” Steve said 

“Tell me about it. That Frank is worse than my dad” Shane said as Steve began to walk away

“Hey do you know some Sheila called Emma?” Shane said 

“Yeah” Steve said 

“Is she always up herself?” Shane said 

“I don’t know, you should ask her” Steve said and he went inside. Shane sighed, and before he knew it he ran over a rock and the grass started spraying into his face

“I hate this place” Shane said out loud and wiped his face. Maybe coming here wasn’t the best idea after all. 

Sands Resort-Summer Bay

Sophie hugged her dad. She was in her mums office because she didn’t want to go to the creche. 

Background music- Frank and bobby’s theme

“Is this for me?” Frank said as Sophie gave him a picture that she drew. It was of her and her dad holding hands

“This is brilliant sweetheart” Frank said and he kissed Sophies cheek. Frank looked at the drawing and smiled. This was the first drawing that she had drawn. He felt so proud of his daughter and all the progress she had made. 

“You sure that you don’t want to come with us?” Frank said to Bobby who was sitting by the computer

“Thanks, but I have a few things to do here” Bobby said

“Michael gave me the rest of the day off, so I can keep Sophie if you want, and bring her home later” Frank said 

“Ok..I’m sure she will like to spend some time with you..thanks” Bobby said 

“You sure you wont come with us to have some lunch?” Frank said 

“I’m sure” Bobby said 

“Alright then, see you later” Frank said as Bobby walked over to Frank and Sophie and kissed her forehead

“See you later sweetheart, have a good time with your dad” Bobby said

“Ok mummy” Sophie said softly then she put her head on her dads shoulder as they walked out of the office.

Bobby sat at her desk and sighed. She looked at the work she had to do, and to be honest it wasn't that much, and she was hungry. She decided she would go and get some lunch with Frank and Sophie. She quickly shut down her computer, and grabbed her keys and purse and rushed to the door then she felt her stomach drop and she sighed as she watched Frank and Marilyn talking then they three of them walked out of the resort like a happy family. Bobby went back into her office, closed the door and leaned on the door and sighed. 

Background music ends

Edited by Summer's Bay

Great chapter

oh dear Emma is trying to hide her pregnancy for  Ailsa .

Shane trying to be friendly towards Steve

Martin trying to protect Carly from Ben but doesn't want to make a deal out of it in case he was wrong about the same thing happening like with Sarah.

Sophie finally spoke even if it was a small step and brief.

Update again soon :)

• 3 months later...

Sorry for the delay in updating. i've been very busy, however, yesterday was my 5 year anniversary of starting this fan fiction! Thank you to all those who read and comment, and those who read and don't comment. I have enjoyed every minute of writing this fan fiction, and there is still so much in store, so thank you for coming with me on this journey!

Enjoy! ?

Chapter 544

Army Barracks- Brisbane

Martin looked to his left and then to his right and let himself into the office. He knew he shouldn’t be there but it was something that he needed to do. He took his keys from his pocket and used it to open the filing cabinet that had all details about all the military staff. Martin started reading out loud the letters until he got to L and began searching for Lucini. He didn’t sleep much after Sarah left. He was falling for her but after what happened with Megan, he had to find out for himself. He felt guilty that he even had to check on Sarah’s story, but he had to protect himself “Lucini” Martin said as he quickly turned behind him then took out Ben’s file. He quickly searched through it until he got to some pages and began to read. What he read backed up with Sarah said. Ben was due to have a disciplinary hearing but disappeared. Martin sighed. He heard a noise and turned behind him. He quickly put the file in filing cabinet and locked it and carefully left the office and closed the door. There was a lot to process, but what he did know was that Ben was going to pay. He didn’t know how, but he had to figure it out. “Carly” Martin said as he walked down the corridor. He had to find a way to tell her what was going on, but he knew Carly, and doubted that she would believe him, but he had to find a way to let her know.

Lucini Residence- Summer Bay

Carly opened her eyes and looked at the clock on the bedside table and sighed. She had overslept. She had intended to just lie down for a few minutes before she went to deposit the takings in the bank but she was so tired and hung over. Carly sighed and got out of bed. She winced as she put her hare feet on the cold floor and walked over to the bathroom, and began to run the shower then she caught a glimpse of herself in the bathroom mirror. 

Background music- Carly’s theme

The bruise on her cheek was starting to look purple. Ben no longer hit her, but what he did was throw things at her. Anything was better than when he hit her. Carly opened the tap then she put her hands under the faucet and bent down and splashed cold water on her face. She closed the tap and looked at her face. She didn’t recognize herself anymore. She had lost so much weight and smiled when people complemented her on how great she looked. Carly tested the water then got into the shower. She let the water run into her hair then over her body as she closed her eyes  and let her mind drift back to when she first moved in with Pippa, Tom and Frank, and all the great memories she had that felt like another lifetime. A time when she was happy, a time that she would never feel again.

Background music ends 

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Shane wiped his hands on his jeans and knocked at the door. A short time after, Finlay came to the door.

“G’day” Shane said as he looked Finlay up and down 

“Hi” Finlay said as Shane stared at her legs

“Did you want something?” Finlay said

“Oh, just to say that I mowed the back yard, finished all the weeding and painted the wall and was wondering if I can push off early” Shane said with a smile

“Oh well Mrs Fletcher isn’t here” Finlay said as Steve came down the stairs

“So maybe I can take you out tonight?” Shane said 

“Sorry, I’m taken” Finlay said 

“Frank left a list of things for you to do” Steve said as he pointed at the list on the notice board and walked away to the kitchen. Shane sighed as his smile disappeared as he came into the house and looked at the list of things to do. He was expected to paint the inside of two of the vans

“Oh what? What a slave driver” Shane said 

“Don’t do the crime if you cant do the time” Steve said as he came out of the kitchen with a drink and went back upstairs. Shane sighed

“Thanks mate” Shane said under his breath as Steve turned around. 

“Oh the paint and paint brushes are in the shed” Steve said and gave Shane a sarcastic smile then went upstairs. Shane looked at Finley then he turned around 

“I really hate this place” Shane said as he bumped into a flower pot on his way out of the house. 

Background music – Frank and Bobby’s theme

Beach- Summer Bay

Shaunna looked around with her binoculars, then she looked at her watch. The beach had quieted down Shaunna though to herself as she hung her binoculars on hook of her lifeguard tower

“Hey Shaunna, are you not coming to have lunch” Shaunna looked down to see Haydn and she smiled. She had to admit, she was starting to like him and he appeared to be enjoying the junior lifeguard programme, and was doing very well.

“Ok, ill have one sandwich since its quiet” Shaunna said as she walked down the short ramp. She was hoping to get away early today, she had to go to the library to get some more information that she was going to discuss with Mrs Ross. 

Sands Resort- Summer Bay

Bobby smiled as she sat in the conference room with other departmental managers, and listened to her boss talk about some upcoming events. One being an international company shooting an ad for a product, and the hotel was hosting them. As her boss went into details, Bobby’s mind drifted away. She couldn’t stop thinking about seeing Frank, and Marilyn walking together like they were a family. Bobby inhaled and exhaled quietly. She was trying to deny to herself that she was jealous, and for that moment in time she was jealous, but in reality, Frank could see anyone he wanted, and she had Greg and Sam in her life. They were her future, and she wasn’t going to do anything to jeopardize that.

Bayside Diner- Summer Bay

Grant put the drinks on the table in front of Frank, Marilyn and Sophie.

“Thanks Grant” Marilyn said with a big smile on her face. Grant smiled and he walked away. When he got to the counter he looked at Marilyn as he wiped the counter and sighed. 

“Playschool sounds like its going to be so much fun, I wish I can go” Marilyn said as she looked at Sophie

“Yeah, I always hoped that I would be able to take my kid to a live show, and I get to do it tomorrow” Frank said as he looked down at Sophie who was looking up and him. He gently kissed her on her head and smiled.

“Oh that’s so sweet. You are a great father, Frank” Marilyn said as she began to feel butterflies in her stomach

“Thanks” Frank said 

“Oh by the way, did you know that the resort is having a dance for valentine’s day?” Marilyn said and she took the flyer out of her pocket and showed Frank.

“No I didn’t” Frank said as he bit his sandwich and looked at the flyer that Marilyn held up

“If you’re not doing anything, and you are interested…” Marilyn was interrupted

“G’day, on another date?” Frank and Marilyn looked up to see Greg by their table

“Hi Greg…no this is not a” Marilyn was interrupted

“Oh the resort is having a valentines dance” Greg said as he looked at the flyer in Marilyn’s hand

“Oh yes, Bobby told me about this..I guess we will see you two love birds there” Greg said and smiled then he walked away. Marilyn looked at Frank

“I’m really sorry about that” Marilyn said 

“No worries” Frank said and Sophie began coughing

“Oh sweetheart are you alright? Here drink some water” Frank said as he gently rubbed Sophies back and wiped her mouth. Marilyn stared at him. She couldn’t help it…she was beginning to fall for him, and wasn’t sure if she wanted to stop herself….

Background music ends

Edited by Summer's Bay
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Great chapter 

On 28/12/2022 at 19:12, Red Ranger 1 said:

Hopefully Martin's intervention will do something to help Carly.

I agree with RR1 hopefully Martin intervention will help Carly.

oh Shane trying to hit on Finlay poor guy

oh dear poor Sophie

update again soon :)